Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Between Rattlesnake and Sleeper Islands:

http://www.wmur.com/news/powerboat-crashes-into-canoe/27161274#!bm9IXe

Fortunately the guy jumped out of the canoe!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  WHL on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:55 pm

What was going on at the town docks in Wolfeboro today around 12? The ambulance and fire dept were there.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:06 pm

As Saturdays go, WMUR has reported a lot of NH deaths.

As usual, the two-man crew of a powerboat on Sunapee got tossed out, and their boat continued on, as an unguided missile. The "Captain" says, "We hit a wave".

I say, where abouts was your lanyard?

Question


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Here is the Union Leader's story:
J
uly 26. 2014 2:29PM
Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee

ALTON — Authorities say an Idaho man escaped injury by jumping into the water as his Old Town canoe was about to be struck by a powerboat Friday afternoon.

New Hampshire Marine Patrol said the boating collision happened on Lake Winnipesaukee between Rattlesnake and Sleepers islands.

In a news release, the agency said Robert Johnson, 74, of East Bridgewater, Mass., was operating a 20-foot Centurian powerboat at about 30 miles an hour, heading east, when it collided with the canoe.

The canoeist, Robert Cavallaro, 50, of Driggs, Idaho, had seen a collision was imminent and jumped into the water. He was evaluated by emergency medical personnel for minor injuries.

The Marine Patrol said charges are pending, but alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in the crash, which happened shortly after 3:30 p.m.

Alton Fire and Rescue also responded to the incident.


_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:37 pm

20-foot Centurian powerboat



We've known for some time, that speedboaters "can't see kayaks"—now they have to come up with another reason for not paying attention to the water in front of them. (If they can see over their oversized deck, that is).

 No 


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 pm

For some reason I can not attach a photo so I will  have to link it...

Another photo of a 20' Centurion,,,this one is 2014 I believe....not too hard to see over the bow of this is it?  
It will be interesting to see what the investigation shows since the reports say alcohol was not involved and the boat was traveling at 30mph at 3:30 in the afternoon.

http://boats.iboats.com/2014-centurion-enzo-ss10/1486375.html

And this is a much better, and in focus, photo of the one News Hawk provided...with a far different perspective wouldn't you say?

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/29504

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  WHL on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 pm

I don't think you can attach a photo here, O. The one time I did, I had to go through photobucket.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:42 pm

WHL wrote:I don't think you can attach a photo here, O.  The one time I did, I had to go through photobucket.

Like Photobucket, this Wolfeboro/Gilford site permits one to post images, Click on the icon that displays "Host an image", and follow their simple instructions. (Well, simple to me,)  Very Happy 


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  WHL on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:49 am

Where do we find that icon, NH?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:28 am

It's left of the "Photo" icon, and only appears when one starts a reply.

 What a Face 



.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Sleep 


Last edited by obervantone on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Never mind.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Slow Down—and Look?

Post  News Hawk on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:59 am

Recent post at FATP:

I for one am glad the MP is around and appears to be doing a little more enforcement. People need to be thinking, "They might stop me", and maybe they will operate in a safer manner.

On the issue of kayaks and canoes in the lake - Did those people who have been carping about how kayaks and canoes have no place in the middle of the lake ever think, "If I slow down, maybe I would have a better chance of seeing them?" Me thinks no. I'm betting the thinking is more along the lines of, "those @*%& (!'s are ruining MY fun. They need to go." The person who said "selfish" was absolutely correct!

video, destin, offshore, crash, anchor, pelvis:

​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWJpFhGreXM
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 am

First the first time in several years, I'm being moderated at FATP.

scratch

I believe, years ago, FATP asked me to limit my posts to one a day—a request I have complied with. Now, two of my one-a-day posts (out of four posts) have been "banned" (for lack of a better word). Both of "the missing" relate to safety—specifically tubing and Loon poisoning by fishermen. Some will be "reinstated", but the thread will have "gone-stale" by then.

Why the flip-flop?

And why now?

scratch

avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

???

Post  obervantone on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:29 pm

What has that got to do with this forum, or a year old thread about a boating accident? That is an issue you need to take up THERE, NOT HERE!

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:59 pm

obervantone wrote:What has that got to do with this forum, or a year old thread about a boating accident?   That is an issue you need to take up THERE, NOT HERE!
1) I wanted to "bump" an old thread that could be relevant this season.

2) There is no "taking it up" THERE.

No
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Planning something?

Post  obervantone on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:01 pm

Your being banned again is a surprise to no one, don't whine about it here, no one cares! Sleep

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  WHL on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:22 am

When I responded to something on that forum, NH, I was told if I wanted to change the subject, I should start a new thread. Now how often, do people go completely off topic and never get reprimanded. And BTW, I didn't think it was too off topic, it kind of followed what was being discussed.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For "The Grubers" Among Us...

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 am

I recall that "admonition"...

obervantone wrote:Your being banned again is a surprise to no one, don't whine about it here, no one cares!  Sleep
I've never been "banned" from FATP. Besides, it's not a "ban". It's "moderation".

My comprehensive finding (#3) to the question of the raising of Lake Winnipesaukee's water level had to wait two days—and 8 posts.

http://winnipesaukee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=248664&postcount=3

(And answers all of the question—which may be why the Moderator keeps the thread "alive" in order to create more "advertisement-time").

Rolling Eyes

My "not-particularly-offensive" comment on Trump has still not made it to publication.

"Who controls the media controls outcomes."
.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:01 pm

This can't be right...it doesn't involve a high speed over sized ocean racer and we all know from reading It's-Not-News Hawks posts over the years, in his various adaptations so he can continue to post after "not being banned" that accidents involving canoes only happen because of high speed over sized ocean racers.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150719/NEWS07/150729968/0/SEARCH

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:20 pm

obervantone wrote:This can't be right...it doesn't involve a high speed over sized ocean racer and we all know from reading It's-Not-News Hawks posts over the years, in his various adaptations so he can continue to post after "not being banned" that accidents involving canoes only happen because of high speed over sized ocean racers.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150719/NEWS07/150729968/0/SEARCH

As the investigation isn't complete, it's early to assume that alcohol was involved. After all, alcohol fuels most Ocean Racers' speeding deaths.

Twisted Evil

avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 pm

It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
As the investigation isn't complete it's early to assume
That's odd....not having a complete investigation did not stop you from declaring the cause of this accident!  :
It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:57 am
Judging by the radius of the powerboat's turning while not under control, it appears the operator would have been ejected by hitting another boat's wake, and not by a "wrong" turn of the tiller. (Weekends bring out oversized boats on Lake Winnipesaukee).

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:40 pm

obervantone wrote:
It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
As the investigation isn't complete it's early to assume
That's odd....not having a complete investigation did not stop you from declaring the cause of this accident!  :
It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:57 am
Judging by the radius of the powerboat's turning while not under control, it appears the operator would have been ejected by hitting another boat's wake, and not by a "wrong" turn of the tiller. (Weekends bring out oversized boats on Lake Winnipesaukee).
Are you satisfied that both fatalities have completed investigations?

I'm not.

No

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  obervantone on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 pm

It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
Are you satisfied that both fatalities have completed investigations?

I'm not.
Of course you're not satisfied.  In the first accident, in spite of your claims to the contrary and without you having any corroborating evidence or knowledge to back up your claims that the gentleman was thrown overboard by the wake of an oversized high speed power boat, the accident was in fact caused by a steering cable that snapped, knocking the gentleman out of his boat, the stress causing a heart attack killing him....no overpowered high speed ocean racer involved...so certainly you are not satisfied.

In the latest drowning involving a canoe on Whitten Pond...it does not involve an overpowered high speed ocean racer because guess what?  There is NO PUBLIC ACCESS to the pond!

So obviously you are not satisfied, no high speed oversized ocean racer involved in either accident!

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  News Hawk on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:05 am

obervantone wrote:
It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
Are you satisfied that both fatalities have completed investigations?

I'm not.
Of course you're not satisfied.  In the first accident, in spite of your claims to the contrary and without you having any corroborating evidence or knowledge to back up your claims that the gentleman was thrown overboard by the wake of an oversized high speed power boat, the accident was in fact caused by a steering cable that snapped, knocking the gentleman out of his boat, the stress causing a heart attack killing him....no overpowered high speed ocean racer involved...so certainly you are not satisfied.

In the latest drowning involving a canoe on Whitten Pond...it does not involve an overpowered high speed ocean racer because guess what?  There is NO PUBLIC ACCESS to the pond!

So obviously you are not satisfied, no high speed oversized ocean racer involved in either accident!

WMUR's video showed lots of waves, the boat was making gentle circles, and the weather was fair.

• So, neither victim had been drinking to excess?

• What caused the steering cable to "snap"? Have you examined it, or seen a photo of it?

• Was he using the steering wheel or the outboard tiller (because the cable was inoperable?)

• Did the heart attack occur before or after the ejection?

scratch
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Powerboat Crashes Into A Canoe

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum