Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers."

4 posters

Go down

"She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers." Empty "She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers."

Post  fshnski Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 am

Republican congressional hopeful state Rep. Marilinda Garcia, R-Salem, received national conservative media attention Monday after a Democratic state lawmaker last week disparagingly compared her to reality television star Kim Kardashian.

Manchester Democratic Rep. Peter Sullivan's Twitter posts critical of the latest GOP 2nd District U.S. House candidate resulted in an opinion piece Monday titled "The War on Conservative Minorities" by columnist John Fund on National Review Online.

Shortly after Garcia announced her candidacy on Nov. 25, Sullivan posted on Twitter, referencing conservative state Reps. Al Baldasaro of Londonderry and William O'Brien of Mont Vernon, the former New Hampshire House speaker:

"She's Al Baldassaro (sic) in stiletto heels, a lightweight and O'Brien clone."

"Bill O'Brien + Kim Kardashian = Marilinda Garcia"

"She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers."

He later wrote, "After careful consideration, I want to apologize to Kim Kardashian for comparing her to a right-wing extremist like Marilinda Garcia."

The posts began a partisan war of words for a brief time on Twitter, and Garcia said in a statement, "To me, the most unfortunate byproducts of such personal attacks, negativity and vitriol are that they discourage good people from getting involved in politics, cause citizens to be disgusted at the political process, and tarnish the reputations of all elected officials just by virtue of association."

Fund's opinion piece Monday brought national attention to Garcia, a 30-year-old four-term state representative.

Garcia is a Boston native of Italian/Hispanic descent who has lived in Salem since childhood.

Fund wrote that what he called Sullivan's "sexist smear" of Garcia received "virtually no" media attention in New Hampshire, "much less nationally." He compared it to the large amount of coverage some media outlets gave to Republican U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio taking a sip of water while delivering the GOP response to President Obama's State of the Union address last January.

"Progressives often reserve their deepest hostility for conservative minorities such as Garcia because they are a threat to the notion that minorities should only think and vote only like leftists," Fund wrote.

"As former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice, Justice Clarence Thomas, and former representative J. C. Watts can attest, people on the left reserve their harshest and most personal attacks for minorities who have the audacity to wander off the ideological plantation."

Sullivan, responding to the Fund piece, wrote on his Facebook page:

"I was just attacked by the National Review. My life is truly complete."

He wrote that Fund "is smitten with Miss Marilinda, and is butthurt that the mainstream media hasn't sufficiently hounded me."

Earlier Monday, Sullivan stood by his previous posts, writing on his Facebook page:

"Yeah, I said it, and I stand by it. The comparison is accurate. Garcia is a creepy pseudo-Christian right-wing extremist who gets a free pass because she doesn't look the part."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131203/NEWS06/131209845
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

"She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers." Empty Re: "She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers."

Post  News Hawk Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Alinsky at work...

Evil or Very Mad 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

"She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers." Empty Re: "She is a right-wing, homophobic, anti-worker shill for the Koch Brothers."

Post  fshnski Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:29 pm

That guy deserves a punch in the nose from the girl's father!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Do something constructive with your time.

Volunteers Needed:
•Lakes Region Humane Society
Check out ways you can help the Humane Society

Lakes Region Humane Society
11 Old route 28, Ossipee, New Hampshire 03864
Website

•L.I.F.E. Ministries Food Pantry
All Saints Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Wolfeboro, distribution to clients on Wednesdays, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5 to 7 p.m.

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:24 am

fshnski wrote:"...Garcia said in a statement, "To me, the most unfortunate byproducts of such personal attacks, negativity and vitriol are that they discourage good people from getting involved in politics, cause citizens to be disgusted at the political process, and tarnish the reputations of all elected officials just by virtue of association."
Unfortunately, this is where RINOs come from.

I think she should take this guy to court—make him prove these claims.

Cool 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 am

If they find him guilty they should force him to work at the humane society.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:47 pm

fshnski wrote:If they find him guilty they should force him to work at the humane society.
lol! lol! lol! 
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down