Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  Outerlimits on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 am

Obamacare plans have shrunk payments to physicians so much that some doctors say they won’t be able to afford to accept Obamacare coverage, NPR reports.

Many of the eight million sign-ups in Obamacare exchanges nationwide already face more limited choices for physicians and hospitals than those in the private insurance market. But with low physician reimbursement rates, the problem could get even worse.

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2014/August/04/A-Doctors-Perspective-On-Obamacare.aspx


This should not be a surprise. People were told this was going to happen. Now they have no choice, BUT to believe it although I am guessing some will still deny it.

The far greater problem has been the restrictive Obamacare networks (nearly a third of the hospitals in NH will not take O-care), not so much that docs are refusing care. What is happening is that many patients are finding that their doctors are not on their Obamacare physician panel after enrolling. This can save the plan a lot of money as people are then discouraged to get care.

The economy has always been driven by supply and demand, and a healthy working economy always will be.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  WHL on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:37 pm

And this from NPR??? But do you think despite that, that NB will believe it?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  Outerlimits on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Not a chance WHL.
 
Do the Math: Obamacare Won't Change the Number of Uninsured - This from the ultra-liberal Huffington Post.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/munir-moon/do-the-math-obamacare-won_b_4692510.html
 
Yet, in the end the ACA does not address the real issue of what makes health care unaffordable to so many, which is the cost and the high price of health care itself, not the health insurance coverage
 
BINGO!!!
 
Obamacare will not insure nearly the number of Americans as was touted by the Administration.  The CBO has been saying this for a long time yet it falls on eyes with blinders and ears with ear plugs.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  WHL on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Bingo is right!!!!!

What we needed was real health care reform, reducing costs by being more efficient. Instead we got a program that is nothing more than a few being added to an almost useless healthcare plan with taxpayers still paying for it. We paid for those who couldn't afford it before and we are still paying. What is the difference except maybe those on Obamacare can't get covered at all now!
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:01 pm

The problem in New Hampshire will go away next year when we get 4 more insurance companies in the state. You're all talking like you'll be able to get rid of Obamacare.  Rolling Eyes  That racist stunt by the GOP with their faux immigration law will pop Hillary up by another 10 points. Obama got 77% of the Hispanic vote and Hillary will get 100%. She'll also get 100% of the African American vote. Game time=Hillary. Then you can all keep bitching about Obamacare for another 8 years!!  Smile

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:08 pm

It's pretty desperate when you have to attach an article from February to make a point. It has already been established that 10 million people, previously uninsured, now have insurance as a result of Obamacare. That's the Republican game plan: Resort to lies and distortions to get your point across!!!

Good luck with trying to get rid of Obamacare!!!     Laughing

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:25 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...It has already been established that 10 million people, previously uninsured, now have insurance as a result of Obamacare..."
Just who are these 10 million people? Does that include the foreigners who Obama invited to the Party?

News Buzzard wrote:"...Good luck with trying to get rid of Obamacare!!!     Laughing
Are you glad the Allies won WWII?

Question

Our enemies had the same attitude.

No


.




_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Outerlimits wrote:"...Obamacare will not insure nearly the number of Americans as was touted by the Administration..."  
Yes, but you can keep your doctor!

 Evil or Very Mad 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:27 pm

A couple of deep red states have really done well with Obamacare:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2014/08/05/obamacare-causes-steep-drop-in-uninsured-in-deep-red-states/

It's coincidental that both of those states have tight Senate races!  Smile

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Does It Matter?

Post  News Hawk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...A couple of deep red states have really done well with Obamacare..."

"...It's coincidental that both of those states have tight Senate races...!"  Smile

Obama lied to get Obamacare, and will cheat to see that the elections are bloated with fraudulent votes.

 Evil or Very Mad 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  Outerlimits on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 am

News Buzzard wrote:...That racist stunt by the GOP with their faux immigration law will pop Hillary up by another 10 points. Obama got 77% of the Hispanic vote and Hillary will get 100%. She'll also get 100% of the African American vote. Game time=Hillary. Then you can all keep bitching about Obamacare for another 8 years!!  Smile


Futile I’ll give you… But Racist??? Well that is just another over-the-top load of crap from the left wing moonbat propaganda press.


By the way….

Would you happen to have the next Powerball numbers?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

I hope Hillary wins the nomination. She is much older than her years, her health is questionable and she is not very likable…not to mention the boatload of skeletons in her closet.

The only thing she has going for her is that she is much smarter and more ambitious than the current occupant of the Whitehouse…but about as accountable. While you think Obama has done a great job, every poll indicates you are in the minority and to believe the electorate will want four more years (or even your laughable 8 is really out there). Sure liberals will blindly follow the Clintons but they only make up 15% of the population. The rest of the population would probably see a 70 year old former first lady as a major step backwards.

While we are looking at reality, it’s also a well-established fact, people don’t like Obamacare. Remember, Obamacare cost the Democrats the House and may give the Senate away this fall. Obamacare’s future is certainly in question. The law was written so poorly that the question of Federal subsidies will certainly go to the Supreme Court.

If you haven’t been keeping up on current events, Obama’s interpretation of the Constitution and our laws has not held up very well there lately.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Your full of bull about Hillary's health, (like everything else) and she doesn't really need to be very healthy to beat whichever fool you put up!!  Smile 

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Voices/2014/0805/House-Republicans-dooming-2016-nominee-with-Latino-voters

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  Outerlimits on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:07 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Your full of bull about Hillary's health, (like everything else) and she doesn't really need to be very healthy to beat whichever fool you put up!!  Smile 
 
Really?  That is what you take exception to?  Hillary’s health questions?
 
You don’t know the true status of Hillary’s health any more than I do. -That is assuming you don’t have a cousin Hillary to go along with your half-brother Obama.
 
It is the perception that her health is questionable.  Fact or fiction...who knows but it is a fact she would be nearly 70 by the time she took office.
 
Personally, her age and health wouldn’t make the top ten pages of why I wouldn’t want her near the Oval Office.  
 
Now what about the “everything else” you mentioned?  Tell me where I am mistaken.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:30 pm

All of your rants are fact free! That's the conservative way!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  red_hill on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:11 pm

News Buzzard wrote:All of your rants are fact free! That's the conservative way!

Fact free? Let me break it down:

1)she is much smarter and more ambitious than the current occupant of the Whitehouse- Fact
2)you think Obama has done a great job, every poll indicates you are in the minority- Fact
3)The law was written so poorly that the question of Federal subsidies will certainly go to the Supreme Court- Fact

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Florida's Rejection of DemoCare...

Post  News Hawk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:24 pm


For some patients, though, the elation they felt about being insured has been tempered with rejection at doctors’ offices.

Sal Morales, 48, of Kendall, said a physician and her staff humiliated him when he tried to make an appointment at her Hialeah office earlier this year.

“They made me feel really bad,’’ said Morales, who bought a Florida Blue plan in March and qualified for subsidies to help pay his monthly premium and out-of-pocket costs. “I felt, seriously, like I had a horrible disease that they couldn’t, or wouldn’t, or didn’t want to cure, or at least see and examine.’’

Morales, who lost his employer-provided health insurance in October when he was laid off from his job as a TV producer, said he has been turned away by at least three primary care physicians who are in his plan’s provider network.

“I actually went to a doctor,’’ he said, “and in the lobby they had an 11-by-14-inch sign in bright yellow that said, ‘We do not accept anything from the marketplace [Obamacare]’.’’

But Morales said the worst experience was standing by at another doctor’s office as the receptionist called Florida Blue to verify his coverage.

“They got into a screaming match with the receptionist, a lab technician and even the doctor — and me at the dividing wall, listening to all this, with about 17 patients in that little room listening to the fact that I had what I thought was the worst insurance on the face of the earth.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/12/4231632/some-south-florida-docs-decline.html#storylink=cpy

It's not over...

No


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Here is another fact: Obama won twice, despite Outerlimit's solid polling that he was going to lose in 2012!

Here is another one: Obamacare has survived all attacks from the right and is successful. Multiple outlets have reported that a net amount of 10 million more Americans now have insurance as a result of Obamacare. That is a fact!

Despite Outerlimits subjective assertions of health insurance premiums going up 100%, multiple outlets have reported that the average increase in premiums next year will be 7.5%! That is a fact!

As far as the latest bogus lawsuit getting to the Supreme Court I wouldn't put that in the Fact column yet. If the full court in DC rules on the case they'll probably overturn the 2 Republican hacks that made that decision, therefore the Supreme Court may not hear the case. So much for your facts.

Outerlimits and his flunkies have been trying to scare us for years now that we will have a bond crisis and rampant inflation as a result of the Federal Reserve's actions to stimulate the economy. Neither has happened. That is a fact!

Outerlimits and his flunkies constantly rail against the economy, but it grew at a 4% rate in the second quarter and we have a net gain of over 200 thousand jobs a month for the last 6 months in a row, and the unemployment rate is now 6.2%, not the 10% unemployment rate the Bush economy brought us. That is a fact.

Here is another solid subjective opinion, Red Hill: Hillary wins big in 2016, and if you don't think so, which bozo in the Republican party is going to beat her?

Are there any other facts you would like to discuss, Red Hill?

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  red_hill on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Here is another fact: Obama won twice, despite Outerlimit's solid polling that he was going to lose in 2012!

Here is another one: Obamacare has survived all attacks from the right and is successful. Multiple outlets have reported that a net amount of 10 million more Americans now have insurance as a result of Obamacare. That is a fact!

Despite Outerlimits subjective assertions of health insurance premiums going up 100%, multiple outlets have reported that the average increase in premiums next year will be 7.5%! That is a fact!

As far as the latest bogus lawsuit getting to the Supreme Court I wouldn't put that in the Fact column yet. If the full court in DC rules on the case they'll probably overturn the 2 Republican hacks that made that decision, therefore the Supreme Court may not hear the case. So much for your facts.

Outerlimits and his flunkies have been trying to scare us for years now that we will have a bond crisis and rampant inflation as a result of the Federal Reserve's actions to stimulate the economy. Neither has happened. That is a fact!

Outerlimits and his flunkies constantly rail against the economy, but it grew at a 4% rate in the second quarter and we have a net gain of over 200 thousand jobs a month for the last 6 months in a row, and the unemployment rate is now 6.2%, not the 10% unemployment rate the Bush economy brought us. That is a fact.

Here is another solid subjective opinion, Red Hill: Hillary wins big in 2016, and if you don't think so, which bozo in the Republican party is going to beat her?

Are there any other facts you would like to discuss, Red Hill?
Yes, let's start with the FACT that Hilary Clinton is not a candidate. The second is that no Rs have declared. The third is that Liz Warren would likely beat her in a primary.

We discussed the unemployment rate the other day. You decided to ignore my comment on the labor participation rate (the same one that Ari Rabin-Havt was discussing with one of his experts who agreed it was not good and a more important indicator of economic health than the unemployment rate itself). That same expert noted that 250K jobs added was adequate at best.

Here is a fact that most rational people will agree with- Obama has been a disaster as a President.

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Hawk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 pm

News Buzzard wrote:"...Here is another solid subjective opinion, Red Hill: Hillary wins big in 2016, and if you don't think so, which bozo in the Republican party is going to beat her...?"
I guess we're stuck, Red Hill.

 Sad 

Only the Democrap Party has bozos...

 Arrow 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 pm

red_hill wrote:Here is a fact that most rational people will agree with- Obama has been a disaster as a President.

You're following the Republican playbook by declaring subjectivity as fact. Here is the fact:

Electoral College

Obama        332 Votes

   Romney       206 Votes


There are a lot of sore losers around here!!       Rolling Eyes

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  red_hill on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
red_hill wrote:Here is a fact that most rational people will agree with- Obama has been a disaster as a President.

You're following the Republican playbook by declaring subjectivity as fact. Here is the fact:

Electoral College

Obama        332 Votes

   Romney       206 Votes


There are a lot of sore losers around here!!       Rolling Eyes

Ummmm... that is ancient history.

Now how about that labor participation rate? I can't wait for you to tell us that it is a meaningless factoid!!

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  red_hill on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

News Hawk wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:"...Here is another solid subjective opinion, Red Hill: Hillary wins big in 2016, and if you don't think so, which bozo in the Republican party is going to beat her...?"
I guess we're stuck, Red Hill.

 Sad 

Only the Democrap Party has bozos...

 Arrow 


.
LOL, let's see who runs before we start declaring winners!!

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 pm

The Labor Force Participation Rate is a little higher than the last 60 year average:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

So what's your point?

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Hawk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The Labor Force Participation Rate is a little higher than the last 60 year average:

Isn't everything higher when Obama's stooges do the counting?

scratch


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 pm

You'll never let the facts get in your way!!!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum