Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time

2 posters

Go down

NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time  Empty NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Two months ago, NewsBusters asked when the Obama-loving media would get around to reporting the poor quality of jobs being created in this economy.

On Friday, the NBC Nightly News did just that in a surprising segment that included a reporter actually saying, "Of the eight hundred forty-eight thousand jobs created this year, nearly two thirds are part-time"

"To be honest, I'm having a hard time determining where NBC got this data from."

The on-screen graphic said "BLS," but I show somewhat different numbers using both the Establishment and Household surveys.

In addition, last month our friend at Zero Hedge calculated that 77 percent of the jobs created through July 31 were part-time.

Regardless, it was still astonishing to see NBC News file this report.

Maybe if they and other outlets had shared this information with the public during last year's presidential campaign, the results would have been different.

I guess the folks at NBC feel comfortable reporting such bad economic news to the public in an off-election year.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/09/07/nbc-nightly-news-shocker-nearly-23-jobs-created-year-are-part-time#ixzz2eFMwCnon
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time  Empty Re: NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time

Post  WHL Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Now that they can't hurt Obama by telling the truth, maybe they will tell the truth for a change. That would be refreshing.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time  Empty Re: NBC Nightly News Shocker: Nearly 2/3 of Jobs Created This Year Are Part-Time

Post  fshnski Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:23 pm

If you mean we need a press that is less partisan I agree.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down