Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Hawk on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Anti Federalist wrote:"...Mayor Bill de Blasio is under fire in New York for the city's disastrous response to the recent snow storm, which prompted questions about why he was in front of the television cameras in D.C. instead of working to fix the roads back home.

Mayor Bill de Blasio admitted Wednesday "more could have been done."
Typical Clintonoid response..."Mistakes were made"...

Now THIS:

You’re not even welcome at my funeral.

That’s the message the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association is asking rank-and-file cops to send to Mayor Bill de Blasio...who the union has insisted are rolling out anti-cop policies and have not supported the police force. “DON’T LET THEM INSULT YOUR SACRIFICE!,” a bold red message on the union’s webpage reads.

“Download and sign a request that Mayor Bill de Blasio...stay away from your funeral in the event that you are killed in the line of duty..."

Unpopularity for Mayor Bill de Blasio is increasing daily.

pirat


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  WHL on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 am

The people of NYC are so liberal they voted him in. I hope they get what they wanted.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:48 am

News Hawk wrote:Have we ever been as "divided" since the Civil War?

Are you kidding me? Take a look at the history of riots throughout our country, including the riots in Harlem in 1964:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_riot_of_1964

How about the Boston busing desegregation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_busing_desegregation

The major reason we're divided today is because one of our major parties has been hijacked by the Tea Party, and they're not interested in doing anything rational. Also, there have been nit-wits throughout this country who have insisted that our president was born in Kenya despite overwhelming evidence he was born in Hawaii. No racism there!!! Rolling Eyes

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  WHL on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:20 am

The reason we are divided is because of our current President.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:48 pm

WHL wrote:The reason we are divided is because of our current President.

That's baloney. The Republicans declared on day one that they were going to fight Obama at every turn, and that was very sad for a country in the middle of 2 wars and a recession. I never thought that racism was still running that deep.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  WHL on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:03 pm

For some reason with Obama it does run that deep. He is like Al Sharpton, an instigator.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  obervantone on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:44 pm

WHL
The reason we are divided is because of our current President.

I disagree.

My opinion is that there are several factors at play...the 24/7 cable news cycle and talk radio among them, but more importantly IMHO is that the two parties no longer talk to each other in a rational manner.

Back in the Reagan administration, Reagan and House Speaker Tip O'Neill could not have been further apart politically, but they were able to get things accomplished. IMHO it is because at the end of the day...after the speeches were over....they were friends. They used to talk to each other and more importantly listen to each other.

That is how you get things accomplished.

Today in Congress it is rare to see members of either party talking and socializing with the other. They are not friends and do not speak....there in lies the problem and unfortunately the American political public is following along with that frame of mind. The right doesn't engage in reasonable dialogue with the left ad the left does not engage in reasonable dialogue with the right.

Below is a link to an article from a few years ago written by David Gergen that takes it further.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/28/opinion/gergen-broken-government/index.html

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:50 pm

WHL wrote:For some reason with Obama it does run that deep.  He is like Al Sharpton, an instigator.

That's like comparing apples with oranges. Obama has done well to govern without racism, and Sharpton is a complete bum. I have no idea why African Americans choose Sharpton to be one of their leaders, and comparing him to Obama is an insult to the President.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Hawk on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:18 pm

WHL wrote:For some reason with Obama it does run that deep.  He is like Al Sharpton, an instigator.

Agreed. And to run his "Program", he searched all-over for an Attorney General, and found Eric Holder.



Holder managed Clintons* many lucrative term-end pardons:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printindividualProfile.asp?indid=2357


No


.


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  obervantone on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm

And my point is proven.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yeah?

Post  News Hawk on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:For some reason with Obama it does run that deep.  He is like Al Sharpton, an instigator.

That's like comparing apples with oranges. Obama has done well to govern without racism, and Sharpton is a complete bum. I have no idea why African Americans choose Sharpton to be one of their leaders, and comparing him to Obama is an insult to the President.

Barack Obama:

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon".

Al Sharpton, leading protestors:

"What do we want? Dead Cops!"


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  obervantone on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm

News Hawk
Al Sharpton, leading protestors:

"What do we want? Dead Cops!
"


Yet another reason to use credible sources and disregard most of what Fox "reports".  Fox News caught in the edit booth making Sharpton appear to be leading a dead cops chant, he did not, he was not even at the same protest.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/12/14/fox-amp-friends-airs-misleading-footage-to-sugg/201874
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/media/fox-news-deceptively-edits-millions-march-video-attack-al-sharpton

Video Mashup On Fox News Falsely Places Al Sharpton At Scene Of Anti-Cop Protest
 
The hosts of Fox & Friends went out of their way Sunday to malign civil rights leader and MSNBC host Al Sharpton. In multiple segments throughout their morning broadcast they aired videos of Sharpton at a rally in Washington, D.C. to protest the deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in Staten Island, New York, and other victims of police brutality.

However, in a deliberate act of journalistic deceit, they spliced those videos together with a separate event in New York City where some protesters were heard disparaging the police and chanting for “dead cops.” [Video below]

The implication by Fox was that Sharpton was leading those marchers. But the anti-cop marchers were not a part of any official program connected to the New York protest and certainly not connected to the rally in Washington where Sharpton spoke. They were described by the New York Daily News as a “breakaway group” from a much larger, and largely peaceful demonstration in Manhattan.

By editing together these unrelated videos, Fox leaves the impression that Sharpton himself was calling for the death of police officers. The Fox hosts made things worse by adding their own commentary to the same effect. Here is a sampling of the dialog from the program:


_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  News Hawk on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:For some reason with Obama it does run that deep.  He is like Al Sharpton, an instigator.

That's like comparing apples with oranges. Obama has done well to govern without racism, and Sharpton is a complete bum. I have no idea why African Americans choose Sharpton to be one of their leaders, and comparing him to Obama is an insult to the President.

Today on Hannity (radio), it was mentioned that Sharpton has made 84 visits to the White House!

From Breitbart, after 61 WH visits:

The nation’s first black president could have brought us together. He could have pounded home the message to the black community that it’s time to stop complaining about insults, perceived and real, and go about claiming their rightful place in society.

Instead, Obama feeds the mindset that demands help from the state and coaxes anger from the aggrieved. What a waste.
http://100percentfedup.com/news/2932-guess-how-many-times-racebaiter-sharpton-visited-the-white-house

Shocked

Obama is letting a complete bum inside the White House for a reason!

pale


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

When "The War on Women" falls from the Headlines

Post  News Hawk on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:55 pm




It's always something...

Rolling Eyes


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy crap are we a divided nation or what?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum