Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Politics = Minimum Wage Laws

Post  News Hawk on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:20 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:So as long as they hide the cost increases in the price you are ok with that.  If they put it right out there for you, you won't go to that restaurant?

That's right. I don't want politics involved with it..."


scratch


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  WHL on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:58 pm

WE also tip generously in a restaurant but a lot of people don't. And honestly, I would be just as happy if they did do away with tips and pay them more.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  News Hawk on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:57 pm

red_hill wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Why can some companies take care of their employees and have reasonable prices, like Market Basket? Why is it that the city of Seattle has the highest minimum wage in the country, and yet only has a 4% unemployment rate? That all flies in the face of your argument! I'm thinking this is all a moot point anyway, because most outfits probably pay more than minimum wage.
Seattle just enacted their 15 dollar wage- we have no idea what the impact will be!

Seattle is also building apartments for their $15 wage-winners. "Micro-Apartments"!

No parking spaces allotted or mandated...

Shocked




.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  News Hawk on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 am

News Buzzard wrote:The person who gets the raise spends more money. That's been a proven scenario, over and over.

How do people with no money stimulate an economy?

scratch


.


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  WHL on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 pm

They spend more because it costs them more as the price of "things" goes up. They spend more but get the same amount of product.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6036
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  News Hawk on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:17 pm


Seattle's $15 Minimum wage limbo keeps small business owners up at night.



Ethan and Angela Stowell own 10 neighborhood restaurants in Seattle. They have decided not to move forward on two new restaurants because of uncertainty over the minimum wage.

As the Seattle City Council continues to debate a plan to phase in a $15 minimum wage, and as minimum wage advocates gather signatures to put an even stronger measure on the November ballot, businesses in the city are finding themselves in an uncomfortable position: in limbo.

Many businesses report putting off hiring, expansion or investment decisions until the outcome of the minimum wage debate is clear.

“People are just scared and they don’t know what’s going to happen,” said Angela Stowell, who co-owns 10 restaurants in the city. “They’re paralyzed by the uncertainty.”

No New Toy Store.
http://kuow.org/post/minimum-wage-limbo-keeps-small-business-owners-night

The small business owners voted for the minimum wage, and now "everything's on hold".

No


.


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7959
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Minimum Wage for New Hampshire?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum