Be careful what you wish for GOP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be careful what you wish for GOP

Post  obervantone on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Republicans have filed suit against the President over Obamacare...

They couldn't derail it legislatively so now they are looking to "activist" judges to do their political dirty work...
Congressional Republicans have all opposed the health care overhaul, and the House has voted more than 50 times to repeal it.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/11/22/house-gop-sues-obama-administration-health-law/mwrwa1o3zhcoUK3BXSGZAP/story.html
So riddle me this all you legal know-it-all's...If Republicans are allowed to proceed with a lawsuit against the President of the United States for actions taken in the execution of his office, what will allow a 10 taxpayer lawsuit against Republicans in Congress on the same grounds?

Like my sainted mother used to say, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Last edited by obervantone on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Allow, not prevent.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be careful what you wish for GOP

Post  News Buzzard on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Boehner is suing Obama for doing what the Republicans asked him to do. I'm not surprised by the apparent mental instability of the Republican party!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 pm

obervantone wrote:Republicans have filed suit against the President over Obamacare...

They couldn't derail it legislatively so now they are looking to "activist" judges to do their political dirty work...
Congressional Republicans have all opposed the health care overhaul, and the House has voted more than 50 times to repeal it.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/11/22/house-gop-sues-obama-administration-health-law/mwrwa1o3zhcoUK3BXSGZAP/story.html
So riddle me this all you legal know-it-all's...If Republicans are allowed to proceed with a lawsuit against the President of the United States for actions taken in the execution of his office, what will allow a 10 taxpayer lawsuit against Republicans in Congress on the same grounds?

Like my sainted mother used to say, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

The Republican's lawsuit is two-fold—here is the second part:

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has said the administration would pay roughly $3 billion to insurance companies in 2014, and about $175 billion over the next ten years.

Republicans say Congress never appropriated funds for this program.

“The administration is instead unlawfully and unconstitutionally using funds from a separate Treasury Department account – authorized for other purposes – to pay insurance companies and thereby unilaterally altering the structure of the health care law,” Boehner’s office said.

Last edited by News Hawk on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm

As I said, if Republicans in the House are allowed to go forward with the lawsuit against the President of tThe United States for actions involving the execution of the duties if his office then it would set precedent and open the door for taxpayer lawsuits against Congress for the way they vote on bill.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 am

This may be a good place to post this. Wouldn't it be nice if any laws passed by him were null and void??

Submitted by: RICHARD R. SILVERLIEB, Attorney at Law, 354 Eisenhower Parkway
Livingston , NJ 07039

Here's what I would like to know. If the TRUTH ever comes out , and it is decided that Obama was never eligible to be president, what happens to all the laws he signed into being and all the executive orders? Should they all be null and void?

Here are 4 Simple questions from a reputable attorney. ............... This really should get your "gray matter" to churning, even if you are an Obama fan. I wouldn't want my hero to be made out to be a liar, would you?

For all you "anti-Fox News" folks, none of this information came from Fox. All of it can be verified from legitimate sources (Wikipedia, the Kapiolani hospital website itself, and a good history book, as noted herein). It is very easy for someone to check out.

4 Simple Questions:

1. Back in 1961 people of color were called 'Negroes.'. So how can the Obama 'birth certificate' state he is "African-American" when the term wasn't even used at that time ?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961 & lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, Right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in "Kenya , East Africa ".
This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Up until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the "British East Africa Protectorate". (check it below)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_%28http:/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya%29

3. On the Birth Certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". ... This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home"Respectively.
The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged.
How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978? Why hasn't this been discussed in the major media?
(CHECK IT BELOW)
>>> http://http/http/www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/about-us/default.aspx
>>> (http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/about-us/default.aspx) ...

4. Perhaps a clue comes from Obama's book on his father. He states how proud he is of his father fighting in WW II. (I'm not a math genius, so I may need some help from you.) Barack Obama's "birth certificate" says his father was 25 years old in 1961 when Obama was born. That should have put his father's date of birth approximately 1936-if my math holds (Honest! I did That without a calculator!!!)
Now we need a non-revised history book-one that hasn't been altered to satisfy the author's goals-to verify that WW II was basically between 1939 and 1945. Just how many 3 year olds fight in Wars? Even in the latest stages of WW II his father wouldn't have been more than 9 years old. ... Does that mean that Mr. Obama is a liar, or simply chooses to alter the facts to satisfy his imagination or political purposes ?

Very truly yours,
Rich

P.S. How about his social security number? It belongs to a dead CT. man. Some one who never used it and never collected on it, Obama NEVER lived in CT, so he could NOT have a CT. soc. sec. number.
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:05 am

Here we go again with the Birther Hogwash! No  I had no idea the conservatives were that mentally unstable!! No

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 am

obervantone wrote:As I said, if Republicans in the House are allowed to go forward with the lawsuit against the President of tThe United States for actions involving the execution of the duties if his office then it would set precedent and open the door for taxpayer lawsuits against Congress for the way they vote on bill.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for.

No standing or precedent. The Democrats should treat this lawsuit like a gift and use it wisely!! Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:35 am

NB, please tell me what proof you have to DISPROVE what the atty. wrote. It's pretty black and white to me.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:49 am

Laughing Oh yeah, the famous "disprove a negative" BS....you people are soooooooo whacked.

It's pretty black and white to me.
And therein lies the entire problem with your crowd of loonies...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 am

News Pigeon wrote:Laughing Oh yeah, the famous "disprove a negative" BS....you people are soooooooo whacked.

Get it? It's pretty Black and white!!  Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

WHL
If the TRUTH ever comes out , and it is decided that Obama was never eligible to be president,
Right there is where I stopped bothering to read.

Even though it is obvious that we disagree on politics I never thought that you were a wack job but if you are quoting crazies like this then I must reconsider the assessment I have of you.

I have yet to see the birther movement for John McCain (born in England) and Mitt Romney, who like President Obama, his father was born in another country...or as Sarah Palin likes to say, overseas (George Romney was born in Mexico).
I guess Hawaii isn't REALLY a state.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:29 pm

obervantone wrote:WHL
If the TRUTH ever comes out , and it is decided that Obama was never eligible to be president,
Right there is where I stopped bothering to read.  

Even though it is obvious that we disagree on politics I never thought that you were a wack job but if you are quoting crazies like this then I must reconsider the assessment I have of you.

I have yet to see the birther movement for John McCain (born in England) and Mitt Romney, who like President Obama, his father was born in another country...or as Sarah Palin likes to say, overseas (George Romney was born in Mexico).
I guess Hawaii isn't REALLY a state.

Huh?

McCain was born on Naval Base in the Panama Canal Zone, considered US territory at the time. (There may be some question to that)

Romney was born in Detroit.
Anti Federalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:34 pm

OL
Huh?

McCain was born on Naval Base in the Panama Canal Zone, considered US territory at the time. (There may be some question to that)

My point is that neither of those men were subjected to a "Birther" movement.  McCain was born outside of the US....Romney was born in Detroit...Obama was born in Hawaii....Romney's father was born in Mexico, Obama's father was born in Kenya....

Which man has had his citizenship questioned?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 pm

WE are not talking about anybody else, we are talking about Obama. You always try to change the subject. Why?

None of the three of you can come up with answers to dispute that story. Guess it must be true. If you explain, I will listen but I am afraid you can't and that is why you haven't.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:41 pm

WHL
WE are not talking about anybody else, we are talking about Obama. You always try to change the subject. Why?

None of the three of you can come up with answers to dispute that story. Guess it must be true. If you explain, I will listen but I am afraid you can't and that is why you haven't.
You quote a lunatic who accuses the President of being ineligible to hold office. I point out two other recent candidates for the same office with the same "sketchy" eligibility who have not endured this kind of lunacy! Why? Could it be that the other two are White Republicans while the third is a Black Democrat?
Conservatives always scream bloody murder and blame the "liberal" media for all kinds of things, but do you really think that the birther movement would have gotten any traction at all if media was really "liberal"? It is not.
Regarding the arguments made by your lunatic...as I stated I stopped reading at the first sentence because of his obvious birther beliefs....that makes the rest of his argument just as idiotic as far as I am concerned. Find a legitimate source making the same case and I'll read whatever it is that you are dishing out. Otherwise I am not going to waste my time reading the ramblings of a lunatic.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Well, you should read it then. And then explain to me that what he said does not prove Obama's birth certificate was changed. And they weren't very smart about it.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Pigeon wrote:Laughing Oh yeah, the famous "disprove a negative" BS....you people are soooooooo whacked.

Get it? It's pretty Black and white!!  Very Happy

In addition to the bigotry, seeing only black or white is a bit of a double-edged sword. On one side it makes you shrewish, intolerant, fearful, suspicious and unyielding...on the other side it can make you very naive and gullible...easy prey for hate-monger types who know how to manipulate those insecurities. I'm so thankful that I accept diversity, I actually welcome it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Very good. In this country we have to accept diversity, because we are a very diverse nation!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Obama claims to be the child of a mixed-race couple. So why has he rejected his mother's side?

"Typical white woman, he said!"

Anti Federalist wrote:"...Romney was born in Detroit..."

He was smart enough to leave Detroit.

Detroit hasn't ended well for Americans under Democrat governance:

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:00 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Very good. In this country we have to accept diversity, because we are a very diverse nation!
Your beloved Stalinist forum lacked diversity.

Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:38 pm

obervantone wrote:
OL
Huh?

My point is that neither of those men were subjected to a "Birther" movement.  McCain was born outside of the US....Romney was born in Detroit...Obama was born in Hawaii....Romney's father was born in Mexico, Obama's father was born in Kenya....

Which man has had his citizenship questioned?

Barack Obama, because there seemed to be some question that he was born in Hawaii, and not Kenya.

confused

If it came to pass that we found he was born in Kenya, and not Hawaii, then he was never eligible to be president, under the current constitution.
Anti Federalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm

News Buzzard wrote:Very good. In this country we have to accept diversity, because we are a very diverse nation!

Saudi National Reportedly Crashes Car Containing Explosives Into US Army Post Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas

A driver who rammed his car into the gates of U.S. Army post Fort Sam Houston in Texas is in custody after the ordeal on Sunday. Police have not provided much information about the situation or the suspect, but the military base, which had been placed under lockdown, has returned to normal operations.

The "diversity" suspect has been identified as a male Saudi national, according to KCEN TV. Authorities have not identified the man, but he is in custody. His car reportedly contained explosives...
(Excerpt) Read more at latinpost.com ...

Other sources:

KCEN's sister station, KENS-TV reported that a driver was in custody after driving through a gate at the base without stopping, triggering a manhunt.

Yup. We always needed more diversity...

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Did taxpayers have to ask and pay for it?

I don't like the sound of this!

No

News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:57 pm

ANTI
If it came to pass that we found he was born in Kenya, and not Hawaii, then he was never eligible to be president, under the current constitution.

That is actually not correct.   This is from the State Dept website.  Obama's mother is a U-S Citizen so he is a U-S citizen even if he were born in Kenya,

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.
And since I don't recall if they were married at the time, there is this:
Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Mother:

A person born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 309(c) of the INA if the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth and if the mother was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the person’s birth. The U.S. citizen mother must be the genetic or the gestational mother and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:30 am

You are talking about citizenship, ob, we are talking about eligibility for the presidency. Those requirements are different.

No one has yet replied to my question as to how you can dispute what the attorney wrote. They are facts. The birth certificate has words on it and places on it that just weren't around when Obama was born. I would like to know how you explain that away.
WHL
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top