Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:05 pm

They're leaving billions of dollars and thousands of jobs on the table if they don't:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2014/08/10/red-states-pressured-to-expand-medicaid-as-care-contrasts-emerge/?partner=yahootix

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 pm

The 24 states that refused the Medicaid expansion are leaving $426 billion on the table!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/08/11/another-argument-against-the-medicaid-expansion-just-got-weaker/

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Hawk on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The 24 states that refused the Medicaid expansion are leaving $426 billion on the table!!

WOW!! $426 Billion FREE dollars!

Where are my winnings?

 Question 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  WHL on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:31 am

Maybe we will get some of our taxes back!!!! Yeah, sure.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:47 am

News Hawk wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:The 24 states that refused the Medicaid expansion are leaving $426 billion on the table!!

WOW!! $426 Billion FREE dollars!

Where are my winnings?

You enjoy socialized healthcare, better known as Medicare!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Pigeon on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 am

And tax-subsidized winters in paradise....typical, wants his share but denies others!!!!

_________________
The health of a democracy is dependent on an educated citizenry. Political illiteracy is the manure for the flourishing of political appeals based on sheer ignorance.
avatar
News Pigeon

Posts : 622
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 am

News Pigeon wrote:And tax-subsidized winters in paradise....typical, wants his share but denies others!!!!

The rules only apply to the other guy, don't you know? I want to see what some of the younger conservatives think about Medicare when they come of age, and what will happen to them if the government hands them a voucher! By the time they're 75 years old they won't be able to afford health insurance anymore and one illness (usually happens near end of life) will bankrupt them. That's like going back to the '50s and '60s, when seniors were having trouble getting health insurance, but history seems doomed to repeat itself.

The claim here on the Forum Of Gloom is that the country is broke, meanwhile we're the richest country in the world and our upper crust has trillions parked offshore. How convenient; hide your money and say we're broke. It's the American way!!  Rolling Eyes

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Pigeon on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 am

True... true ...&. true......I guess the least informed will always squeal the loudest.

_________________
The health of a democracy is dependent on an educated citizenry. Political illiteracy is the manure for the flourishing of political appeals based on sheer ignorance.
avatar
News Pigeon

Posts : 622
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I've never had one...but...

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:26 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...I want to see what some of the younger conservatives think about Medicare when they come of age, and what will happen to them if the government hands them a voucher!

Younger conservatives realize that Government doesn't owe them a living. They'll scratch at jobs until they can prepare for their futures—and not give Government largess a thought. (And won't need vouchers, either).  

News Buzzard wrote:"...The claim here on the Forum Of Gloom is that the country is broke, meanwhile we're the richest country in the world and our upper crust has trillions parked offshore. How convenient; hide your money and say we're broke. It's the American way!!  Rolling Eyes

Broke? Only Hillary has mentioned being "broke". Perhaps that's why White House dinnerware went missing?

A thought: why doesn't Lois Lerner attach one of her new 1600 Obama-supplied IRS agents to view every safe deposit box, as it is opened by the renter?

(Once a year)...

Y'know—so "The Rich" pay their fair share?

 pirat 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am

News Hawk wrote:Younger conservatives realize that Government doesn't owe them a living. They'll scratch at jobs until they can prepare for their futures—and not give Government largess a thought. (And won't need vouchers, either).

Do you really think, at your age, that you could afford health insurance or the bills from a hospital for one serious illness? I know you would never admit it to me but you're kissing the ground in thanks for your Medicare coverage. The problem with too many Americans is they won't look past their own nose and see what's good for the country. If you don't have Medicare (and I know you do) you should seriously think about family trusts and the Uniform Gift Tax Exclusion under IRS rules, so a hospital doesn't take away everything you own from you when you get sick. That exclusion is administered by the Cincinnati office. (Remember Lois Lerner?)

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  red_hill on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Hawk wrote:Younger conservatives realize that Government doesn't owe them a living. They'll scratch at jobs until they can prepare for their futures—and not give Government largess a thought. (And won't need vouchers, either).

Do you really think, at your age, that you could afford health insurance or the bills from a hospital for one serious illness? I know you would never admit it to me but you're kissing the ground in thanks for your Medicare coverage. The problem with too many Americans is they won't look past their own nose and see what's good for the country. If you don't have Medicare (and I know you do) you should seriously think about family trusts and the Uniform Gift Tax Exclusion under IRS rules, so a hospital doesn't take away everything you own from you when you get sick. That exclusion is administered by the Cincinnati office. (Remember Lois Lerner?)
You are mixing apples and oranges- Medicare is a program I have been paying into my entire life. I expect it will change over my lifetime. Medicaid is not paid into by those that it serves.

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Buzzard on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

News Hawk mixed the apples and oranges, not me, and I seriously doubt it will change in your lifetime. That's just wishful thinking on the conservative's part. Medicaid is paid into by everyone through taxes, and now through the taxes incorporated with Obamacare.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  WHL on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm

News Pigeon wrote:And tax-subsidized winters in paradise....typical, wants his share but denies others!!!!

Don't you think it's time you dropped that lie? NH has as much right to get a tax deduction on his home in Fl as you do. I am sure you take advantage of it! He is a resident there, why can't he?
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:52 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Do you really think, at your age, that you could afford health insurance or the bills from a hospital for one serious illness?
I already have—for one serious operation. (That Obama won't permit a test for).

News Buzzard wrote:The problem with too many Americans is they won't look past their own nose and see what's good for the country.
I was counting on my Veterans Benefits, just to learn they'd been struck down by Obama in 2009.
(Mentioned that earlier this year).

News Buzzard wrote:That exclusion is administered by the Cincinnati office. (Remember Lois Lerner?)

I remember Lois Lerner—she's the IRS official whose computer hard drive crashed—along with nearly a dozen other Obama officials. Strange, isn't it?

That's why I mentioned your bank's safety deposit box.

Cough it up.

 Arrow 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  News Hawk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:03 pm

red_hill wrote:"...Medicare is a program I have been paying into my entire life. I expect it will change over my lifetime.

Remember Social Security numbers "Were Not for Identification"?

 No 

Now, Americans get them forced upon them at birth—and many thousands (millions?) of those numbers have been stolen by non-Americans!

My opinion, based on a colleague's experience working for the USPS Inspector's office,  is that the U.S. Government is still writing checks for those who are NOT entitled to OUR money!

 Evil or Very Mad 

Make that millions in South Carolina alone!

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/19925841/millions-of-south-carolinians-personal-information-stolen

Remember, that two billion Government dollars are stolen from ONE Florida County every year.

 No 


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Red States Pressured To Expand Medicaid

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum