Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shutdown bad for obama.

+3
News Buzzard
WHL
fshnski
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Shutdown bad for obama. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shutdown bad for obama.

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm

They should have negotiated a budget a long time ago, as I said, but the Affordable Care Act is legislation that has already passed muster with all 3 branches of government, and shutting down the government because you don't like that legislation is extortion, because you're trying to blackmail the other party into doing away with a proper law by means of force. (shutdown) This low level gimmick by the Republicans would be a felony if it wasn't politics.

It looks like the Hastert Rule has effectively shut down the government. Why is Boehner so afraid of a floor vote in the House? Is it because there are enough Republicans who will do the right thing?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-02/why-john-boehner-wont-hold-a-vote-to-reopen-the-government?campaign_id=yhoo
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm

The Republicans are fighting the Democrats because they believe the left isn't moving the country in the right direction. They don't agree with how the left wants to spend money nor do they believe that America needs more stringent environmental rules.

As far as the majority of the majority, That is the way the "Fathers of Our Country" wanted it to work and that is why they wrote Constitution as they did.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 pm

fshnski wrote:The Republicans are fighting the Democrats because they believe the left isn't moving the country in the right direction. They don't agree with how the left wants to spend money nor do they believe that America needs more stringent environmental rules.
You fix that by winning elections and compromising. Our deficit for this year has been cut in half, thanks to an improving economy. They can get to the table by working on a combination of spending cuts and tax hikes and our deficit will go away. The Republicans took their shot at doing away with Social Security (privatizing) and Medicare (vouchers) and lost the election. These programs are not in doomsday mode and can be repaired.

As far as the environment goes, I believe only fools don't accept man-made global warming. We have to do something to control CO2 emissions, and we have to do it soon.

As far as anything going on locally, anyone can always reach out to me. You all know where to find me.

See ya.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:48 pm

I have a hard time believing anything from the left.

Google government shutdown.

See how many leftist sites come up before The Washington Post or the Washington Express or Fox news.

This is yet another example of the tactics the left uses to manipulate the news.

They only want you to hear what is good for them.

Last edited by fshnski on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I made a mistake.)
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 pm

fshnski wrote:I don't believe you because all you do is twist the facts.
Then stick your hand up and get involved. I've met a lot of great people associated with this town and my work has been a very rewarding experience for me.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:58 pm

My post didn't come out the way I meant. I apologize. I corrected it.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Thank you. Apology accepted!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
fshnski wrote:Just because somebody says something doesn't mean it is true.

Do you have the same closed mind when it comes to dealing with problems that come up in Wolfeboro?
Does it always get personal when you're losing an argument?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/with-traditional-gop-allies-defecting-big-business-leaders-take-sides-with-obama
I thought progs hated big business.

Why would you tout an article that says big business is aligning with Obama?
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:44 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
fshnski wrote:We don't like and don't want obamacare.
Then get officials elected who will repeal it! That's the way the system is supposed to work.
Umm, that's what happened.

A budget was passed that de-funds (repeals) the act.

Now Obama can sign it or not.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh and taxation is the true extortion.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:A budget was passed that de-funds (repeals) the act. Now Obama can sign it or not.
You should check your facts. No budget has been passed by the Congress! Furthermore, why would Obama sign off on doing away with his historic signature legislation? As I have said, elections have consequences, and Obama has the discretion to veto legislation, whether you like it or not.

As far as taxation being the true extortion, who do you think is going to pay the 3/4 of a trillion dollars in defense spending to protect your sorry ass? If you don't like the way things are run in this country feel free to drive 3 hours north to Canada!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:A budget was passed that de-funds (repeals) the act. Now Obama can sign it or not.
You should check your facts. No budget has been passed by the Congress! Furthermore, why would Obama sign off on doing away with his historic signature legislation? As I have said, elections have consequences, and Obama has the discretion to veto legislation, whether you like it or not.

As far as taxation being the true extortion, who do you think is going to pay the 3/4 of a trillion dollars in defense spending to protect your sorry ass? If you don't like the way things are run in this country feel free to drive 3 hours north to Canada!!
LOL @ a prog defending military spending.

Your childish outburst does not change the fact that taxation is armed robbery, or extortion.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

News Buzzard wrote:You should check your facts. No budget has been passed by the Congress!
The House voted early Sunday morning to pass a new continuing resolution, 231 to 192, which would fund the government thru Dec. 15.

The plan, which emerged on Saturday, would also impose a one-year delay of Obamacare and a full repeal of the law’s tax on medical devices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/29/house-budget-vote_n_4010096.html
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 am

That's how the libs twist things, Anti. By saying "Congress" hasn't passed a budget. But the HOUSE did pass a budget -the DEMS said NO. It is the Dems that are closing down the government. They want it all THEIR way or the highway. And it seems to me in the bill, all the House did was ask for a year delay in Obamacare which was a compromise already since they really want to repeal it forever.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:22 am

Yesterday when told that Wall Street didn't show much effect after the shutdown obama said "I think this time is different, I think they should be concerned, when a small faction ... extortion, hostage yada, yada, yada ... then we are in trouble."

He wants the stock market to fall so he can use it to his political advantage!

Who's side is he on?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Shutdown bad for obama. - Page 2 Empty Attempt to sign up, and be told "You're already signed up"...

Post  News Hawk Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 am

News Buzzard wrote:It's quite humorous that the Affordable Care Act is allegedly wildly unpopular, when millions of [supposed] Americans contacted the exchanges yesterday in every state looking to sign up.

The Washington Post wants to speak to anyone who's successfully signed up for ObamaCare:

"...But the federal marketplace is a bit of a black box right now. There's been heavy traffic, with over 4.7 million visitors since the exchanges opened for enrollment on Tuesday. The White House says some applicants have signed up, but didn't say how many. Rumors in the insurance industry hover in the single digits; several health plans say they are unaware of anyone signing up for their plan. BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina says it has enrolled one person.

"The successful shoppers remain elusive. We're told they do exist and are indeed real people. If you happen to be this very special health policy unicorn of sorts, you can e-mail me here. You would make a whole lot of health wonks quite excited..."
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Shutdown bad for obama. - Page 2 Empty Rand Paul

Post  fshnski Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:42 am

We, as elected representatives in the House and Senate, are hearing from our constituents that they do not want Obamacare as it currently stands.

A recent NBC-Wall Street Journal poll shows that only 12 percent of Americans think Obamacare will have a positive impact on their lives.

We are looking for compromise with Mr. Obama. We are looking for give-and-take solutions.

The president is intransigent. He will not give an inch, yet he expects the entire country to take the whole Obamacare mile. It is his way or the highway.

It was not a good idea to shut down the government. It’s also not a good idea to give Mr. Obama 100 percent of what he wants on Obamacare.

Why is the president so opposed to trying to make this law less bad? Why is he continually refusing to compromise?

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/paul-the-shutdown-means-shut-up/#ixzz2glhC8rWT
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Shutdown bad for obama. - Page 2 Empty A Canadian company?!

Post  fshnski Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

A Canadian tech firm that has provided service to that country's single-payer health care system is behind the glitch-ridden United States national health care exchange site healthcare.gov.

GCI Federal is a subsidiary of Montreal-based CGI Group. With offices in Fairfax, Va., the subsidiary has been a darling of the Obama administration, which since 2009 has bestowed it with $1.4 billion in federal contracts, according to USAspending.gov.

The "CGI" in the parent company's name stands for "Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique" in French, which roughly translates to "Information Systems and Management Consultants." However, the firm offers another translation: "Consultants to Government and Industry."

The company is deeply embedded in Canada’s single-payer system. GCI has provided IT services to the Canadian Ministries of Health in Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Quebec and Saskatchewan, as well as to the national health provider, Health Canada, according to GCI Group’s Canadian website.

As Canada’s No. 1 IT provider, the company states on its website that “95 federal departments, agencies, and crown corporations and most of Canada’s provinces partner with” the firm.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded GCI $55.7 million to launch Healthcare.gov, its central Obamacare health exchange website. Over the full five years of the contract, GCI could receive as much as $93.7 million.

Earlier this year the U.S. Government Accountability Office criticized the pace of development and testing for Healthcare.gov.'s IT system and noted that it was missing important milestone deadlines.

Consumers have encountered widespread problems since Obamacare's website went live on Tuesday. The system has crashed, pages do not open and many citizens complain they cannot register.

HHS is by far the single largest federal contractor of GCI, showering it with $645 million in contracts. The Defense Department pays the Canadian company $254 million, the EPA $58 million and the Justice Department $36 million.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/canadian-firm-hired-to-build-troubled-obamacare-insurance-exchanges/article/2536805
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Yes, why does Obama INSIST on having the gov. shut down just so he can have his precious health act which nobody likes?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:12 pm

WHL wrote:Yes, why does Obama INSIST on having the gov. shut down just so he can have his precious health act which nobody likes?
I heard today that over 90% of the people don't even understand what is going on. Obamacare is so hard to understand and administrate that the gov will have to shut down for many months, That means that businesses will really get hurt all over the country.

Why do the liberals want to ruin this country?
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Achigan wrote:"...Why do the liberals want to ruin this country...?"
Because we don't look like Detroit--yet?

Question Question 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Yeah, last night I heard interviews and they asked people how they liked Obamacare. They didn't like it. Then they asked how they liked the Affordable Care Act. They liked that. That shows you how uninformed people are.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shutdown bad for obama. - Page 2 Empty Shocking! CBS Hounds Pelosi Over Shutdown:

Post  fshnski Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

The tide is changing.

PELOSI:

Well, the fact is that there are, within the ranks of the Republican Party – and this is the bigger picture that the Republican Party has to deal with, and has an impact on our country – if you don't believe in a government role, then it's easy for you to say, in order to lift the debt ceiling, we want to eliminate all EPA rules for clean air, clean water, and the rest....You have to come to a conclusion. Sandy aid – fewer than 20 percent of the Republicans voted for Sandy aid. They have something going on there. I say Republicans, take back your party.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2013/10/04/shocking-cbs-hounds-pelosi-over-shutdown-youve-called-them-arsonists#ixzz2gmzRUNM4
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 pm

WHL wrote:Yeah, last night I heard interviews and they asked people how they liked Obamacare. They didn't like it. Then they asked how they liked the Affordable Care Act. They liked that. That shows you how uninformed people are.
That is just terrible. People are so confused with Obamacare that they will probably not even know what they got when they get it.

This is so sad.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Fsh, Pelosi doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does she. As you recall the Sandy aid was disliked by the Republicans because very little of that money was going to Sandy. The bulk of it was going to pet projects that were tacked onto the aid bill.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next