Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  fshnski on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:49 pm

NASHUA — While former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown headlined a private Republican holiday party downtown on Thursday, two separate groups of protesters rallied outside for different causes.

About 250 members of the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition gathered peacefully across from the Hunt Memorial Building where the Republicans gathered, demonstrating against Brown, who they referred to as a "gun-banning Massachusetts carpet-bagger."

Meanwhile, a group of Nashua Democrats also gathered in opposition of Brown, who has not yet said whether he will make a run for Senate in the Granite State and challenge Democrat incumbent Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.

The New Hampshire Republican State Committee hosted the fundraising holiday party, selling tickets for $50 to $2,500.

Jennifer Horn, state GOP chairman, said this week that the event was closed to the press, and that media would not be permitted inside to hear Brown's speech. To her word, a small group of reporters was asked to leave the building at the start of the fundraiser.

"Senator Brown is one of five or six prominent Republicans to come to the state this year to help raise resources, and we are grateful for that," said Horn. "I appreciate that he is coming up here to help the party."

Horn went on to say that Republicans have a longstanding tradition of listening to what candidates and potential candidates have to say about various issues.

Speculation about whether Brown will challenge incumbent Shaheen has been on the rise this week as Brown confirmed he is moving to New Hampshire. He sold his house in Wrentham, Mass., and is relocating to Rye where he owns a vacation home.


http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131220/NEWS06/131229974

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  WHL on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:54 pm

I don't like the idea of someone moving to a state to get elected like Hillary moved to NY. I also don't like him as he is way too moderate.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6031
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  fshnski on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:56 pm

I agree.

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  News Hawk on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 am

fshnski wrote:NASHUA — While former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown headlined a private Republican holiday party downtown on Thursday, two separate groups of protesters rallied outside for different causes.

About 250 members of the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition gathered peacefully across from the Hunt Memorial Building where the Republicans gathered, demonstrating against Brown, who they referred to as a "gun-banning Massachusetts carpet-bagger."

Meanwhile, a group of Nashua Democrats also gathered in opposition of Brown, who has not yet said whether he will make a run for Senate in the Granite State and challenge Democrat incumbent Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.

The New Hampshire Republican State Committee hosted the fundraising holiday party, selling tickets for $50 to $2,500.

Jennifer Horn, state GOP chairman, said this week that the event was closed to the press, and that media would not be permitted inside to hear Brown's speech. To her word, a small group of reporters was asked to leave the building at the start of the fundraiser.

"Senator Brown is one of five or six prominent Republicans to come to the state this year to help raise resources, and we are grateful for that," said Horn. "I appreciate that he is coming up here to help the party."

Horn went on to say that Republicans have a longstanding tradition of listening to what candidates and potential candidates have to say about various issues.

Speculation about whether Brown will challenge incumbent Shaheen has been on the rise this week as Brown confirmed he is moving to New Hampshire. He sold his house in Wrentham, Mass., and is relocating to Rye where he owns a vacation home.


http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131220/NEWS06/131229974

Over at FATP, many members describe wanting to retire to their NH vacation home. Since Americans still have the liberty to move anywhere they wish—excepting Medicare patients—I don't have a problem with this "move". (Plus, he hasn't been elected yet!)

How could he ever be elected in MA, without being a "Gun-Banner"? I'd expect he'd drop that plank from his NH platform.

 Cool 
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7948
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  fshnski on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:24 am

Do you think owning a vacation home on Cape Cod would qualify me to represent the people of Mass? Do I automatically know what the people of Boston need in representation?

_________________
"If you like your health care plan … you can keep your health care plan! … Period!"

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
avatar
fshnski

Posts : 4223
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Woofbura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  WHL on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 am

I have to agree with fsh on this one , NH. I have no problem with him or Hillary or any of the politicians moving anywhere as long as they do it because they want to live there and not just because they want to run for office there. That is the difference.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6031
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  News Hawk on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 am

fshnski wrote:Do you think owning a vacation home on Cape Cod would qualify me to represent the people of Mass?
You could try.

 Wink 

fshnski wrote:Do I automatically know what the people of Boston need in representation?

'Dunno—but I do!

 Cool 
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7948
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  News Hawk on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:14 am

Republican Scott Brown leads incumbent Democratic senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire by five points in a recent poll obtained by THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

The poll, commissioned by the Republican Governor's Association, was conducted on March 19 and 20 and asked 600 likely voters in New Hampshire who they would vote for in the U.S. Senate election. Respondents were given both Brown and Shaheen's names and their respective parties.

Arrow


.


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7948
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum