Should we bomb Syria?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we bomb Syria

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 8 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 am

Pretend you are Congress and have to vote about bombing Syria.

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  WHL on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:32 am

NO, we should not! I just voted. I finally agree with you Don?????
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Hawk on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:54 am

WHL wrote:NO, we should not!  I just voted.  I finally agree with you Don?????
Hooray, Donzel's been reading my unemotional and logical opinions!

cheers 
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 am

News Hawk wrote:
WHL wrote:NO, we should not!  I just voted.  I finally agree with you Don?????
Hooray, Donzel's been reading my unemotional and logical opinions!

cheers 
I have? scratch

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm

I voted against the bombing of Syria because we shouldn't be taking sides in a civil war of another country.  War is war and you do what you need to win (at least that is how you should fight it) and both sides are out to win.  We should not make it harder for one side to win because we don't like the existing leadership.
We bombed Japan with an atomic bomb because we wanted to end the war anyway we could.  A lot of innocent women and children died when, not one, but two, bombs were dropped on the civilian population.

We need to let these countries settle their own internal problems without the USA interfering.

President Obama is doing what he thinks is right but I just don't agree with him.

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Hawk on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Donzel wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
WHL wrote:NO, we should not!  I just voted.  I finally agree with you Don?????
Hooray, Donzel's been reading my unemotional and logical opinions!

cheers 
I have? scratch
Surely, you read of my posting of "Why are we considering killing Syrians?

"There is a large element of 'insanity'' in the idea that we are going to be killing Syrians to punish Syrians for killing Syrians"...
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Donzel wrote:I voted against the bombing of Syria because we shouldn't be taking sides in a civil war of another country.  War is war and you do what you need to win (at least that is how you should fight it) and both sides are out to win.  We should not make it harder for one side to win because we don't like the existing leadership.
We bombed Japan with an atomic bomb because we wanted to end the war anyway we could.  A lot of innocent women and children died when, not one, but two, bombs were dropped on the civilian population.

We need to let these countries settle their own internal problems without the USA interfering.

President Obama is doing what he thinks is right but I just don't agree with him.
Well said! I also voted no.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm

We are stronger when we act together. That's the new spin from the left.

He is not trying to create a imperialist presidency.  Kerry

I feel sorry for Kerry having to make excuses for obomya.

I feel sorry for the United States because this person, this person the left elected, is making us look like incompetent nincompoops.


Last edited by fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm

News Hawk wrote:
"There is a large element of 'insanity'' in the idea that we are going to be killing Syrians to punish Syrians for killing Syrians"...
You're right, it's a civil war and they must settle their differences without interference from anyone.

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:27 pm

oboma is in over his head.

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:37 pm

I'll say it for the lefties, It's Bush's fault and you are a racist!

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Anti Federalist on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Glad to see everybody's head is screwed on right, at least on this issue.

No, of course.

Now, don't think for one second The Powers That Be give a frog's fat ass about what us Mundanes think about anything.

Nice to have it on the record though.
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 pm

As the scheduled time for President Obama’s address on Syria came and went yesterday, reporters in the Rose Garden could see him through the Oval Office windows, talking on the telephone.

He was probably talking to political guru David Axelrod about the latest polls — just before he demanded that Congress rise above partisanship.

You don’t have to be a cynic to scoff at Obama’s claim that his sudden decision to seek approval for a military strike shows his loyalty to the Constitution. In truth, it is all about saving his own bacon. He talked himself into no-man’s land and is now desperately seeking an escape hatch.

AFP/Getty Images
GRIEF:A Syrian couple mourns following the regime’s chemical-weapons attack on Aug. 21. Meanwhile, Obama does nothing.
Boxed in from the left and right, at home and abroad, heckled as a hypocrite and a flip-flopper, he didn’t have a single friend, let alone a coalition. So he kicked the can to Congress and challenged its members to make the unpopular decision he’s not willing to make as commander in chief.

The 11th-hour reversal is a Gilda Radner moment — “Never mind!” She did it as comedy; Obama does it as farce.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/politics_over_morals_in_audacity_F9fbiQz9wZeF7fJFOTbqsM

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  WHL on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Could you see if his feet were on the desk, fsh?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 pm

“If we can’t stop Syria on a red line with chemical weapons, how can anyone expect us to stop Iran with a red line on nuclear weapons?” Mr. King said on “Fox News Sunday.” “I think it is going to difficult to get the vote through in Congress, especially when there’s going to be time over the next nine days for opposition to build up to it.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/1/some-gop-lawmakers-skeptical-congress-will-ok-mili/#ixzz2dgs3lJCU
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Well, at least obama has the support of the French ... What ... You sure? .. They just surrendered?

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Hawk on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:58 am

fshnski wrote:“If we can’t stop Syria on a red line with chemical weapons, how can anyone expect us to stop Iran with a red line on nuclear weapons?” Mr. King said on “Fox News Sunday.”
What's really disappointing today is our incompetence in tracking WMDs.

What happens when Jimmy Carter's "Islamic Republic of Iran" attacks the mainland of the US? We should retaliate, but would we be waffling so badly in the White House? Actually, the time to rehabilitate Iran was when Iran simmered—civilly—earlier in O-bomb-ya's reign.

Opportunity lost—maybe forever.

Sad
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 am

It was a brilliant move on Obama's part to consult with the Congress, but of course the Tea Party (Koch brothers) will demand an end to Social Security and Medicare for their yes vote!!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 am

A brilliant move? He passed the buck!

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:46 am

News Buzzard wrote:It was a brilliant move on Obama's part to consult with the Congress, but of course the Tea Party (Koch brothers) will demand an end to Social Security and Medicare for their yes vote!!
Well said!

I liked this part of his speech:

"I’m also mindful that I’m the President of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy. I’ve long believed that our power is rooted not just in our military might, but in our example as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. … I believe that the people’s representatives must be invested in what America does abroad."

_________________
Hey fishead, quote this so I can't edit it.

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 am

Donzel wrote:"I’m also mindful that I’m the President of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy. I’ve long believed that our power is rooted not just in our military might, but in our example as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. … I believe that the people’s representatives must be invested in what America does abroad."
I believe that sets up Obama to consult the Congress on any red line that Iran might cross!

Even Mitch McConnell likes Obama's decision:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mcconnell-seeking-congress-approval-on-syria-a-good-move-strengthens-obamas-presidency.php?ref=fpb

Nice signature, Donzel!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

He passed the buck.

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am

What with our president having received the Nobel Peace Prize and leading us in a pivot to Asia, I guess the White House wants to pretend that the humiliating debacle America is suffering — in front of the world — isn’t happening. What’s wrong with asking Congress for authorization to go to war? The Obama apologencia will tell us it is what the president meant to do all along. They will tell us things are going according to plan. What’s the rush? But no, for the first time ever, an American president is saying, “The buck does NOT stop here.”

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Donzel on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:31 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Donzel wrote:"I’m also mindful that I’m the President of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy. I’ve long believed that our power is rooted not just in our military might, but in our example as a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. … I believe that the people’s representatives must be invested in what America does abroad."
I believe that sets up Obama to consult the Congress on any red line that Iran might cross!

Even Mitch McConnell likes Obama's decision:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mcconnell-seeking-congress-approval-on-syria-a-good-move-strengthens-obamas-presidency.php?ref=fpb

Nice signature, Donzel!

It is good that the Senate republican leader has said good things about how President Obama is handling Syria.

"Lawmakers had widely called for Obama to include Congress in the decision under the War Powers Act."

I think the GOP is finally realizing that they need to work together with the President and to stop being the party of "NO".


_________________
Hey fishead, quote this so I can't edit it.

Donzel

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  fshnski on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:39 am

obambi is an embarrassment. We look like incompetent boobs to the rest of the world.

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum