66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:42 am

WHL wrote:THat is a lie, Achigan and I resent it.  You don't know what you are talking about.  The government rules and regulations which have increased yearly have done absolutely nothing to improve anything.  We never polluted anything nor would ever want to without the gov. telling us not to.  We always cared about our employees without the government's advice.   I really cannot see how ONE rule or regulation has made our businesses better or safer.   The rules and regs have all just been a pain in the neck.  

Your excuses are exactly what I thought you would say. IT'S NOT MY FAULT..IT'S THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT.
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:52 pm

And those with irresponsible behavior will behave just like they always have.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:08 pm

News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
Anti Federalist wrote:"...You do not have the right to determine, through "democracy", what rights you are going to seize from me.

Just like "Captain's Choice" snuck through Concord, IT'S LEGAL!

You lost me here...what is "Captain's Choice"?

It's a costly boating device to channel exhaust pipe noise to Lake Winnipesaukee's residents.

Evil or Very Mad 

Ohhhh...OK.

Ah the good old days...I wish we had nothing better to argue about than Winnie speed limits and go fast boats.
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Achigan wrote:Now I see why you are so bitter against the government.  You want to run your business and do whatever you as an individual thinks is best for "YOU".

Yeah, that's called freedom.

By what authority do you claim to have the right to shove a gun in my face and force me to do what is right for YOU?

avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 pm

WHL wrote:And those with irresponsible behavior will behave just like they always have.

At their own risk. Businesses get shut down or fined for irresponsible behavior. If you walk into any restaurant for dinner you do so with the expectation that their kitchen is clean, so you don't get food poisoning. That's why there are inspectors to see to that.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:39 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The only thing I'm not happy with is the size of our military; otherwise, I'm a very happy camper

With a weak President, you'll soon see Communist China claiming ADIZ rights, and otherwise threatening her neighbors.

Oh wait, they already have!

No

News Buzzard wrote:I don't subscribe to the Gloom and Doom magazine!!  Basketball

Of course not.

Using manipulation, fraud, Illegals, and free cellphones, this country has already crossed over to The Point of No Return.

We're ALL Detroit, now....

 pale 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:11 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:And those with irresponsible behavior will behave just like they always have.

At their own risk. Businesses get shut down or fined for irresponsible behavior. If you walk into any restaurant for dinner you do so with the expectation that their kitchen is clean, so you don't get food poisoning. That's why there are inspectors to see to that.


And if you were a decent person you would not want any of your customers to get food poisoning-EVEN WITHOUT INSPECTORS!!! IMAGINE THAT!! In fact, I can't imagine anyone who has a restaurant wanting to give food poisoning to their patrons. If they got sick there would the patrons go back?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:36 pm

You never saw Restaurant Impossible?

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:41 pm

WHL wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:And those with irresponsible behavior will behave just like they always have.

At their own risk. Businesses get shut down or fined for irresponsible behavior. If you walk into any restaurant for dinner you do so with the expectation that their kitchen is clean, so you don't get food poisoning. That's why there are inspectors to see to that.


And if you were a decent person you would not want any of your customers to get food poisoning-EVEN WITHOUT INSPECTORS!!! IMAGINE THAT!!  In fact, I can't imagine anyone who has a restaurant wanting to give food poisoning to their patrons.  If they got sick there would the patrons go back?  
 
It's not that anyone wants their customers to get sick, it's because some people just don't understand the fact that you need to wash your hands, keep food at a certain temperature, store food properly, use fresh foods, and keep a clean working place.  That's the reason behind 'INSPECTORS".
 
You can blame whoever you want, but the fact of the matter is if there wasn't government oversight in some of these places then the conditions wouldn't change and more people would become sick.
 
I'm sure you are an honest business person and want to do what is best for your customers and still make a half decent living.  I wish everyone was that way, but they aren't.  Some just don't care and you are driving yourself crazy with the thought that government doesn't need to be involved with anything in this country.
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Anti Federalist on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Achigan wrote:I'm sure you are an honest business person and want to do what is best for your customers and still make a half decent living.  I wish everyone was that way, but they aren't.  Some just don't care and you are driving yourself crazy with the thought that government doesn't need to be involved with anything in this country.

Many, many, many more people get sick from food that they cooked at home.

Should government inspectors have the right to inspect your home any time of the day or night without a warrant or probable cause?

If not, why not?
avatar
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Yes, and despite the inspectors, you hear of restaurants that are cited for doing things wrong. I just find it hard to believe that most people don't try to have a clean, safe restaurant. Sure people make mistakes, that is life but I wonder how much good inspectors really do. Nobody is perfect and if you hunt long enough you can usually find something. As a matter of fact, I bet there is something that wouldn't pass inspection rightt in your own house, NB and Achigan.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:49 pm

WHL wrote:Yes, and despite the inspectors, you hear of restaurants that are cited for doing things wrong.  I just find it hard to believe that most people don't try to have a clean, safe restaurant.  Sure people make mistakes, that is life but I wonder how much good inspectors really do.  Nobody is perfect and if you hunt long enough you can usually find something.  As a matter of fact, I bet there is something that wouldn't pass inspection rightt in your own house, NB and Achigan.

It's OK with me if you don't want the government inspecting the manufacture, packaging, and distribution of food products.

I'm sure I couldn't convince you of anything that has to do with what the government does.

avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 pm

I am sure you couldn't because those people that are the government make mistakes too.  I wish I didn't have to buy food with all the crap in it.  It would be so nice to have plain old food.  All the stuff they put in is is killing us. but it's allowed!!
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 pm

WHL wrote:I am sure you couldn't because those people that are the government make mistakes too.  I wish I didn't have to buy food with all the crap in it.  It would be so nice to have plain old food.  All the stuff they put in is is killing us. but it's allowed!!

Why would someone have a guard at a gate to inspect what a customer bought. Doesn't that business trust their customers?

The reason is because some people can't be trusted to be honest and that is the same reason the government has to inspect the manufacture, packaging, and distribution of food products.

Now do you see where I'm coming from??
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nobody LIVING, that is...

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Nobody was dissatisfied with Stalin.

(for long)

 Suspect 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:10 am

News Buzzard wrote:You never saw Restaurant Impossible?

I gather this was something on TV.

Rolling Eyes

It's dangerous to determine the livelihoods of A Free People based on what could be propaganda.

 Suspect 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Hawk on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Achigan wrote:I don't like government intrusion but I dislike businesses that dumped tons of chemicals in the landfills all over the country. Then the EPA had to take over and clean everything up.  These businesses just up and left communities all over the country and wouldn't spend a dime of their money to help out.
Look at the "Brownsfield" project in Vermont that is run by the state to clean up some of the land that was polluted by greedy manufacturing owners.

News Buzzard wrote:Well said, Achigan! Regulations come as a result of irresponsible behavior, and that can be applied to many different forms of regulation in this country.

☻ The marketplace is a free and reliable moderator of bad behavior.

☻ My host once blamed a classy restaurant for my getting sick; but thinking back, I wasn't "at all" hungry at the time of the meal. The poor Italian restaurant got an earful—and I think it was totally undeserved.

☻ People get sick anyway, but I can't recall Bailey's (for instance) making anyone in my family ill.  

☻ I gather Achigan has never had a "permitted-burn" that included pressure-treated wood. 'Course, the landfills are loaded with none of the News-Crows' stuff!

 Rolling Eyes 

☻ Sadly, much expense has been initiated through the malevolence of one person:

Think of all the packaging that came about through the Tylenol scare. There are times I have to use pliers to open a can of paint thinner!

☻ Some of those discarded "poisons" were not thought to be toxic at the time of their dumping. (Think BHP). Look at any product's labeling. Have you never seen the description of your purchase, with this notion:


"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.”


Think on that while you guzzle your Dr. Pepper, whose aluminum cans are lined with plastic!

 Laughing 

Partly due to uncontrolled "Immigration", California is running out of drinking water—so I can understand why the inevitable concentration of various chemicals concerns them in what remains of their water.

NEWSFLASH:

You're not going to die from California's "poison-of-the-day".

No


.[/quote]


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:23 am

I get it now NH... you only want laws that pertain to you personally... The boat speed limit law is OK...  the noise level law for boats is OK...
You want a law to ban certain boats on NH Lakes because that is OK.
 
BUT...Restaurants can police themselves because they are responsible owners.
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 am

Achigan wrote:I get it now NH... you only want laws that pertain to you personally... The boat speed limit law is OK...  the noise level law for boats is OK...
You want a law to ban certain boats on NH Lakes because that is OK.
 
BUT...Restaurants can police themselves because they are responsible owners.

Great point, Achigan! Maybe the free market should take care of the speed on the lake and the size of the engines! To regulate those items is only Stalinist, fascist and communist! Before you know it the lake will be like Detroit! Razz

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:15 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Achigan wrote:I get it now NH... you only want laws that pertain to you personally... The boat speed limit law is OK...  the noise level law for boats is OK...
You want a law to ban certain boats on NH Lakes because that is OK.
 
BUT...Restaurants can police themselves because they are responsible owners.

Great point, Achigan! Maybe the free market should take care of the speed on the lake and the size of the engines! To regulate those items is only Stalinist, fascist and communist! Before you know it the lake will be like Detroit! Razz
 
Good one NB.   Laughing Laughing Laughing    lol! lol! lol!
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 am

WHL wrote:I am sure you couldn't because those people that are the government make mistakes too.  I wish I didn't have to buy food with all the crap in it.  It would be so nice to have plain old food.  All the stuff they put in is is killing us. but it's allowed!!
 
LETS TRY AGAIN:  
 
Why would someone have a guard at a gate to inspect what a customer bought. Doesn't that business trust their customers?
 
The reason is because some people can't be trusted to be honest and that is the same reason the government has to inspect the manufacture, packaging, and distribution of food products.
 
Now do you see where I'm coming from??
 
CHIRP  CHIRP   CHIRP!!!!!
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  WHL on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Yes, I get your point. You can't trust some people. Some people are not good people. I do not deny that. Now would you please "GET" my point. You can make all the laws and have all the regulators you want, but the minute those BAD people think they can break the law they will. THat is why I keep saying laws are for us-the good people Bad people aren't going to ignore them if they can anyway.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some People "NEED" Stuff...

Post  News Hawk on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Achigan wrote:
Why would someone have a guard at a gate to inspect what a customer bought. Doesn't that business trust their customers?

In the Florida County that lost $2 Billion in fraudulent Medicare claims, Home Depot has every exit covered!

 Evil or Very Mad 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

WHL wrote:Yes, I get your point.  You can't trust some people.  Some people are not good people.  I do not deny that.  Now would you please "GET" my point.  You can make all the laws and have all the regulators you want, but the minute those BAD people think they can break the law they will.  THat is why I keep saying laws are for us-the good people  Bad people aren't going to ignore them if they can anyway.

I get your point, and yes a crook is a crook no matter how many laws you have. HOWEVER, you can't just ignore them and not have a law that will punish them if they get caught. Laws PROTECT us good people and we need enough staff to enforce them.

I can't imagine what this country would be like if we didn't have laws to protect honest people. Will all the law enforcement people be honest and do their job right...NOPE, and we will just have live with that.

BTW, thank you for seeing my point...I think this might be a first for you.  Very Happy 
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Achigan on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:49 pm

 scratch 
News Hawk wrote:
Achigan wrote:
Why would someone have a guard at a gate to inspect what a customer bought. Doesn't that business trust their customers?

In the Florida County that lost $2 Billion in fraudulent Medicare claims, Home Depot has every exit covered!

 Evil or Very Mad 


.

You really need to stop posting until you stop taking that medication for Herpes... I don't understand a thing you just said??
avatar
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 66% "Somewhat/Very" dissatisfied with size and power of Federal Government.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum