Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dishonest presidency

+3
WHL
News Hawk
fshnski
7 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: A dishonest presidency

Post  Outerlimits Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 am

News Buzzard wrote:The sooner the right wing accepts the fact that Obamacare is not going anywhere, the better off we'll all be!
Even in the face of Bubba Clinton and almost every other major Democrat wanting changes to Obamacare, there are still a few that support it in its current state.

You can't buy that kind of loyalty.....well, yeah, you can, but it's expensive. Even an amoeba will respond to a stimulus. Some liberals, on the other hand, will not change their actions, despite any outside stimulus or information

The barn has burned down to the ground and some Obama Acolytes are just acknowledging there was a fire (with the exception of News Buzzard and Ed Shultz). Some Democrat senators are listening to their constituents. They've been educated that more than just junk policies got cancelled, more than just thieving insurance companies have sent cancellations, premiums for many are going up a lot, and deductibles and coinsurance in Obamacare policies are at burdensome levels for many. They are no longer trying to write off and ignore millions of Americans as "a very small percentage."

Heidi Heitkamp and Diane Feinstein in particular have quite eloquently stated things that many Obamacare opponents have been saying for years.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Let's see how long it will take NB to change his mind…..
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

I don't think it will happen WHL, he is still arranging the deck chairs.  If the decision ever came to pull the plug on me...I want that guy in my corner. Very Happy
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 pm

lol! 
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Outerlimits wrote:I don't think it will happen WHL, he is still arranging the deck chairs.  If the decision ever came to pull the plug on me...I want that guy in my corner. Very Happy
You'd be flat lining and he would be telling everybody everything was fine.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty I was not “informed directly that the Web site would not be working.” ???

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:24 am

What the heck does this mean?

When obama said he had not been “informed directly that the Web site would not be working.”

Does that mean he was on the phone when he was told?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Top White House officials refuse to testify on Obamacare

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:55 am

On Nov. 7, Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, along with subcommittee chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, sent the White House a letter requesting testimony from top Obama aides Nancy-Ann DeParle and Jeanne Lambrew. Both are leading figures shaping the White House position in Obamacare design and implementation. Issa wanted them to appear at a Nov. 20 hearing on the so-far disastrous rollout of the president's national health care scheme.

"As the principal health policy advisor during the passage and early implementation of Obamacare, your testimony is vital for helping Congress understand the administration's preparation for and early implementation of Obamacare," Issa told DeParle.

On Tuesday, Issa got his answer: No. Neither DeParle nor Lambrew responded to the chairman's letter, but White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler told Issa he had no business asking the White House about the president's signature achievement.

Ruemmler began by listing some of Issa's information requests to the Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Internal Revenue Service, and others. Some officials from those agencies have testified or given interviews to Issa's committee, Ruemmler noted. And some have provided documents -- although Issa said at a hearing today that, "To date, HHS has not produced a single responsive document to this committee."

Nevertheless, Ruemmler told Issa that should be enough. "In light of the extraordinary information that has been provided to the Congress to date and the administration's ongoing efforts to respond to legitimate requests for information, I would encourage you to continue to direct your inquiries to the agencies responsible for implementing the Affordable Care Act," Ruemmler wrote. "Requesting the testimony of senior White House officials on the broad and amorphous range of issues referenced in your letter is an extraordinary step that is not tied to any legitimate oversight interest of the committee."

Telling a Capitol Hill chairman what is and is not in the interest of his committee is not the best way to smooth relations between the branches of government. But there is a long and contentious history of congressional investigators seeking testimony from the president's advisors. Sometimes they succeed; sometimes they don't. In this case, thought, a lot of Americans -- not just the Republican chairman of the House investigating committee -- would like to know what the White House knew about the state of Obamacare as its Oct. 1 debut approached, and what, if anything, White House officials did to prevent the approaching train wreck.

So Issa might ultimately get his answers. But for now, the White House won't talk.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/top-white-house-officials-refuse-to-testify-on-obamacare/article/2539097
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am

It all amounts to the White House’s taking the 5th.

This is his signature achievement and didn't know because he wasn't told?  

What is as worse as lying about it or being clueless?

Of course the Obama and the Democrats lied and continue to lie. Remember when Pelosi said:

“We’ll go through the gate. If the gate’s closed, we’ll go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we’ll parachute in but we're going to get health care reform passed for the America people."
What do you think she was talking about?

Obama lied because he is an idealist. To an idealist the ends always justify the means. They feel entitled to lie because after all they know what's best.

The lies are not limited to keeping your doctor/insurance.  The other selling points of Obamacare have mysteriously vanished from the Democrat lexicon.  They only TALK about healthcare for the poor.  What happened to:

Insuring 30 million people.  Now it is 9-12 million.

Obamacare would not raise taxes.  It IS a tax.

Obamacare would not raise the debt.  Basic math, it has and will.

Obamacare will improve care.  For who?

The average family will save $2,500.00 a year.  LOL

What boggles the mind there are still people out there that still believe it is all true.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm

And as I posted in another thread, Pelosi is STILL saying the Pres. was accurate!!!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:54 pm

She's a despicable liar also.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Yes, which one do you think is worse? Pelosi or Obama? Or Reid? He has been strangely quiet hasn't he?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:05 pm

If I was still a Democrat I would think that Read's time has come and gone. Just like athletes, politicians can't compete forever.

I think Pelosi is a misguided loyal Democrat who has lost the ability to be subjective.

I think obama is a racist. I think he could be a muslim. I think he feels he is the leader of the World and thinks that America is just one of his subjects. I think he has absolutely no respect for American traditions or the values that made America the greatest country in the World.

I think obama is a inexperienced and unqualified egotist who is in over his head.

I believe the Democrats chose obama over Hillary not because of his qualifications … but because of his color.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

I think you are right. And I think it was very funny how Reid was losing his race the last time and at the last minute there was a sudden come from behind win. It was extremely suspicious.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:The government has never run anything more efficiently than the private sector.
And that's why we're paying more than twice the amount than any other country for our healthcare! Rolling Eyes 
This administration can always make that much more expensive!

Very Happy 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Four years ago, GOP showed exactly what was false about Obama's keep-your-coverage promise

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:29 pm

It is now painfully evident to millions of Americans that President Obama's promise that they could keep their current health coverage under Obamacare wasn't true. But what has received less attention in the current uproar is that back in 2009, when Obamacare was under debate and Obama was making the promise, some Republicans saw precisely what was wrong with it, and said so. And when those Republicans challenged the White House, the White House had nothing to say.

Go back to June 23, 2009. The House Education and Labor Committee, chaired by Democratic Rep. George Miller, held a hearing on a draft of Obamacare. Christina Romer, then chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, testified. Among the Republicans who questioned Romer was Rep. Tom Price, who is also a doctor. Price pressed Romer to cite a basis for the president's promise, and in the process predicted much of what would happen more than four years later, in late 2013. Obama's promise fell apart right there in the hearing room. Here is the Price-Romer exchange:

REP. PRICE: You also mentioned, as other folks have, that the president's goal -- and it's reiterated over and over and over -- that if you like your current plan or if you like your current doctor, you can keep them. Do you know where that is in the bill?

MS. ROMER: Absolutely. And things like the employer mandate is part of making sure that large employers that today -- the vast majority of them do provide health insurance. One of the things that's --

REP. PRICE: I'm asking about if an individual likes their current plan and maybe they don't get it through their employer and maybe in fact their plan doesn't comply with every parameter of the current draft bill, how are they going to be able to keep that?

MS. ROMER: So the president is fundamentally talking about maintaining what's good about the system that we have. And --

REP. PRICE: That's not my question.

MS. ROMER: One of the things that he has been saying is, for example, you may like your plan and one of the things we may do is slow the growth rate of the cost of your plan, right? So that's something that is not only --

REP. PRICE: The question is whether or not patients are going to be able to keep their plan if they like it. What if, for example, there's an employer out there -- and you've said that if the employers that already provide health insurance, health coverage for their employees, that they'll be just fine, right? What if the policy that those employees and that employer like and provide for their employees doesn't comply with the specifics of the bill? Will they be able to keep that one?

MS. ROMER: So certainly my understanding -- and I won't pretend to be an expert in the bill -- but certainly I think what's being planned is, for example, for plans in the exchange to have a minimum level of benefits.

REP. PRICE: So if I were to tell you that in the bill it says that if a plan doesn't comply with the specifics that are outlined in the bill that that employer's going to have to move to the -- to a different plan within five years -- would you -- would that be unusual, or would that seem outrageous to you?

MS. ROMER: I think the crucial thing is, what kind of changes are we talking about? The president was saying he wanted the American people to know that fundamentally if you like what you have it will still be there.

REP. PRICE: What if you like what you have, Dr. Romer, though, and it doesn't fit with the definition in the bill? My reading of the bill is that you can't keep that.

MS. ROMER: I think the crucial thing -- the bill is talking about setting a minimum standard of what can count --

REP. PRICE: So it's possible that you may like what you have, but you may not be able to keep it? Right?

MS. ROMER: We'd have -- I'd have to look at the specifics.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/four-years-ago-gop-showed-exactly-what-was-false-about-obamas-keep-your-coverage-promise/article/2539266
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty more BS

Post  fshnski Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Sen. Kirsten E. Gillibrand wasn’t surprised when Americans began to get letters saying their health insurance policies had been canceled.

Mrs. Gillibrand, New York Democrat, said Sunday that President Obama simply should have been “more specific” when he declared that those people who liked their insurance could keep it, a pledge that clearly has been broken amid growing reports of Americans being booted from their plans because the insurance policies don’t comply with the standards in Obamacare.

“We all knew,” Mrs. Gillibrand said on ABC’s “This Week,” referencing the fact that she and many others were fully aware that Obamacare would result in cancellations.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/17/sen-kirsten-gillibrand-we-all-knew-obamas-health-c/#ixzz2kvbdTSMl
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Or did he????

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:29 pm

WASHINGTON –

president obama got a little mixed up Monday night and claimed 100 million Americans have already signed up for ObamaCare – overshooting the mark by about 99.9 million.

“In the first month alone we’ve seen more than 100 million Americans successfully enroll in the new insurance plans,” Obama told supporters on a conference call.

The president clearly misspoke or suffered a slip of wishful thinking.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/19/confused-obama-100m-have-successfully-enrolled-in-obamacare/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty obama's Christmas wish ...

Post  fshnski Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 pm

“As we go into this holiday season, we have to remember in the conversations that we’ve got around the dinner table, when we’re talking to co-workers at Christmas parties, when we are out there in our communities, our churches, our synagogues, all our places of worship – now is the time to remind people that we’ve go to make sure that everybody takes advantage of the opportunity to get affordable care for the first time,”
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 1426735_10152339390108942_772468529_n
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm

A cartoon that is not funny.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm

It would be nice to have AFFORDABLE wouldn't it??? Obamacare is not affordable unless others pay for it for you.

A few lies in that cartoon, NH?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:23 pm

This drives me crazy! They are still lying!

I just heard Juan Williams say "For most people this is going to only cost as much as their cell phone plan".

Blaming the insurance companies once again for obamacare because the insurance companies called cancelation notices … cancelation notices. ???

Now the administration is looking for another 6 or 8 weeks to fix the web site.

This is after Williams, and others, had a private meeting with obama last night.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah, what a mouthpiece for Obama Juan Williams is. Which is of course why he was invited.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Media to Obama: Where’s the openness you promised?

Post  fshnski Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:36 am

About 40 different news groups have joined forces to demand the White House answer this one question: Where’s all the open government that President Obama promised?

In a letter sent last week, followed by a meeting among White House officials and members of the press, the media groups complained about restrictions that have been placed on photographers whose primary job descriptions are to take pictures of the president, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Only thing is: The White House won’t grant them access, preferring instead to send out photos that have been snapped by their own, in-house photographer.

The practice is tantamount to propaganda, the news organizations complained.

Or, in the words of their letter: The restrictions on accessing the president create “a troubling precedent with a direct and adverse impact on the public’s ability to independently monitor and see what its government is doing.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/27/media-obama-wheres-openness-you-promised/#ixzz2lrQHkiKo
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

A dishonest presidency - Page 2 Empty Listen to this!

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 am

ABC’s Barbara Walters did another in a series of sycophantic gushing and fawning interviews with the Obamas Friday.

In the wake of the President’s fallacious claim that people could keep their health insurance plans if they liked them, the most preposterous part of the interview was when Michelle Obama said her husband “keeps his promises” without any pushback from Walters (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11/30/michelle-obama-barack-he-keeps-his-promises#ixzz2m8zQCAo9
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next