obama nominee Ron Binz caught lying, withdraws.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

obama nominee Ron Binz caught lying, withdraws.

Post  fshnski on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:27 pm

The White House’s nominee to a top energy post withdrew on Monday, conceding defeat in a fight that had turned into a major battleground for President Obama’s climate agenda.

Ron Binz, Mr. Obama’s nominee to be chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, had faced bipartisan opposition after he made comments critical of fossil fuels and after he appeared to mislead members of the Senate Energy Committee.

“It is now clear that my nomination will not be reported favorably,” Mr. Binz wrote to Mr. Obama in a letter. “Reluctantly, therefore, I respectfully request that my name be withdrawn from further consideration for this position.”

As late as Thursday, the White House had publicly insisted it was still backing Mr. Binz, even as the Energy Committee said it had learned the administration was searching for other candidates to replace him.

The concession is a major blow to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whose current and former staffers — including some who have become registered lobbyists — had been working to get Mr. Binz confirmed.

Indeed, emails exposing Mr. Binz’s work with those lobbyists and with a Democratic public relations firm helped dent his nomination. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the ranking Republican on the Energy Committee, said Mr. Binz had led her to believe he didn’t have a team of lobbyists aiding him.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/1/white-house-concedes-defeat-ron-binz-key-energy-no/#ixzz2gUpRkOHS
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: obama nominee Ron Binz caught lying, withdraws.

Post  WHL on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm

You mean to say one of his crooks didn't make it through????????
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 am

fshnski wrote:Ron Binz, Mr. Obama’s nominee to be chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, had faced bipartisan opposition after he made comments critical of fossil fuels and after he appeared to mislead members of the Senate Energy Committee.

“It is now clear that my nomination will not be reported favorably,” Mr. Binz wrote to Mr. Obama in a letter. “Reluctantly, therefore, I respectfully request that my name be withdrawn from further consideration for this position.”

"Favorably"

Question 

Arrow 

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top