Post  News Hawk on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 pm

I would've called-in sick...

No 
News Hawk

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Democrats hurt more Americans.

Post  WHL on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:23 am

I said the very same thing, fsh, but you know everyone needs their jobs and so what choice do they have? (Unless you are one of the takers, then you don't need your job.)
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Massachusetts Honor Student Erin Cox Punished for Giving Drunken Friend a Ride Home

Post  fshnski on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:19 pm

A Massachusetts high school senior was demoted from her post as captain of her school's volleyball team and was suspended for five games after she said she gave a drunken friend a ride home from a party.

Erin Cox, who dreams of playing volleyball in college, is being punished for doing the right thing, her mother told ABC News.

"She did what she thought was right, and I'm proud of her for that," Eleanor Cox said.

Earlier this month, Erin Cox, a student at North Andover High School, had finished work and went to pick up an intoxicated friend who needed a ride home from a party.

Minutes after Cox showed up at the party to give her friend a lift home, police showed up, according to the Cox family's attorney, Wendy Murphy.

Murphy said Cox's school, which has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to underage drinking, punished Cox despite the fact that police confirmed she hadn't been drinking.

"By punishing Erin Cox, the North Andover School District sends a contrary and very dangerous message -- that young people are better off letting their friends drive drunk," Murphy said in a statement to ABC News.

Administrators at North Andover High School did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massachusetts-honor-student-erin-cox-punished-giving-drunken/story?id=20576121

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Epping preschool rejects candy corn mom packed into daughter's lunch

Post  fshnski on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:41 pm

EPPING -- Michelle Kelly recently decided to reward her 4-year-old daughter, Sarah, with a little bag of candy corn for getting ready for school on time.

Kelly packed the bag with Sarah's otherwise healthy snack and lunch and sent her off to Epping's public preschool.

Kelly didn't think too much of it when Sarah came home from school with the bag of candy uneaten.

She packed it again as a treat the next day, but when Sarah returned home with the candy corn a second time, Kelly asked her why she didn't eat it.

"She said, 'My teacher told me I couldn't have any candy,'" Kelly said.

When she asked about the candy issue while dropping Sarah off at school the next day, Kelly said another teacher told her that the school's policy is no candy at school.

Kelly said she never saw such a policy when the school year started, and neither did her fiancé, Epping School Board Chairman David Mylott.

"If I put food in her lunch, she should be able to eat it. If I want to give my daughter a treat because she did a good job, she should be allowed to have it," Kelly said.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS04/131019353

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm

fshnski wrote:EPPING -- Michelle Kelly recently decided to reward her 4-year-old daughter, Sarah, with a little bag of candy corn for getting ready for school on time.

Kelly packed the bag with Sarah's otherwise healthy snack and lunch and sent her off to Epping's public preschool.

Kelly didn't think too much of it when Sarah came home from school with the bag of candy uneaten.

She packed it again as a treat the next day, but when Sarah returned home with the candy corn a second time, Kelly asked her why she didn't eat it.

"She said, 'My teacher told me I couldn't have any candy,'" Kelly said.

When she asked about the candy issue while dropping Sarah off at school the next day, Kelly said another teacher told her that the school's policy is no candy at school.

Kelly said she never saw such a policy when the school year started, and neither did her fiancé, Epping School Board Chairman David Mylott.

"If I put food in her lunch, she should be able to eat it. If I want to give my daughter a treat because she did a good job, she should be allowed to have it," Kelly said.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS04/131019353
NOT when there are News Crows around!

No

Back to top Go down

Rochester considers ordinance regulating length of lawns

Post  fshnski on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:38 pm

ROCHESTER, N.H. —Rochester may become the first community in the state to regulate the length of grass on residents' lawns.

The City Council has asked officials to draft a plan to create an ordinance mandating that residents mow their lawns.

The issue started with some residents complaining about properties where the grass was unusually long. Unkempt lawns are considered unsightly to some, but in some cases, long grass is a safety concern when it makes it difficult for drivers to see around corners, officials said.

"At our last public hearing, we had a couple people speak against it, and I don't blame them," said City Councilor Peter Lachapelle. "I think they're reading between the lines, like we're going to go out and mow and start invoicing. No, that's not the intent of the city."

A lot of U.S. cities have grass height ordinances, but none are on the books in New Hampshire.

"We're looking to have pride in our city, and I want to say 90 percent of the people have pride in their homes and maintain it," Lachapelle said.

Officials said the city wants to attract more people to live there, increasing commercial and industrial growth.

"I think it's a good idea," said homeowner Chris Daigle. "I mean, there's no reason why people can't have a nice looking lawn, whether it's a home or a business."

Lachapelle said it's early in the process, and officials want to take the elderly and less-fortunate into consideration. They also need to determine how to enforce such an ordinance.

The goal is to have the grass-length ordinance written by the next code meeting in December.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/rochester-considers-ordinance-regulating-length-of-lawns/-/9857858/22493552/-/ow3992/-/index.html#ixzz2i1eC9voI

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Even more...:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/86357-read-federal-programs-note-telling-parents-need-doctors-note-make-kids-lunch/
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Nice. So now the schools tell the kids they can't eat candy.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 pm

WHL wrote:Nice. So now the schools tell the kids they can't eat candy.
"It Takes a Village"

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 pm

It takes two parents that understand the commitment they have to their child. It is natural to have two parents. Unless you are a spider.

Even coyotes have two parents.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top