Christie fires staff member for lying.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christie fires staff member for lying.

Post  fshnski on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 am

The developments come after newly published emails show the governor's deputy chief of staff, Bridget Anne Kelly, was involved in a bizarre incident last September, when lanes at the George Washington Bridge from Fort Lee, N.J., were closed for four days. Christie faced accusations at the time that the lanes were blocked in retaliation over Mayor Mark Sokolich's refusal to endorse him for re-election last November.

Christie maintained Wednesday that he was "misled" and had no knowledge of his staff's apparent involvement.

But Christie confidant and ex-Port Authority official David Wildstein, who was deeply involved in the closures, was set to testify Thursday at a state legislative hearing. His version of events could provide new details about what happened -- though he is trying to quash the subpoena, and it's unclear whether he will ultimately testify.

Christie, for his part, is denying involvement.

"What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable," Christie said. "I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/09/christie-faces-political-traffic-jam-as-confidant-set-to-testify-on-lane/

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top