Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Add a Photo with a PC...

4 posters

Go down

To Add a Photo with a PC... Empty To Add a Photo with a PC...

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:48 am

You can type [ img] and [ /img]in manually, but if the wrong size comes out, the size can be adjusted (in this forum) by putting a standard size (like 600 x 400) in these two boxes, then hit "insert".

To Add a Photo with a PC... Fullscreencapture112201373224PM_zps582d04ca

I don't know if it's different for a Mac.

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

To Add a Photo with a PC... Empty Re: To Add a Photo with a PC...

Post  WHL Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Interesting.  Maybe you would type in iphoto with a Mac?  Fsh you use a mac don't you?  Ever tried that?  Thanks for that, NH.  You know I honestly don't know the address for iphoto because I always hit the icon to bring it up.  And then when it is open, it is covered up.  Do you know the address, fsh? Maybe you would have to move it out of iphoto to somewhere else?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casy Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 pm

WHL wrote:Interesting.  Maybe you would type in iphoto with a Mac?  Fsh you use a mac don't you?  Ever tried that?  Thanks for that, NH.  You know I honestly don't know the address for iphoto because I always hit the icon to bring it up.  And then when it is open, it is covered up.  Do you know the address, fsh?  Maybe you would have to move it out of iphoto to somewhere else?
If you want to play around with BBCode and HTML code it is possible to do a lot with an image. Those are the codes that this forum uses and you can type them in at the image address to change size, color, font, underline, bold...you name and it can be done. I think it's a waste of time because who cares anyway.

Casy

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

True but I can't post a picture if I want to. At the bottom under attach file where you choose a file and then to the right it says "Max size per file". It says "0MB" I think that is why it always says what I have tried to post exceeds the size allowed. It doesn't take much to exceed 0. Casy, you're good at these things. Help me out!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:27 pm

So I can export it from iphoto to jpeg or take a screen shot and get it on my desktop (but I might have two pictures) to get to jpeg.  But how do I get it out of jpeg into this forum?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casy Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:03 pm

WHL wrote:So I can export it from iphoto to jpeg or take a screen shot and get it on my desktop (but I might have two pictures) to get to jpeg.  But how do I get it out of jpeg into this forum?
You can "Host an image" which a tab that is at the top of this reply box. The other thing you can do is host it on something like photobucket. Upload all you pictures to that site and then you can use the HTML code or address that they give you.

This free forum will not let you post using their site as storage. You can upgrade this forum by paying them for storage but I would just use a host website to do it.

Matzoh and News Hawk use Photobucket to store their images.

Good luck.

Casy

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 pm

That's what I was trying to do was use the Host and Image icon. I couldn't make it work. Oh well. It's not that important. I think I have wanted to use it once since the forum has been in existence so I guess I can live without it.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

News Hawk wrote:You can type  [ img ] and [ /img ] in manually.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 pm

WHL wrote:That's what I was trying to do was use the Host and Image icon.  I couldn't make it work.  Oh well. It's not that important. I think I have wanted to use it once since the forum has been in existence so I guess I can live without it.
You whined about posting images to the forum just the other day and I told you to uses Photobucket. Why don't you use Photobucket??
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

To Add a Photo with a PC... Empty "Invent" the Two Personal Items—They're NOT the Feds...

Post  News Hawk Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 am

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:Why don't you use Photobucket??
Indeed...

Email, Username, Password—with the two other "personal" fill-ins, you can be inventive:

https://secure.photobucket.com/register
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Casy Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:46 am

News Hawk wrote:
News Hawk wrote:You can type  [ img ] and [ /img ] in manually.
It will not work if you take a .jpg or any image file off your hard drive and then paste it here with [img] and [img] in it. You need to get a URL (uniform resource locator) for it and then you can do that.

Don't believe me, then try it.

Casy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down