Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today...

+3
News Pigeon
WHL
News Hawk
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today... - Page 4 Empty Re: Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today...

Post  obervantone Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 pm

WHL, you could check with the Sec of State's office and they could probably tell you where to look.  It appears the law was amended a few times....the dates at the bottom of the law will give you the dates, but not what was changed.

Source. 1976, 6:1. 1977, 140:1. 1987, 370:5. 1989, 209:1. 2006, 234:2, eff. June 1, 2006.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today... - Page 4 Empty Re: Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today...

Post  WHL Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 pm

It doesn't matter that much. What is, is.

Hey NH, did you get just a little in harm's way today with all the boat waves? I bet you weren't happy.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Not ONE—But TWO—NHMPs in Winter Harbor Today... - Page 4 Empty Three Things...

Post  News Hawk Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Two of us were out, but weren't particularly fazed by the wakes. (There wasn't enough wind to make a real "wave"). I saw "your" boat twice over the Holiday weekend.

Smile

WHL wrote:I actually think I was the first person to suggest that cowboy reputation.  My insurance agent said it years ago and I posted it when all this speed limit stuff started.    I then noticed it got picked up on.  I wish I had never mentioned it.
1) About 6:30 today, while dining, I watched a 23-foot speedboat with one skipper (and one tiny passenger) do various "doughnuts" in the middle of Winter Harbor. My thought at the time, was that "cowboy" should go back to his Jet-ski!

No

2) Two Holiday crashes in the Lakes Region involved drunks from Massachusetts!

(One hit a tree!)

Evil or Very Mad

3) A Marine Patrol officer entered Winter Harbor at top speed, with lights and siren on. He wasn't catching up with a very noisy speedboat, as both disappeared from sight (to a dead-end). About ½-hour later, the MP reappeared, coming from the direction of Piping Rock Cottages.

(Just enough time to issue a summons!)

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:16 am

I saw you twice too. But I didn't think you saw me. I know you waved but I was in the back and by the time I saw you you didn't even look. Snob. I was hoping we didn't rock you too much.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:42 am

You were pretty far away, and I didn't want to make too much of it, as there is a similar boat to yours out there.

As noise went on this weekend, it wasn't too bad. I heard a few pass by in a two-minute span, but I was up at the top of the hill at the time, and heavy forest hid my view of them.

Without good wind, it's hard to sail fast enough to get soaked by a wake. Yesterday was a delightful day in the sun.

sunny
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm

It was a perfect day!!!! Very Happy
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

One little item that cost thousands of dollars and months of lost time to comply with.

Now, multiply that by the thousands upon thousands of rules, codes, edicts and regulations that the compliance state demands you stay ahead of.

And how many you are not in compliance with.

And how quickly you'll be found as the surveillance state expands.

Shocked

WHL wrote:I don't know what they do now but they did "invite" you to go out to Timber Island.  The owner drove the boat and an officer rode along with them.  The patrol boat was moored off Timber with his decibel tester.  You make a couple of swings by as I recall at different speeds.  I know this because we were "invited" to go there.  It was always on a Sunday morning.  When we bought our boat we bought it because I loved the way it looks, we didn't realize it was illegal for this lake.  We had it for probably ten years before we finally got stopped.  WE had to go out there several times before it finally passed, each time the marina tried to make it legal and finally succeeded.  It costs us a lot to get it fixed.  I guess if they had known in the first place what it needed, it might not have cost us so much.  In the meantime we couldn't use the boat for the whole summer.  I was in the boat with the officer the last time and we squeaked by.  He told me he appreciated that we were so nice after so much frustration.  I asked if people really gave him a hard time and he said you wouldn't believe it.  But I don't know if they still do that now.  It was an experience I can tell you that.  It's kind of funny now but at the time it wasn't, it was very frustrating. I don't know how a boat that is illegal can be sold.  

Last edited by Anti Federalist on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Oh no kidding!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4