Ending diplomatic relations with the Vatican?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ending diplomatic relations with the Vatican?

Post  fshnski on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

During the past year, the Obama administration strongly considered ending diplomatic relations with the Vatican as it pondered whether it should appoint a new envoy to the Holy See, Newsmax has learned.

The recent Obama nomination and Senate confirmation on August 1 of Ken Hackett as the new U.S. Ambassador has ended internal Obama administration debate on the matter.
"I have heard the rumors and I believe them to be true," Jim Nicholson, former U.S Ambassador to the Vatican under President George W. Bush, told Newsmax. "It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Obama White House seriously discussed downgrading U.S. diplomatic relations with the Holy See, given the devalued view they clearly hold this relationship in."

Special Report: Obama’s Assault on Religion — Click Here Now
"This administration does not want a strong Catholic Church, nor a strong relationship with it, as it sees the Church as an obstacle to its liberal social agenda," Nicholson said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newswidget/holy-see-ambassadorship-obama/2013/08/19/id/521140?promo_code=125C2-1&utm_source=125C2Washington_Times&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1#ixzz2cWdvhr9e
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top