Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it

3 posters

Go down

Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it Empty Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it

Post  fshnski Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Sharon Wilson, an office manager in Iowa, figured she would lock in a good deal on health care coverage for her five-person biofuels company by renewing its policy before Obamacare kicked in for 2014. But she balked when her agent came back with a 81 percent rate hike, anyway.

Her company, Prairie City-based Midwest Renewable Biofuels, had experienced rate hikes during her career, Ms. Wilson said, but not like this. Plus, the previous jumps were accompanied by explanations for why premiums were rising.

This time, she was left guessing about her insurer and the role of President Obama’s signature health care law.
“I really think there was fear on their part of the unknown,” she said.

While most of the early Obamacare rollout problems have focused on the uninsured and those who get their policies through the individual market exchanges, more than 150 million Americans who get coverage through their employers are likely to feel the fallout as well.

“The more fundamental question is, ‘What does this do to the commercial market?’” said Dan Mendelson, CEO of Avalere Health, a Washington-based consultancy.

Already reeling from criticism over his flawed promise that people who like their health care plans will be able to keep them, Mr. Obama risks further erosion of his credibility if people believe his health care law is cutting into job-based plans they figured were safe.

The Department of Health and Human Services insists that the Affordable Care Act as it rolls out is cutting costs and will help businesses in the long run, but an Associated Press-GfK poll said that nearly half of Americans with job-based coverage or other forms of insurance report that their policies are changing in the coming year — mostly for the worse — and that four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/16/another-worry-about-new-health-law-ap-gfk-poll/#ixzz2nlTgnXLZ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it Empty Re: Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it

Post  News Hawk Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:14 am

"If you like your President..."

pirat 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it Empty Re: Four out of five of them will blame Obamacare for it

Post  WHL Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 am

I dread next fall when I have to get involved in this with my company. Who knows what will happen. I am just hoping by then that Obamacare will be dead.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down