Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare

+3
News Hawk
WHL
News Buzzard
7 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare - Page 2 Empty Re: GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare

Post  News Hawk Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Hawk wrote:
I'm a resident—not a permanent resident

Where do you vote?

If I were a Democrat, I'd vote in New Hampshire and Florida.

pirat 

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare - Page 2 Empty Re: GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare

Post  WHL Tue May 20, 2014 7:50 pm

That may be why, NB  I understand older engines don't have the problem with it that newer ones do.  You better keep the old ones.  

LOL, NH-my chuckle for the night…

NH, do you think that is why NB hasn't had trouble with the ethanol like everyone else?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue May 20, 2014 8:06 pm

WHL wrote:
NH, do you think that is why NB hasn't had trouble with the ethanol like everyone else?

Just wait...

pirat 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed May 21, 2014 7:28 am

Well, i have heard it doesn't affect the older engines.  Have you heard that?  And here's another thing.  Do you think they would make and people would be using additives in all their motors if they didn't have to??  Do they do it just for fun and games?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 21, 2014 9:31 am

WHL wrote:Well, i have heard it doesn't affect the older engines.  Have you heard that?  And here's another thing.  Do you think they would make and people would be using additives in all their motors if they didn't have to??  Do they do it just for fun and games?

The only additive I use is Stable and I drain the tanks every summer.(not on the cars) The biggest problem with gasoline is letting it get stale, not ethanol, because it turns into a varnish. A good ride always clears out the injectors. You have to remember that fuel pumps of today move gas in the system at about 90PSI while in older cars the mechanical fuel pumps would pump the gas up to the carburetor at about 4PSI. Big difference. I remember the in-line gas filters years ago that needed to be changed regularly. In many of today's cars there is no maintenance schedule to change the gas filter, and it is in frequently in the gas tank. You're barking up the wrong tree with your ethanol claims. I've never had a problem with it!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Wed May 21, 2014 11:23 am

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:Well, i have heard it doesn't affect the older engines.  Have you heard that?  And here's another thing.  Do you think they would make and people would be using additives in all their motors if they didn't have to??  Do they do it just for fun and games?

The only additive I use is Stable and I drain the tanks every summer.(not on the cars) The biggest problem with gasoline is letting it get stale, not ethanol, because it turns into a varnish. A good ride always clears out the injectors. You have to remember that fuel pumps of today move gas in the system at about 90PSI while in older cars the mechanical fuel pumps would pump the gas up to the carburetor at about 4PSI. Big difference. I remember the in-line gas filters years ago that needed to be changed regularly. In many of today's cars there is no maintenance schedule to change the gas filter, and it is in frequently in the gas tank. You're barking up the wrong tree with your ethanol claims. I've never had a problem with it!

Sorry, but you need to do some research. Ethanol is horrible for small engines and larger motors that do no run often. You cannot drain the tanks any longer and run the carb dry as it dries out the seals. I suggest you stop into any small engine shop and ask what drives most of their business nowadays.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 am

I should have clarified my remarks by saying that I drain the engine and then refill it with fresh gasoline and Stable. I've had to deal with 10% ethanol for years with no problem, and the best research I've done is my mechanical experience for 40 years. The biggest problem with gasoline is letting it sit in the machine for too long. I don't know if I would recommend 15% ethanol, but with increased oil production in the US and higher fuel standards it's probably a moot point anyway.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed May 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Very Happy What is being lost in all this:

Ethanol is bad for the environment.

* More nitrogen fertilizers being used.
* More virgin land being destroyed for the production of corn.
* Ethanol releases more carbon dioxide than gas.
* Ethanol releases higher levels of benzene than gas.
* Ethanol reduces the MPG on cars and trucks.

Ethanol is responsible for raising food prices.

Higher price for beef
Higher price for produce.
Higher government costs to pay for food-stamps.

Oh yeah…the production of corn ethanol consumes 6 times more energy than it produces.

Other than that…ethanol is great. Very Happy
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed May 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Watch for the long-awaited pipeline to be opened just before November's Mid-Term Elections. Gas prices will return to normal—just in time!

Suspect 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 21, 2014 2:44 pm

News Hawk wrote:Watch for the long-awaited pipeline to be opened just before November's Mid-Term Elections. Gas prices will return to normal—just in time!

Suspect .

The well moneyed Republican Nebraska ranchers won't let that happen !

Ethanol does not reduce the gas mileage in my cars, and in fact with a little bit of tweaking I do about 4MPG better on my Volkswagen.
I don't care if they get rid of ethanol but I don't think it to be the monster everyone says it is. This reminds me of the predicted armageddon for cars when we went to unleaded gas. Only through experience can I tell you that the unleaded gas is so much cleaner. The leaded gas used to sludge up the oil in a car through "blow by" and was much worse for the environment.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed May 21, 2014 3:07 pm

And therefore, Outer, ethanol is good for nothing!  A useless thing!! Thank you for posting.  Not only is it hard on engines, it is hard on everything else.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed May 21, 2014 3:13 pm

WHL wrote:And therefore, Outer, ethanol is good for nothing!  A useless thing!! Thank you for posting.  Not only is it hard on engines, it is hard on everything else.

In the long term that might not be the case, WHL. I dispute the notion that it's hard on engines and it may become more popular when the world's supply of petroleum declines.(not in our lifetime) Believe it or not, oil is a finite resource. This stuff coming out of our northern tier and Canada is dirty and it's not going to last forever. There are plenty of cars on the road now (flex fuel) that run on E85 !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon May 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
By the way…

It’s not a shift by the Republicans.  

You see there are such a wide variety of scandals, gross incompetence, negligence and lies for this administration; it is sometimes difficult to stay focused on just one.   Don’t worry yourself a bit…there will be plenty of time to delve into all of them before the elections.  Very Happy 

I think I can clarify that for you:

In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to un-insure the insured.

Next, we require the newly un-insured to be re-insured.

To re-insure the newly un-insured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.

The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became un-insured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original un-insured can be insured for free.

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare - Page 2 Empty Their Plan ‘Doesn’t Even Work’

Post  News Hawk Wed May 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Nick and Rachel Robinson were excited about the possibilities that Obamacare offered them when they found out they were expecting a third child.

“It’s one of those times where you hear the news and there’s this immediate sense of joy and excitement like, ‘Yay, a new kid. That’s awesome!’” Nick Robinson told NPR. But the happy news also came with a new set of worries. “What are we going to do? How are we going to pay for this? This is intense.”

When the option of the Affordable Care Act became available, the Robinsons believed it was the answer to what they were looking for. Nick’s company didn’t offer health benefits and neither did Rachel’s position as a wedding photographer.

“I was like, ‘Oh, here’s the answer! This is simple!’” he told NPR. “‘It’s a cheaper insurance plan, there’s no pre-existing condition stuff.’”

But the Robinsons soon learned the HMO Blue Cross Blue Shield plan they pay about $375 each month for wasn’t quite what they expected.

For example, when it came to finding an obstetrician in Texas for their upcoming baby earlier this year, Rachel said she called all 28 practices listed as acceptable options for their plan, but could find none to take her as a patient.

“Some would just come right out and say, ‘We don’t take Obamacare,’”
she said. ”Or the best one was, ‘The doctor takes it here at the actual practice, but whatever hospital you use … does not take that insurance.’

NPR noted that there were practices that accepted HMO plans, but the doctors rotated and Rachel wanted a relationship with only one physician.
—NPR

The government tells you what you can have now.

pale 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare - Page 2 Empty "Gay" Rights

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Obamacare Is the Most Important Piece of Gay Rights Legislation Ever Passed

From the Centers for Disease Control:

* In 2011, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 79% of 38,825 estimated HIV diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older and 62% of 49,273 estimated diagnoses among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

* At the end of 2010, of the estimated 872,990 persons living with an HIV diagnosis, 440,408 (50%) were gay and bisexual men. Forty-seven percent of gay and bisexual men living with an HIV diagnosis were white, 31% were black/African American, and 19% were Hispanic/Latino.

When you consider that “gay” men comprise under 3% of the male population, that means that “gay” men are at least 130 times as likely to contract HIV as heterosexual men.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html

—Slate
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

GOP To Shift Tone On Obamacare - Page 2 Empty Half of Obamacare Sign-ups are Flawed!

Post  News Hawk Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I wonder when Scott Brown will get the memo:

This memo?

scratch 

"At least 4 million Obamacare sign-ups have flawed applications out of the 8 million total applications, according to a report released Wednesday by House Republicans. The Energy and Commerce Committee documents double the claims made in an Associated Press report released earlier on Wednesday, which found that according to a May 8 federal slideshow, 2.1 million Obamacare applications had “inconsistencies” in income, immigration and citizenship data. (RELATED: Obamacare Data Flaws Jeopardize Coverage For 1 in 4 Sign-ups) Federal Obamacare contractor Serco compiled a chart for the committee which displays over 4 million application discrepancies by May 27. The inconsistencies include..."
—Daily Caller
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 am

If the ratio is 1 in 4 with the total number being 4 million problems, then you're telling me that you know that 16 million people have signed up for Obamacare! In Kentucky Mitch McConnell vows to repeal Obamacare and at the same time praises his state's exchange, KYNECT. Doesn't McConnell realize that KYNECT was created by and will be terminated if Obamacare is repealed? In Virginia some 400 thousand Virginians are being denied health insurance because of Republican obstructionism to the Medicaid expansion in that state. Do the Republicans around the country think that people are really that stupid?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:31 am

Yikes! I had heard the two figure.  Now it is double that???????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am

News Buzzard wrote:...In Virginia some 400 thousand Virginians are being denied health insurance because of Republican obstructionism to the Medicaid expansion in that state. Do the Republicans around the country think that people are really that stupid?

Stupid?

STUPID is having 60+ million people, or about 20 percent of the U.S. population enrolled in Medicaid while telling us the economy is getting better.

STUPID is celebrating the fact that 20% of the population doesn’t have the means to take care of themselves.

STUPID is encouraging: Medicaid expansion, Jobless expansion, Food Stamp Expansion, Welfare Expansion, TAX Expansion, and  Nationalized healthcare expansion.

STUPID is believing that all of these expansions (constrictors of the economy) are good for this country.

STUPID is not asking the question:  Who is going to pay for this?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 am

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:...In Virginia some 400 thousand Virginians are being denied health insurance because of Republican obstructionism to the Medicaid expansion in that state. Do the Republicans around the country think that people are really that stupid?

Stupid?

STUPID is having 60+ million people, or about 20 percent of the U.S. population enrolled in Medicaid while telling us the economy is getting better.

STUPID is celebrating the fact that 20% of the population doesn’t have the means to take care of themselves.

STUPID is encouraging: Medicaid expansion, Jobless expansion, Food Stamp Expansion, Welfare Expansion, TAX Expansion, and  Nationalized healthcare expansion.

STUPID is believing that all of these expansions (constrictors of the economy) are good for this country.

STUPID is not asking the question:  Who is going to pay for this?

C'mon OL, you know the 1% is going to pay for it all with increased taxes...

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am

Stupid is the only industrialized nation on earth which was the last to get a national healthcare system, and stupid is a nation that allows a hospital to charge a patient $800 for a $1 bag of saline solution, and stupid is a nation that allows an ambulance company to charge a patient $1 thousand for a ride of less than half a mile to a hospital. I thank President Obama for allowing us to get smarter, despite the obstructionists who do the bidding for the 1% !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Too bad there are so many stupid people in this country, huh?

Yes, and now not only are the 1% paying for other people's health care, they are going to be paying for student loans.  Nice, Obama, got any more bright ideas?

And so, NB are you saying since Obama has his Obamacare, that hospitals aren't charging those kind of prices?  I haven't heard of any reductions…..
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 pm

WHL wrote:And so, NB are you saying since Obama has his Obamacare, that hospitals aren't charging those kind of prices?  I haven't heard of any reductions…..

I didn't say that at all, but I hope and expect that is the direction we go in. Over the last few years, since Obamacare was passed, we have seen healthcare inflation dropping, and there is no reason for healthcare inflation to be more than 3 times that of normal inflation. If a hospital pays less than 20 bucks for a bag of water then they shouldn't be charging $800 for it. If you want to bait me about the 1 percenters paying for all of this, how about all of the Middle Classers who have lost everything to a medical bankruptcy? Don't they count as well ?
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Here is where you just don’t get it News Buzzard.

Obamacare is not healthcare reform it is insurance reform.

There is no change to the cost structure, just who pays it.

With Obamacare; the benefits are given up front.

People like you say:

“you can’t repeal it because so many people like it and depend on it”.

Lets’ be clear, those who like it, are the ones getting the free stuff; the people paying for it and the people who will pay for it….not so much.
In this, the Progs are like drug dealers, they get the junkies hooked, but the reality is: nothing is free and the bill will come later.

It truly is insidious.

Those paying for their own insurance are paying a lot more already but eventually we will have to pay the bill for those getting subsidies and those getting free care.

We will see increased deductions in our paychecks and increases in overall liabilities from both Federal and State. It just has to happen when Obamacare expanded Medicaid and dumped millions of new welfare recipients into the system.

Obamacare has done NOTHING to control the overall cost of healthcare it just changes who is paying for it.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Perfectly said, Outer!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next