Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:34 am

That's right, Achigan. There is a good article today in the NY Times about a group, The Main Street Partnership, founded by former Congressman Steve LaTourette. It is a mainstream group of Republicans who are tired of the Tea Party. You'll never read on this forum about a civil war within the Republican Party, and you'll never read about the fact that the economy grew at a 4.1% rate in the 3rd quarter last year. You would never know from this forum that the Stock Market grew over 20% last year and is in record territory.

There is no room for optimism on this forum!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Never-ending nightmare: 6 in 10 have horrible health care exchange experience

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 am

fshnski wrote:They are destroying America as we know it. Progressive are deliberately lowering the bar in an attempt to equalize us with the rest of the world. They are trying to take away any sense of national pride, of national patriotism and of unity. This is by design.

Love that last sentence!!!
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:46 am

THe libs like to pretend the Tea Party is far out. They really represent what America was like not so long ago, what made it the great country it is.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:01 am

News Buzzard wrote:That's right, Achigan. There is a good article today in the NY Times about a group, The Main Street Partnership, founded by former Congressman Steve LaTourette. It is a mainstream group of Republicans who are tired of the Tea Party. You'll never read on this forum about a civil war within the Republican Party, and you'll never read about the fact that the economy grew at a 4.1% rate in the 3rd quarter last year. You would never know from this forum that the Stock Market grew over 20% last year and is in record territory.

There is no room for optimism on this forum!

Thanks again NB, I'll read that story. The republican party will be insignificant to America within the next two or three years. This forum hasn't helped the GOP cause at all.
Achigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Does this describe you?

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

From one of the commenters.

"There are no centrist Republicans. They are a party of the far right, the even farther right and the extreme far right, a party wallowing in ignorance, denying science, hostile to knowledge and opposed to progress of any kind. There is nothing center about them anymore and they are going to divide and realign as their predecessors the Whigs did in the 1850s."

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:20 am

Achigan wrote:Thanks again NB, I'll read that story.  The republican party will be insignificant to America within the next two or three years.  This forum hasn't helped the GOP cause at all.

Thank you, Achigan, for eloquently pointing out all of President Obama's success in keeping our country moving forward in the face of extreme intransigence by the fringe wing of the Republican Party. That's what this forum represents, the extreme fringe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From your own article.

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:25 am

Mr. LaTourette’s activities since his departure from Congress have involved at least four distinct legal entities that he now runs or helps run: the Main Street Partnership, the nonprofit group of which he is the president and chief executive, which raises money from corporations and lobbyists; the Main Street Advocacy fund and Defending Main Street SuperPAC, which together are seeking to amass $8 million to bolster Republican candidates facing Tea Party challengers in the 2014 races; and McDonald Hopkins Government Strategies, the lobbying office he set up, which pushes the agenda of clients as diverse as CSX, the freight railroad giant, and Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions, a group that promotes renewable energy.

This guy is just a shill from the left trying to divide the Republican Party.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:35 am

How about Paul Ryan? He's the guy who negotiated a budget with Democrat, Patty Murray. Is he a shill?

How about John Boehner? He's the guy who harshly criticized the Tea Party at the end of last year. Is he a shill?

How about all of the Republicans who passed the budget that Paul Ryan and Patty Murray put together? Are they all shills?

You see only what you want to see, but the country will move on without you!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:36 am

Do you know what a shill is?

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:39 am

Plant or stooge. I consider most Republicans shills of the Koch brothers, and nothing more!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ObamaCare forces poor cancer patients into crippling debt

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 am

WASHINGTON — For working people making modest wages and struggling with high medical bills from chronic disease, President Barack Obama’s health care plan sounds like long-awaited relief. But the promise could go unfulfilled.

It’s true that patients with cancer and difficult conditions such as multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease will be able to get insurance and financial help with monthly premiums.
But their annual out-of-pocket costs could still be so high they’ll have trouble staying out of debt.

You couldn’t call them uninsured any longer. You might say they’re “underinsured.”

These gaps “need to be addressed in order to fulfill the intention of the Affordable Care Act,” said Brian Rosen, a senior vice president of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

“There are certainly challenges for cancer patients.”

“Cost may still be an issue for those in need of the most care,” said Steven Weiss, spokesman for the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network. That “makes it critically important for patients looking at premiums to also consider out-of-pocket costs when choosing a plan.”

Out-of-pocket costs include a health plan’s annual deductible, which is the amount before insurance starts paying, as well as any copayments and cost-sharing.

A few numbers tell the story. Take someone under 65 with no access to health insurance on the job and making $24,000 a year — about what many service jobs pay.

Under the health care law, that person’s premiums would be capped below 7 percent of his income, about $130 a month. A stretch on a tight budget, yet doable.

But if he gets really sick or has an accident, his out-of-pocket expenses could go as high as $5,200 a year in a worst-case scenario. That’s even with additional financial subsidies that the law provides people with modest incomes and high out-of-pocket costs.

The $5,200 would be more than 20 percent of the person’s income, well above a common threshold for being underinsured.

“Chronically ill people are likely to be underinsured and face extremely high out-of-pocket costs,” said Caroline Pearson, who tracks the health care overhaul for Avalere Health, a market research and consulting firm. “While the subsidies help, there still may be access problems for some populations.”

http://nypost.com/2014/01/04/obamacare-forces-poor-cancer-patients-into-crippling-debt/

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:54 am

News Buzzard wrote:The Republicans will also have a problem trying to take health insurance away from people, including young children, with pre-existing conditions.

"We are sorry about your life threatening cancer, but we don't like Obama and we're going to take your health insurance away from you!! Sorry if you lose your house, but we're all millionaires so we don't really give a crap!! We're not kidding either because we've already voted to take your health insurance away 50 times!!"  Evil or Very Mad 

The problem exists NOW!

"...For working people making modest wages and struggling with high medical bills from chronic disease, President Barack Obama’s health care plan sounds like long-awaited relief. But the promise could go unfulfilled. It’s true that patients with cancer and difficult conditions such as multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease will be able to get insurance and financial help with monthly premiums. But their annual out-of-pocket costs could still be so high they’ll have trouble staying out of debt. You couldn’t call them uninsured any longer. You might say they’re “underinsured...”
—AP

News Hawk

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 pm

That's OK. These folks will have the satisfaction of knowing obamacare is helping the non-contributing dregs of our society.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Achigan wrote:"...The GOP and Tea Party are in real deep trouble over this immigration thing..."

E Pluribus—Pluribus?

Crying or Very sad
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:33 pm

The number of folks who lose their health insurance because of Obamacare is going to wind up being less than 10 thousand, not 5 million.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-only-10-000-lose-004820228.html

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From leftist.com … oops … from yahoo.com

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:48 pm

After much consideration, I have decided to become a leftist. Here's why:

As a leftist, I have a right to a living wage. I was born with this right and under the system of social justice Obama and friends are implementing, rich fat cats are under an obligation to pay for my rights.

As a leftist, I also have a right to free health care, a roof over my head, and food on my table. And as long as I keep voting for Democrats, this right will be protected and, hopefully expanded.

As a solid member of the left, I have the right to abort my baby, and even have other people pay for it. I also have the right to free (taxpayer funded) birth control and my boyfriend has the right to obtain sexual enhancement aids for free. Not that he needs them, but, hey, they're free.

As a leftist, I have the right to indulge in sluttish behavior with whomever I want. Not only that, I can describe myself as 'empowered' instead of merely being a tramp.

Being a good leftist, I have the right not to be insulted. My behavior is sanctioned by my fellow leftists and it has been decided that anyone who insults me is, by nature, a bigot, and therefore of no consequence.

I also have the right to redefine words. And the right to ridicule anyone who objects. Especially if they're white Christian males.

Best of all, I am under no obligation to back up my feelings with facts. We on the left understand very well that any and all criticism coming from the right is motivated by hate and therefore invalid.

As a leftist, I don't have to worry about the consequences of my actions. It is understood that as long as my intentions are pure, the end results don't matter. I want it known that I fully intend to donate my lottery winnings to those poor Haitians, just as soon as I win them. Please pat me on the back. (Wait for the cameras, you idiot!)

Being a leftist entitles me to marry someone of the same-sex. And my children will have the right to choose their own gender. And schools, businesses and agencies that don't accommodate our choices could well be liable for prosecution under the hate crimes bill. How cool is that?

I am also free to choose my own God, or no God. This is a no brainer, as everyone knows that Mother Earth is the source of all spirituality. So as long as I don't litter and I recycle faithfully, I can legitimately claim piety. And as long as I publicly confess my trangressions, there is no need to atone. Whew.

I am now morally justified in walking away from my home mortgage. Those greedy lenders will be left holding the bag. Maybe that will teach them there's more to life than the bottom line.

And the car I got under 'cash for clunkers' won't be paid for either. Its not my fault I couldn't pay for it. But as soon as I get my discrimination lawsuit settlement from my former boss, I'll be able to get it back. Or maybe a new one.

As a leftist, I need focus only on my rights, and their infringement thereof. The government has decided to shoulder my former responsibilities. And about time!

Life as a leftist is good. Having my needs and problems taken care of by the government leaves me free to indulge my inner child. I no longer need to be ashamed of my failures, as I now know that the deck has been stacked against me all my life and those failures were not my fault!

I am now liberated and empowered. As an added bonus, I am a member of four different victim groups, which allows me to maintain the high moral ground. This is called social justice.

I never knew life could be so good. All rights and no responsibilities! This could only happen in America. And as soon as the U.S. atones for past sins to my satisfaction, I'll be happy to admit that America is not a bad place to live.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Love it! WE all need to become leftists!!! Let's be lazy for a change.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:22 pm

i like the no thinking part.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Democracy" in the USA...

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Suppose the majority of the Titanic's passengers said, “Hey, look, there’s an iceberg. Let’s hit it!”

Back to top Go down

Thousands of visitors to yahoo.com hit with malware attack

Post  fshnski on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 am

News Buzzard wrote:The number of folks who lose their health insurance because of Obamacare is going to wind up being less than 10 thousand, not 5 million.

Two Internet security firms have reported that Yahoo's advertising servers have been distributing malware to hundreds of thousands of users over the last few days. The attack appears to be the work of malicious parties who have hijacked Yahoo's advertising network for their own ends.

Fox IT, a security firm based in the Netherlands, wrote a blog post on Friday describing the problem. "Clients visiting yahoo.com received advertisements served by ads.yahoo.com. Some of the advertisements are malicious," the firm reported. Instead of serving ordinary ads, the Yahoo's servers reportedly sends users an "exploit kit" that "exploits vulnerabilities in Java and installs a host of different malware."

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:32 am

News Buzzard wrote:The number of folks who lose their health insurance because of Obamacare is going to wind up being less than 10 thousand, not 5 million.

Does this FACT come from the same source that said the average family would save $2,500.00 annually on insurance premiums?

Seriously, is anyone with a fully functioning brain believing anything the left is spewing?
Outerlimits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:38 am

That's what happens when you only get your facts from progressive propaganda machines.

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 am

Yeah, like Sun Yun Moon is not a propaganda machine!!!   Razz 

It must really be frustrating to know you're stuck with Obamacare for the rest of your lives!!!

It's frustrating to me because it wasn't a single payer system. We gave too much leverage to the insurance companies, and we all know how that works. Just ask everyone who got screwed by an insurance company after Superstorm Sandy!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 am

Yes, the government's next step should be to take over OTHER insurance, home, vehicle, etc. Then we can all be comfortable that we will be safe forever. The government will take care of us. And those who cannot afford to pay their homeowner's insurance need not worry, the rest of us who pay for it for them. Mad 
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:07 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...Yeah, like Sun Yun Moon is not a propaganda machine...!!!"   Razz 

Sun Yun Moon is dead—on the other hand, The New York Times is being considered for purchase by a businessman from China.

China would love to put the NYT's usual "Happy-Face" on ALL the news.

Cool 

News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top