The State of The Union Address...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The State of The Union Address...

Post  News Hawk on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Any guesses which "protected class" of Americans will have the best seats?

jocolor

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: The State of The Union Address...

Post  fshnski on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am

Thank you cable! You''ll have to tell what you see. I'll be watching something more enjoyable. Cry-Baby is on channel 266 @ 8:00 pm or Dog Whisperer.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am

I won't watch it either.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

fshnski wrote:Thank you cable! You''ll have to tell what you see. I'll be watching something more enjoyable. Cry-Baby is on channel 266 @ 8:00 pm or Dog Whisperer.
Don't worry...you can watch Obama speak—the actual state of the Union won't be discussed...

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Bothered by the prospects of the State Of The Union Address?

Just take a shot of liquor at every "I" or "me".

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 am

Just take a shot of liquor at every "I" or "me"

I already do that every night listening to my wife.

Only kidding....
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm

None of us would be still standing if we did that, NH!

Fish, we won't tell your wife you said that!!!
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 pm

News Hawk wrote:Any guesses which "protected class" of Americans will have the best seats?

jocolor

As it turns out... The "protected class" was not an American at all, he is an illegal alien.

WASHINGTON — Every year, a hand-picked set of special guests sits with the first lady as the president delivers the State of the Union address.

This year, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have selected a young, undocumented immigrant from Las Vegas to be in one of their seats of honor.

Alan Aleman, 20, was one of the first young, undocumented immigrants from Nevada to receive work authorization under Obama’s direction to defer deportation proceedings against so-called “Dreamers” and allow them to find jobs
Outerlimits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm

I could be wise and say it takes one to know one, but I won't. Oh, I just did. Laughing

Outer, did you read the bumper sticker I saw? "Obama bin lyin' impeach now!"
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 pm

WHL wrote:I won't watch it either.

We missed a show...

Rolling Eyes

It appears we have to restore America's infrastructure, and spend more money on shovel-ready jobs.

Smile

No, wait...

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 am

fshnski wrote:Just take a shot of liquor at every "I" or "me"

I already do that every night listening to my wife.

Only kidding....

drunken

Sometimes just words will accomplish the same thing.

I feel Michelle Bachmann's pain...

Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:56 am

Outerlimits wrote:As it turns out... The "protected class" was not an American at all, he is an illegal alien.

No, NO!

No

He's an "Immigrant"!

Mad

Back to top Go down

Seen the Transcript?

Post  News Hawk on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Begins here:

"Think about a future where we're in control of our own energy. I will not cede the wind or solar or battery industry to China. I will not back down from protecting our kids from mercury poisoning."

I'm so happy I won again. Now that I don't have to suck up to my base, I will be the grown-up in the room.

Yes, I know John Boehner claims I said, "We don't have a spending problem." Maybe I said that — I don't remember. But we do have a spending problem.

Now that I'm concerned about my legacy, I looked at the numbers, and they are scary. I made so many promises that there's no way we can pay for them.

Take climate change. I think it's real and that man contributes, but even if America spent trillions to try to lower our carbon output, that would only make a microscopic change in world temperatures. The earth wouldn't notice.

Some of my anti-poverty plans are worse. Now that I've been re-elected, it dawns on me that those programs I said need more investment — always more — well, they didn't work. They perpetuate poverty by making Americans dependent.

The key to helping the poor — and being rich enough to adjust to things like climate change — is growth.

America grew fastest when government was tiny. Government at all levels was only about 8 percent of gross domestic product in 1912. In the hundred years prior to that, we made the Louisiana Purchase and settled the West. Americans went from subsistence-level farms to the highest standard of living on the planet.

Spending shot up during the world wars, but in peacetime it grew very little. Even the big boom in domestic spending during the New Deal resulted in government spending per person that was only about half what it is today — half — even as government went on to build dams, the interstate highway system and spacecraft. Spending was still only about $3,000 per person in today's dollars.

Then came Lyndon Johnson and the Great Society. We would cure poverty! Government grew so much that now, at all levels, it spends $20,000 per person per year.

But we didn't cure poverty. Americans had been lifting themselves out of poverty — on their own — but when government stepped in, we stopped that progress. We encouraged people to be dependent. The poor stayed poor.

My friend Bill Clinton put us on a better track. He didn't want to end welfare as we know it — Republicans forced him to make good on his promise — but I now must admit that welfare reform was a good thing. And during the Clinton administration, the economy grew, and we actually balanced the budget.

But then President Bush happened. He added social programs, hired 90,000 new regulators, created a whole new Cabinet-level department (for homeland security), and bailed out banks and automakers. Whew! Then I got elected, and we spent even more.

But now I look at the numbers and get dizzy. We're eating our future!

So I then asked myself: What was so bad about spending in the Clinton years? He spent $2 trillion per year. That's a lot. Why do we need to spend more? America doesn't face greater challenges now than we did then. In many ways, we're richer now, and life is easier. A government that spends $2 trillion is plenty big. So I announce today my intention to cut the size of the federal government nearly in half — back to Bill Clinton levels. That's enough.

Oh, and about those drones? I just reread the Constitution, and it says I can't just kill whomever I want. I'm going to start following the Constitution. I was a law school professor ..."

Well, maybe this was John Stossel's version—I may have mixed them up...

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top