Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you 50 years ago today?

Go down

Where were you 50 years ago today? Empty Where were you 50 years ago today?

Post  fshnski Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 pm

I was in middle school when our teacher was called from the room. After a few minutes she came back in tears and told our class that something terrible had happened. She told us President Kennedy had been shot. I remember a few of my female classmates began to cry. Maybe our teacher knew that Mr. Kennedy had died but she was wise enough not to tell us. A short while later an announcement came over the loudspeaker telling us that we were being dismissed early. I rode my bike home and started my job delivering the Danbury News. I was about half way done with my paper route when one of my customers, an older lady, let me know that our President had passed on. I was pretty young then but the gravity of the event became more clear to me in the following days. My mom was glued to the TV, black and white and scratchy, for days. I have never forgotten or ignored President Kennedy's request of me when he asked; "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." I have always tried to honor that. The Democrats of today should be reminded of JFK's message.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down