50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Wise Man Once Said...

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:58 am

WHL wrote:We are not talking about SS and Medicare, NB.   You say that every time.   We are talking about welfare To which none of the recipients have contributed.  

And of course there are some who truly need welfare but when you get to fourth generation welfare, it has just become a way of life.  

"Poor people don’t make bad decisions because they are poor. They are poor because they make bad decisions".

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  WHL on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 am

Heard someone on tv last night say: " Taking money from the rich doesn't make the poor richer, it just makes the rich poorer".
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:19 am

The reason why the poor are still poor is because the top 1% of the world owns 50% of the world's wealth! (as of next year) No person in their right mind can think of that scenario as being healthy, and in another generation the party of the angry old white guys will disappear. You can't keep fooling people forever. The Koch brothers don't have that much money!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  WHL on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 am

That is a stupid statement. The poor are poor either because they want to be- because they are too lazy or they don't KNOW HOW to make something of themselves because they have had no role models.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:01 pm

WHL wrote:That is a stupid statement.  The poor are poor either because they want to be- because they are too lazy or they don't KNOW HOW to make something of themselves because they have had no role models.  

News Buzzard thinks he's doing great as "Robin Hood" from Bugs Bunny!

The truth actually appeared in the New York Times:

New York Times Review

 
Rob the Rich? Give to the Poor? Oh, Puh-leeze!

Who was Robin Hood? As with any long-lived figure in the popular imagination — and the legend of the outlaw of Sherwood Forest and his Merry Men goes back to the Middle Ages — the answer changes with the times. In the movies he has been played most memorably by Errol Flynn, most forgettably by Kevin Costner and now, least merrily, by Russell Crowe.

In the long, bloody, self-serious new version of the legend, directed by Ridley Scott from a script by Brian Helgeland, Robin is not “Hood” at all, but Longstride, an archer in the army of King Richard the Lionheart on his way home from the Crusades. Perhaps taking its cue from the recent spate of superhero origin stories, “Robin Hood” takes us back to the character’s early life, and shows how he became the mischievous outlaw of future Mel Brooks and Bugs Bunny spoofs.

You may have heard that Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor, but that was just liberal media propaganda. This Robin is no socialist bandit practicing freelance wealth redistribution, but rather a manly libertarian rebel striking out against high taxes and a big government scheme to trample the ancient liberties of property owners and provincial nobles..."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/14/movies/14robin.html?_r=0

drunken


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  Outerlimits on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:32 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The reason why the poor are still poor is because the top 1% of the world owns 50% of the world's wealth! (as of next year) No person in their right mind can think of that scenario as being healthy, and in another generation the party of the angry old white guys will disappear. You can't keep fooling people forever. The Koch brothers don't have that much money!


Obama raised the tax rate on capital gains from 15% to 23%.....where's the extra revenue? Where did that help the middle class?

Obama pushed obamacare upon us to help the middle class. Where's all that windfall? How did that help the middle class?

Obama pushed through an $800 BILLION DOLLAR "stimulus"...how did that help the middle class & poor?

6 years in office spouting populist BS on a bunch of suckers, why has the income gap widened under Obama?

Perhaps the government should stop trying to help the middle class, they can't afford it anymore.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Why don't you take a look at the facts next time before you make such a ridiculous statement. Most of the income gains have been going to the wealthy and the tax hikes you rail about are hardly enough to pay for the wars and recession. You're in denial if you think the stimulus didn't help. The bottom line is the Republicans have done nothing over the last 6 years and their continuing radical agenda is going nowhere!! You can babble all you want but what I said is what will happen. At last count I think you have about a dozen clowns in your circus for the Republican nomination!! That should be fun to watch!! Razz

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  Outerlimits on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

5 trillion dollars has been taken away from the 1% for 50 years under the guise of war on poverty. How much of it did you get? If you think taxing the 1% will add anything to your paycheck you are just wrong.

Most middle class people do not "hate" the one percent. In fact, many of these people dream about "being" a part of the one percent.

This is not about economic "classes," it is about political ideology, and those on the left who routinely disparage the people who make up the one percent do not usually "hate" them either. They are just making the case to try to take what these people have from them in order to allocate it according to their own preferences.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 pm

It is only about economic classes, and an improving economy propels Obama to a 50% approval rating. So you're good with the top 1% of the world's population owning 50% of the world's wealth??? Better lock your doors!!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Hawk on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:23 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It is only about economic classes, and an improving economy propels Obama to a 50% approval rating. So you're good with the top 1% of the world's population owning 50% of the world's wealth??? Better lock your doors!!

One hundred and eleven Billionaires live in California. What could go wrong?

scratch


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Hawk on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm

News Buzzard wrote:The reason why the poor are still poor is because the top 1% of the world owns 50% of the world's wealth!

Would you include Wolfeboro's Marriott family in that 1%?

scratch


.
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  WHL on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 pm

People are poor because other people are rich. That makes lot of sense.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:03 pm

News Hawk wrote:Would you include Wolfeboro's Marriott family in that 1%?
The Marriott family lives in Tuftonboro, and yes, they are part of the top 1% in wealth in this country.

Where do you really live????

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Y'know—The Pigeon Drop...

Post  News Hawk on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:03 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Where do you really live????

You can inquire of this New Hampshire forum's Internet Stalker. (You know the one—the one who craps every so often to give the Commie's side of the story).

News Buzzard wrote:
News Hawk wrote:Would you include Wolfeboro's Marriott family in that 1%?
The Marriott family lives in Tuftonboro, and yes, they are part of the top 1% in wealth in this country.
I think of the Marriott family every time I visit Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro.

I love you


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:45 pm

The person you attack lives where you say you live. (for tax purposes of course!)

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Hawk on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm




.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  Outerlimits on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:19 am

News Buzzard wrote:So you're good with the top 1% of the world's population owning 50% of the world's wealth??? Better lock your doors!!


Lock my doors???

I have never been robbed or assaulted by a rich person and I’ve never seen billionaire loot a store or deal drugs to school age children.

Lock my doors??? Seriously?


Feel free to donate half your wealth to the world’s poor. You'll still be in the top 1% of the world’s population.

After Obama’s preemptive veto strike and the Senate Democrats publically preparing to filibuster, how could any clear thinking person claim the Republicans will be at fault for not getting things done? That’s the same level headed thinking that suggests Bush was solely responsible for the recession and Obama is not responsible for the debt he incurred.

By the way…Billary is not left enough for the progressives that have hijacked the Democrat party. She will NEVER get the nomination.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Buzzard on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:30 am

Outerlimits wrote:She will NEVER get the nomination.

lol!lol!lol!lol!

Thanks for the laugh!! Very Happy

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Pigeon on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:51 am

News Hawk wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:Where do you really live????

You can inquire of this New Hampshire forum's Internet Stalker. (You know the one—the one who craps every so often to give the Commie's side of the story).

Oh, poor pookie-wookie...you really must get over your obsession with me, I've told you repeatedly, I'm just NOT into you or your kind Rolling Eyes
May I suggest you restrict your trolling to the Alex Jones website, it's your type of people...

_________________
The health of a democracy is dependent on an educated citizenry. Political illiteracy is the manure for the flourishing of political appeals based on sheer ignorance.
avatar
News Pigeon

Posts : 622
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  Outerlimits on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:47 pm

News Buzzard wrote:It is only about economic classes, and an improving economy propels Obama to a 50% approval rating.

Propelled by lies and deception.

QE has increased asset prices as a result of printing more money.

The value of money itself diminishes therefore making the value of other financial assets increase. When financial assets increase in value, the rich get richer.

For those without financial assets, well they are stuck with dollars that are worth less. They get poorer.

The Obama administration is responsible for the wealth gap widening by promoting QE.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Pigeon on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

The QE programs of the U.S. Federal Reserve likely contributed to:

   Lower interest rates for corporate bonds and mortgage rates, helping support housing prices;
   Higher stock market valuation, in terms of a higher price-earnings ratio for the S&P 500 index;
   Increased inflation rate and investor's expectations for future inflation;
   Higher rate of job creation;
   Higher rate of GDP growth.

It's a "mixed bag" that was a last resort effort when the world economy tanked because of greed.....

_________________
The health of a democracy is dependent on an educated citizenry. Political illiteracy is the manure for the flourishing of political appeals based on sheer ignorance.
avatar
News Pigeon

Posts : 622
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  News Hawk on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:30 am


A solution for the mess that
> U.K./America/Canada/Australia/England is now in economically.
>
> I bought a bird feeder.. I hung it
> on my back porch and filled it
> with seed. What a beauty of
> a bird feeder it was, as I filled it
> lovingly with seed.
>
> Within a week we had hundreds of birds
> taking advantage of the
> continuous flow of free and
> easily accessible food.
> But then the birds started
> building nests in the boards
> of the patio, above the table
> and next to the barbecue.
> Then came the poop. It was
> everywhere: on the patio tile,
> the chairs, the table ......
> everywhere!
> Then some of the birds
> turned mean. They would
> dive bomb me and try to
> peck me even though I had
> fed them out of my own
> pocket.
> And other birds were
> boisterous and loud. They
> sat on the feeder and
> squawked and screamed at
> all hours of the day and night
> and demanded that I fill it
> when it got low on food.
> After a while, I couldn't even
> sit on my own back porch
> anymore. So I took down the
> bird feeder and in three days
> the birds were gone. I cleaned
> up their mess and took down
> the many nests they had built
> all over the patio.
> Soon, the back yard was like
> it used to be ......... quiet, serene....
> and no one demanding their
> rights to a free meal.
> Now let's see......
>
> Our government gives out
> free food, subsidized housing,
> free medical care and free
> education, and allows anyone
> born here to be an automatic
> citizen.

> Then the illegal's came by the
> tens of thousands. Suddenly
> our taxes went up to pay for
> free services; small apartments
> are housing 5 families; you
> have to wait 6 hours to be seen
> by an emergency room doctor;
> Your child's second grade class is
> behind other schools because
> over half the class doesn't speak
> English.
>
> Corn Flakes now come in a
> bilingual box; I have to
> 'press one ' to hear my bank
> talk to me in English, and
> people waving flags other
> than ”ours” are
> squawking and screaming
> in the streets, demanding
> more rights and free liberties.
> Just my opinion, but maybe
> it's time for the government
> to take down the bird feeder.
> If you agree, pass it on; if not,
> just continue cleaning up the poop!


Twisted Evil


_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  WHL on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:37 am

I agree.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6034
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 Years Later, The Poor Are Still "Poor"...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum