Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government.

4 posters

Go down

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government. Empty Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government.

Post  Outerlimits Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Expect a sharp drop off of the usual doom and gloom rhetoric about shutting down the Federal Government this time. This time it will be Senate Democrats that are responsible.  Have no fear as not much will change for average Americans.  All "essential services" will keep running.

It brings up the question:

If certain services aren't "essential", then why is the federal government doing them in the first place?Question 

The only change will be that millions of American (most of who identify them selves as Democrat and liberal) that believe and preach that BIG government is absolutely essential for our lives, will be forced to close their eyes and ignore the obvious.  Much like they have done with all of the so called “phony scandals”.

The Federal Government was never meant to be a major part of Americans' lives.  The leftist big-government types (in both parties) have been trying to make it much more than that and of course, they are all mostly failing. The programs they have set up tend to go outside Federal Government's true role, have mostly been so inefficient (an inherent government characteristic), and ineffective.

Bring on the shut-down.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government. Empty Re: Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government.

Post  WHL Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Yep, I agree. Bring it on! Let's see what Obama can come up with to blame on the shutdown this time. More shutting down of tours of the White House?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government. Empty Re: Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government.

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Shut 'er down!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government. Empty obama: GOP focused on 'messing with me,' not on boosting economy

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm

obama traveled to the heartland Friday to tout the economy's recovery and slammed Republicans back in Washington for voting to defund Obamacare at the risk of a government shutdown.

"They're focused on trying to mess with me — they're not focused on you,” obama told a friendly crowd at a Kansas City-area Ford plant.

The speech capped a week of events as obama sought to pressure Republicans ahead of two crucial fiscal fights. Lawmakers must pass a spending bill by the end of September to avert a shutdown and vote to raise the debt ceiling to avoid a default by mid-October.

obama’s speech came hours after House Republicans passed a bill that would keep the government funded through mid-December but also strip money for obamacare, the president's signature legislative achievement.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-gop-focused-on-messing-with-me-not-on-boosting-economy/article/2536167
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:54 pm

How presidential.

He also said,

"if the GOP got their way: ”America becomes a deadbeat.”

“I may roll in a Cadillac now,” he told the crowd. “But I don't own it, I rent it, just like my house. The lease runs out in 3 1/2 years.”
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Ha! He can try to pretend he is still just a poor boy but we know the truth. In 3 1/2 years he will still be living the life, at our expense.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:49 pm

It would be worth it if it was 3 & 1/2 months.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:00 am

fshnski wrote:Shut 'er down!
They tried that at the WWII Memorial.

Senate Democrats to shut down Federal Government. 100613

(Said to have been "Stalinesque" in design, anyway).

QUOTE:

"This isn't the end of the road, guys," Sessions said with a grin. "This is halftime."
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down