This is why nothing is getting done for the American people.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is why nothing is getting done for the American people.

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm not really concerned with trim packages because the quality of the faucet is the same. I have a couple of old Symmons faucets in the showers and have had to replace the rubber washers on both of them. I accidentally trashed one of the handles on one of them and I replaced it with an identical handle that is plastic, so I have 2 identical faucets, one with a metal handle and one with a plastic one. Can't beat a Symmons as far as I'm concerned! There is never a temperature or pressure change, no matter what else is running in the house. Ironically, I bought the plastic handle in my favorite plumbing supply in Rochester, Witway. They stock a lot of Symmons parts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:53 pm

[quote="Outerlimits"]
News Buzzard wrote: 
Having both products in my hands at the same time I can tell you that you there was a significant difference.  

What do you see and feel that is different and which one is better and why is it better?

What is the material of each one and how do you know this?

Achigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Achigan wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote: 
Having both products in my hands at the same time I can tell you that you there was a significant difference.  

What do you see and feel that is different and which one is better and why is it better?

I believe your questions were directed to Outerlimits, but I really don't see any difference in the 3 examples of the same faucet, other than the prices. The most expensive one was sold at Lowes and the cheapest at Home Depot (although they discontinued it). They all have a limited, lifetime warranty.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:14 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
Achigan wrote:
Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote: 

I believe your questions were directed to Outerlimits, but I really don't see any difference in the 3 examples of the same faucet, other than the prices. The most expensive one was sold at Lowes and the cheapest at Home Depot (although they discontinued it). They all have a limited, lifetime warranty.

Yes it was directed at Outerlimits but thank you for your input.

There is no visible or feel difference in the three faucets. There is a price difference but that doesn't mean they are made different.

I looked at the parts break down and they are the same.

Maybe he has a better example of what he means.
Achigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 pm

WHL wrote:Thank you, Outer.  At least you and I know the truth.

The truth??? Outer gave a lot of reasons for the problem. Regulations was one of them but IMO they are at the bottom of the list. Outer didn't say which one caused the biggest problem but of the list I thought globalization was the biggest.

However, he didn't put the real problem down which is the party of "NO"...or the GOP. The two people in the photo that I posted tell the whole story...they weren't listening and they don't give a shit about the common folks. They are greedy no good scoundrels who should be thrown out of office.
Achigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:Thank you, Outer.  At least you and I know the truth.

The truth???  Outer gave a lot of reasons for the problem.  Regulations was one of them but IMO they are at the bottom of the list.  Outer didn't say which one caused the biggest problem but of the list I thought globalization was the biggest.

However, he didn't put the real problem down which is the party of "NO"...or the GOP.  The two people in the photo that I posted tell the whole story...they weren't listening and they don't give a shit about the common folks.  They are greedy no good scoundrels who should be thrown out of office.

Good point, Achigan. Graham is nothing but an old hairbag who regurgitates the same old garbage all the time. Cruz must really think we're stupid because he says the Democrats are to blame for not submitting to the Republican's extortion when the government was shut down. Maybe the people in Texas are that stupid!

And now the Republicans are talking about taking the debt ceiling hostage if the Democrats don't cave on the insurance risk corridors in Obamacare. Extortion is still extortion, no matter when you do it. This too shall pass with egg on the Right wing's face!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:23 pm

That's just the FedCoats.

Now, add in global, state, county and town codes, edicts, mandates and statutes.

No one could stay on top of that.

Three felonies a day...that is a police state.

The United States of Regulation

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/03/the-united-states-of-regulation.html

The numbers say it all. According to regulation.gov, here are the new federal government regulations that have been posted in just the last 90 days.

Last 3 Days(200)
Last 7 Days(479)
Last 15 Days(1,087)
Last 30 Days(2,223)
Last 90 Days(6,126)
Anti Federalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 am

THat doesn't matter though Anti. Don't you know that? A business should be able to easily handle 6 thousand new rules and regs. Just ask Achigan and NB.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Editor, WSJ...

Post  News Hawk on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 am

News Buzzard wrote:Getting rid of legislation requires new legislation. Gridlock means nothing gets done. You can't have it both ways. What you're really saying is you want them to get rid of the laws that you don't like, but that's not how it works!

LETTERS

The progressives blame the GOP for gridlock, but President Obama isn't interested in compromise at all.

In "The President's Public Enemies" (Wonder Land, Sept. 4), Daniel Henninger quotes President Obama as follows: "The reason government does not work right now is because the other party has been captured by an ideological, rigid, uncompromising core that ignores science, is not particularly interested in facts, is not particularly interested in compromise, but is interested in having its own way 100 percent of the time—and that way, in large part, includes dismantling so much of what has created this incredible middle class and this incredible wealth here in America." That's the best description of the current progressive political movement led by President Obama that I've heard or read.

William P. Witter

Boulder, Colo.

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:32 am

That is the understatement of the year! I love how the Dems keep calling the Repubs. the party of no while Obama is totally unwilling to do any compromising at all!! O is blaming them for exactly what he is doing!!
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top