Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Unemployment Numbers

4 posters

Go down

January Unemployment Numbers Empty January Unemployment Numbers

Post  News Buzzard Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 am

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

January Unemployment Numbers Empty Re: January Unemployment Numbers

Post  WHL Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 pm

I wondered if you were going to praise this as you do every month, even though everybody I have heard today is talking about how horrible it is!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:33 pm

WHL wrote:I wondered if you were going to praise this as you do every month, even though everybody I have heard today is talking about how horrible it is!!

The numbers are not too bad, considering the fact we have a do-nothing Republican party in Congress. I expect the economy to pick up steam just in time for Hillary to announce her candidacy. I figure that gives you 11 more years to complain, complain and complain some more.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:58 pm

We might have finally bottomed out. Far too early to say, but maybe the LFPR has finally stopped dropping like a rock like it's been doing ever since President Obama took office. I'm still skeptical of course. We've seen brief rebounds since 2009 and all have given way to a steady trend of LFPR dropping like a rock tossed out of an airplane.

No the actual number of unemployed work-aged Americans has not decreased. It's nowhere close to where it was even during the worst of George W's presidency. I certainly wish that I was wrong. I honestly hope to see the day when News Buzzard posts one of these and I check the actual numbers and see an actual improvement.

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:45 pm

This country would be decades ahead of itself if Gore had won. I'm thinking that he would have heeded the warnings and possibly prevented 9/11. There would have been no Afghanistan, Iraq, massive tax cuts and Great Recession. We would still have a balanced budget with very little debt, and Obama's Presidency wouldn't have been dedicated to a recovery in the face of the most stubborn Republicans I've ever seen. The good news is the Republicans are too stupid to take the White House again, and if they take the Senate it won't be for long.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:37 am

If Gore had become president we would have had massive tax RAISES and although oil and gas are bad enough now, most wouldn't be able to afford to heat their homes or drive their cars if Gore had his way. All why he became a billionaire on the fake concept of climate change.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:07 am

WHL wrote:If Gore had become president we would have had massive tax RAISES and although oil and gas are bad enough now, most wouldn't be able to afford to heat their homes or drive their cars if Gore had his way.  All why he became a billionaire on the fake concept of climate change.

"fake concept of climate change"? According to scientific consensus on global warming, human activities are causing climate change.

Most scientist believe that humans need to change the amount of carbon dioxide released in the air so that in the forseeable future, it won't cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere.

I think Gore has done a lot to educate us about global warming.

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:16 am

Achigan wrote:I think Gore has done a lot to educate us about global warming.

Me too! It's interesting that WHL advocates for a free market and capitalistic gains, unless of course it is Al Gore who makes the money, and she amazes me with the fact that she is smarter than 97% of the world's climate scientists! I wonder where WHL got her Doctorate in Climate?      Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 am

News Buzzard wrote:
Achigan wrote:I think Gore has done a lot to educate us about global warming.

Me too! It's interesting that WHL advocates for a free market and capitalistic gains, unless of course it is Al Gore who makes the money, and she amazes me with the fact that she is smarter than 97% of the world's climate scientists! I wonder where WHL got her Doctorate in Climate?      Rolling Eyes

That's a good point about "free market and capitalistic gains". Evidently she believes it's only good for a select few and not for all Americans. This is how the republicans really think and WHL has proven that many times on this forum.

Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:29 am

I have no problem with Gore making money. The fact that he manufactured and promoted and still is promoting climate change to make his money is the problem.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 am

WHL wrote:I have no problem with Gore making money.  The fact that he manufactured and promoted and still is promoting climate change to make his money is the problem.  

Do you know what the Keeling Curve is?
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down