Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parade

2 posters

Go down

Parade  Empty Parade

Post  WHL Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Just got back from the parade.  It was a long one- lasted an hour!  Congrats to Harold for all his hard work!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Parade  Empty Re: Parade

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 am

That's nice! It was a nice day for a parade.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:51 am

Didn't you go, NB?

The one thing that needs to be done is the police need to keep the people out of the street.  You would think people would know better than to stand in the middle of the road but apparently they don't.  Where we were, people were halfway to the yellow line during most of the parade.  There were 2 cops and the people around me were all worried a kid was going to get hit.  A lady next to me went over and asked the cops if they didn't think they should move the people out of the street.  They did but of course the people moved right back and that was the end of that.  I thought that part of the reason the cops were there was to keep the people back by the white line.  People even had their chairs over the white line!!  I don't know where people's heads are????!!!   They worry about kids getting hit by candy so they can't throw candy, I think getting hit by a truck would hurt the kids a lot more than a piece of candy!!!!!   It has never been like this in the past, I don't know what happened this year.  I have never seen anything like it-at ANY parade!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm a little too handicapped for a parade, WHL, and it's too bad that the crowd was a little too enthusiastic. I can only imagine what it would cost to have a larger police presence at a parade like that.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:35 pm

But you know, I don't think they need a bigger police presence.  The two that were by us were not doing anything, just talking.  Maybe they were not supposed to be, I don't know.  Maybe they were just there in case something happened, but while they were, it wouldn't hurt to keep people back.  They always used to do that and people get the word quickly.  They also could ride a bike up and down keeping people back.  Once people get the idea that that is what they are supposed to do I think they will do it.  As I said, I don't know why they should have to be told but obviously they need to be.  They just don't think.  I have seen other parades where cops drive motorcycles back and forth telling people to stay back.  Now I know we don't have motorcycles, but a bicycle would do the same thing.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Good points !
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content