Twenty Million Covered Under Obamacare

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Twenty Million Covered Under Obamacare

Post  News Hawk on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Outerlimits wrote:"...Obamacare promised to reverse rising health costs, saving the average family of four $2,500 a year.

This was a lie and everybody knows it.

News Buzzard doesn't know it.

No

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:
Outerlimits, you are so full of crap it isn't funny. First of all healthcare inflation has most definitely slowed down since the implementation of Obamacare. That's a fact!

Better check your facts.

Obamacare promised to reverse rising health costs, saving the average family of four $2,500 a year.

This was a lie and everybody knows it.

Admittedly, there has been a slowdown in health spending, but this slowdown began in the mid-2000′s, well before Obama even took office.

Obama can’t be held responsible for anything that happened before (or after) he took office.  How can you give him credit for this?

Obamacare is just another slam on the working middle-class.  "Not one thin dime!" Remember that whopper? The rich can afford premium health insurance, the idle will get it for "free", and working families in the middle-class will struggle to pay for yet-another program. The government has no money, they have to take it from the ever shrinking pool of income tax payers, that also have to pay for their own insurance.

News Buzzard wrote:
You always harp on people getting free stuff.
If you're deducting your mortgage interest from your income on your taxes, you're getting free stuff!
If you're deducting charitable contributions from your income taxes, you're getting free stuff!
If you deduct your property taxes from your income taxes, you're getting free stuff!
If you take the standard deduction off your taxable income, you're getting free stuff!

So how come you can get free stuff and someone else can't?

Actually I harp on paying for "free stuff".

But if you want to make it personal…

I take the standard deduction only and every tax payer can take that.  So exactly how am I getting a free stuff unavailable to others?  Like clockwork over the past 20 years my wife and I have paid  28.5% of our income in federal income tax. I would be all for a flat tax rate so everyone would have skin in the game and hairbrained scams like Obamacare wouldn't stand a chance.

Only a progressive would call tax deductions freebies.  Reductions on the amount of income that can be taxed is not the same as receiving  free health insurance, free food, free education, and free housing,

No kidding!!! He calls that free stuff????
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:48 pm

NB doesn't know a lot of things, NH. He is very uninformed I guess.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:42 pm

WHL wrote:NB doesn't know a lot of things, NH. He is very uninformed I guess.

The discounted premiums under Obamacare are tax credits, so what's the difference between your tax breaks and theirs  Question

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Some of them are but some of the are getting it paid for by us.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Everyone pays for all of our tax breaks! What don't you understand about that?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 pm

News Buzzard wrote: The discounted premiums under Obamacare are tax credits, so what's the difference between your tax breaks and theirs  Question

As you posted earlier: Those tax credits are not available to all Americans.  

Those so called “tax credits” (very different from tax deductions I might add),  pay for services that non-recipients have to pay for or be fined.  On top of that the non-recipients are paying higher premiums for care they don’t want and don’t need.

Obamacare has a direct effect over the majority of the people in the US, and you actually believe that two court rulings that are in complete opposition to one anotherwould not have a profound effect on this legislation.

News Buzzard wrote:Everyone pays for all of our tax breaks! What don't you understand about that?

Not everyone is paying.

Your “fair share” arguments hold no water until you can explain how somebody’s fair share can be zero.
Outerlimits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:45 pm

You didn't differentiate between your tax breaks and theirs. Many tax breaks are specific to the taxpayer, such as charitable contributions. By the way, I know what a tax credit is!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Time for a Reality Check with the Party that Runs Detroit...

Post  News Hawk on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Not an unusual data point at all, based on the polling trend -- but a timely reality check for the delusional "people love Obamacare!" propagandists.

But of those consumer who have been affected, they break two-to-one into the "worse off" camp. Obamacare is helping some people; mostly Americans with preexisting conditions (AIDS?) and those who are eligible for very generous subsidies. But it's hurting far more people. And a substantial majority oppose the law. Obamacare was pitched as a win/win for everyone, with no trade-offs and no losers. That has not been the case. Indeed, Politico is showcasing one class of Obamacare losers, who've encountered "access shock".
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/07/23/cnn-poll-twice-as-many-americans-hurt-by-obamacare-than-helped-n1865078

pale

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 am

The majority in this recent CNN poll say Obamacare is working:  Wink 

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obamacare-working-cnn-109272.html

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 am

The number of uninsured who now have insurance is 10.3 million!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nejm-10-million-uninsured-obamacare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 am

News Buzzard wrote:The number of uninsured who now have insurance is 10.3 million!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nejm-10-million-uninsured-obamacare

Sounds good "on paper".

Are they paying with their EBT cards?

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:34 pm

News Buzzard wrote:I think you should worry more about yourself and not what the other guy is getting, Red Hill. Social Security is a retirement/disability/death benefits program, and there are no guarantees. When it was implemented the spouse was usually the homemaker, and one of the purposes of the program was to provide some income for a surviving spouse. I have $20 thousand a year coming in from Social Security, but I don't know how long I'm going to live. If I live another 20 years that's $400 thousand.

Medicare was implemented back in 1965, largely because senior citizens couldn't get health insurance, and it is now a single payer system designed to cover our senior citizens during that part of their life when they have the most medical bills. My wife and I have run up over $400 thousand in medical bills over the last 6 months, and we're not done yet. I won't get into details, but it's suffice to say that we both have serious illnesses.

You're paying a boat load of money into these programs and I suspect you're self employed, Red Hill, but you have to think about your future and what may happen to you, and what the consequences could be if these programs go belly-up. My wife and I would be out on the street if we didn't have coverage!

I am self-employed. I do not believe SS will be there for me, so I have planned my retirement using other funds.

I believe that the government should be a safety net , not a way of life. I have no issue with either SS or Medicare, however, both plans have been bastardized into yet another give-away (SSDI abuses for example). I don't mind paying, I just don't want to keep paying more and more when some pay none. As a 15YO in my first job, I remember asking my dad why my paycheck went down one week- the student exemption was $3400 and I went over it. Now someone in a family of 4 has to make well over 50K to even start paying taxes (and is likely getting some fat tax credits).

red_hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:19 pm

At your age you can bet the ranch that Social Security will be there, Red Hill ! As far as tax breaks goes, the breaks on the high end, corporate and personal, outweigh the breaks on the low end.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:40 am

News Buzzard wrote:According to the New England Journal Of Medicine!     Very Happy 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/nejm-obamacare-progress-report

Fake applicants have been registered, and are receiving "benefits".

According to testimony to be delivered before a House Ways and Means subcommittee, undercover GAO investigators tried to obtain health plans for a dozen fictitious applicants online or by phone, using invalid or missing Social Security numbers or inaccurate citizenship information.

All but one of the fake applicants ended up getting subsidized coverage — and have kept it.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-25/obamafraud-gao-study-finds-almost-all-fake-applicants-are-approved-subsidized-obamac

Just more proof of a completely disconnected and incompetent Government—as if you needed any more evidence.

No 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top