Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned

+3
News Buzzard
News Hawk
fshnski
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty Re: NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned

Post  WHL Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 pm

They got Obamacare, NB without any Republican votes. Why couldn't they get other things? You will just always find an excuse for you man.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty Spain protests being spied upon by obama

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 pm

BERLIN - Europeans on Monday lashed out at the Obama administration for its NSA spying program and demanded more answers about an anti-terrorism tool they say is being turned on allies for no reason.

Spain became the latest U.S. ally to demand answers after a Spanish newspaper reported that the National Security Agency monitored more than 60 million phone calls in that country during one month alone.

Spain's foreign minister on Monday called the report "unacceptable." German Justice Minister Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger said she believed the Americans were using the information to gather economic intelligence apart from terrorism.

She said European nations should consider suspending a post-9/11 agreement known as the SWIFT pact that allows the United States access to bank transfer data to track the flow of terrorist money.

"It really isn't enough to be outraged," she told rbb-Inforadio. "This would be a signal that something can happen and make clear to the Americans that the (EU's) policy is changing."

But British Prime Minister David Cameron suggested Monday that the outrage should be over the publication of state secrets, which he said is informing terrorists of the ways that the West is trying to protect its citizens.

He sad his government was likely to act to stop newspapers publishing what he called damaging leaks.

"If they (newspapers) don't demonstrate some social responsibility it will be very difficult for government to stand back and not to act," Cameron told parliament, saying Britain's Guardian newspaper had "gone on" to print damaging material after initially agreeing to destroy other sensitive data.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/28/report-nsa-spain/3284609/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty Re: NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned

Post  News Buzzard Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Outerlimits wrote:As for the Democrats taking back the house next year…Not a freakin chance.
I wouldn't be too sure about that!

http://news.yahoo.com/business-gop-establishment-tea-party-over-163718915--politics.html

If the Republicans botch immigration reform, and they probably will, I think the Democrats have a good chance!

WHL wrote:They got Obamacare, NB without any Republican votes.  Why couldn't they get other things?  You will just always find an excuse for you man.
That's right, WHL, I always finds excuses for me man!!! Basketball
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty US coping with furious allies as NSA spying revelations grow

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

The United States is scrambling to soothe some of its closest allies, angered as one report after another details vast American spying — including gathering data on tens of millions of phone calls in Spain in a single month.

The latest report, published Monday in the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, said that the National Security Agency had collected information on 60 million calls in that country last December.

It followed reports in the last week that the United States spied on leaders of at least 35 countries, and even bugged the personal cellphone of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, said Monday that a White House review of intelligence-gathering would be complete by year’s end, and that it would address how to balance national security and privacy.

But he stressed:

“The work that’s being done here saves lives and protects the United States and protects our allies, and protects Americans stationed in very dangerous places around the world.”

“We don’t just do it because we can,” he said. He declined comment on stories about specific NSA spying activities.

German intelligence chiefs are preparing to visit Washington this week to demand answers, and the German Parliament on Monday called a special session for Nov. 18 to talk about NSA spying.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21209499-us-coping-with-furious-allies-as-nsa-spying-revelations-grow?lite
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:48 pm

I hope you don't mind that I got back on track.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Not at all.

I wonder if they will want to talk to George W. Bush since Obama knew nothing about it.

It seems the Germans are not taking Obama at his word and they apparently don't think he will hold anyone responsible for their actions.

I wonder why?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank You

Everybody knows that everybody is spying on everybody else.

The problem is how obama handled this problem internationally.

When NSA's over reach came to light all of the outed world leaders were forced to make excuses to the people that voted for them. All of a sudden they have to explain, somehow, that they knew nothing of this infringement on their sovereign and individual privacy.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Outerlimits wrote:It seems the Germans are not taking Obama at his word and they apparently don't think he will hold anyone responsible for their actions.

I wonder why?
Because Obama is campaigning, or out on the greens?

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm

It's hard to believe the Democrats thought obama was better than Hillary Clinton. If, what is happening to America is an example of the best the Democrats have to offer, then how much less do they expect us to accept with Hillary?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:58 pm

I think you have left a prominent repub out the equation of who might be at fault.

"The House Intelligence chief emphatically told CNN's Candy Crowley on Sunday that the NSA's foreign intelligence gathering operations keep allies "safe."

Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said on CNN's "State of the Union" that the vision being presented to the American public of a nation spying on its closest allies does not jibe with reality. According to Rogers, the U.S. counterterror operation abroad "keeps the French safe.""

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/27/rogers-to-european-allies-nsa-keeps-you-safe/
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty They're Marxists—Don't Call Them Democrats...!

Post  News Hawk Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm

fshnski wrote:"...It's hard to believe the Democrats thought Obama was better than Hillary Clinton..."
There's not a dime's worth of difference between the two:

Mad 

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Hg1
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 Empty Americans are Sharpening Their Talons...

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:11 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:As for the Democrats taking back the house next year…Not a freakin chance.

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 911-01-eagle-sharpening-talons
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm

NSA spied on millions in France; U.S. ambassador summoned - Page 2 BbpwmCuCYAAltDM

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Imagine that.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:27 am

As always, it's do what I say not what I do. The powers that be can do whatever they want. We, the peons are the ones that cannot do what we want.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:10 pm

WHL wrote:As always, it's do what I say not what I do.  The powers that be can do whatever they want.  We, the peons are the ones that cannot do what we want.  

And that's all we need to know.

Of course Obama knew this was going on.

This was going on under Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon...and so on.

In many ways, those men were just peons and Mundanes as well.

The people really running the show since the end of WWII, are the people that Eisenhower tried to warn us about.

Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2