Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House GOP finally brings something to the floor...

5 posters

Go down

House GOP finally brings something to the floor... Empty House GOP finally brings something to the floor...

Post  obervantone Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:18 am

...Other than overturning Obamacare...54 so far.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll537.xml
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

House GOP finally brings something to the floor... Empty Re: House GOP finally brings something to the floor...

Post  News Hawk Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:53 am

"What Government has given, so shall it be taken away".

Twisted Evil

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

House GOP finally brings something to the floor... Empty Re: House GOP finally brings something to the floor...

Post  Outerlimits Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:24 am

obervantone wrote:...Other than overturning Obamacare...54 so far.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll537.xml

You must have missed the other 300+ bills the house passed and sent to the Senate where they all died on Harry’s desk.

It’s understandable, the media and the hard left have created the false narrative that House Republicans have done nothing.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 am

OL
You must have missed the other 300+ bills the house passed and sent to the Senate where they all died on Harry’s desk.

It’s understandable, the media and the hard left have created the false narrative that House Republicans have done nothing.
Just glanced through them, I am not seeing a bipartisan immigration bill that the House approved...Oh wait, it was the Senate that approved the bill by a greater than 2/3 majority and Harry Reid....I mean John Boehner refuses to allow it to go to the floor for a vote but complains that the President took action. Gotta deal with the growing Nazi problem first I guess.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:54 pm

obervantone wrote:
OL

Just glanced through them, I am not seeing a bipartisan immigration bill that the House approved...Oh wait, it was the Senate that approved the bill by a greater than 2/3 majority and Harry Reid....I mean John Boehner refuses to allow it to go to the floor for a vote but complains that the President took action.   Gotta deal with the growing Nazi problem first I guess.

"When you compromise with Evil, you still get evil..."

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm

obervantone wrote:Just glanced through them, I am not seeing a bipartisan immigration bill that the House approved...Oh wait, it was the Senate that approved the bill by a greater than 2/3 majority and Harry Reid....I mean John Boehner refuses to allow it to go to the floor for a vote but complains that the President took action.   Gotta deal with the growing Nazi problem first I guess.

Didn't see it?

Well the reason you did not see the Senate Bill is because Harry Reid NEVER sent the immigration bill that passed the Senate to the House of Representatives.  

Reid has refused to send it to the House, protecting the bill from being blue slipped.  

I know you heard (because I heard it too) that John Boehner refuses to allow it to go to the floor, but that was another HUGE lie from the left.  

just a couple of other tid-bits.

I know we have become accustomed to watching the Obama administration and the far left subvert and dismiss rules and laws they don’t agree with; but for a moment, let’s remember the law as written.

Does the law require the House to take up a Senate bill? - NOPE
Does our Constitution require the President to make law when Congress refuses to act? -NOPE

Just pointing out when the left moves the goalposts.  

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:11 pm

OL
Does the law require the House to take up a Senate bill? - NOPE
Of course you seem to believe that the Senate must take up House bills

Here is a little reading for you...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/08/yes-the-senate-is-ignoring-hundreds-of-bills-passed-by-the-gop-house-but-its-always-that-way/

News Hawk
"When you compromise with Evil, you still get evil..."
It is called negotiation...without negotiation nothing gets done as we have seen since the House became "My way of the highway" controlled by the party of No.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Didn't see it?

Well the reason you did not see the Senate Bill is because Harry Reid NEVER sent the immigration bill that passed the Senate to the House of Representatives.  

Reid has refused to send it to the House, protecting the bill from being blue slipped.

Really??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/11/06/boehner-refuses-to-act-on-immigration-reform/
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Funny thing about that negotiation, to you liberals it means the Republicans give in to what the Democrats want and the Democrats don't have to give in at all. Those mean old Republicans.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Stockman lives in the Right Wing World Of Mythology! That origination clause argument is pure bunk, as I have previously demonstrated!! This forum is definitely Fact Free!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:37 pm

God, you are frustrating, NB. If something is posted you don't like, you call it fact free. It something is posted you like, it is absolute truth. You pick and choose to please yourself and you tell others they are fast and fancy with the facts??? Get real, would ya'?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Here's another article for you, WHL. Boehner is quoted as saying the Immigration Bill is dead on arrival in the House:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/27/politics/immigration/index.html

So who is telling you the truth, me or your buddy? You always believe what you want!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 am

I see this bill ending up before the SCOTUS...meanwhile I thought you might enjoy this:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/politics/magazine/81372/return-of-the-republican-party
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:15 am

News Buzzard wrote:Here's another article for you, WHL. Boehner is quoted as saying the Immigration Bill is dead on arrival in the House:

So who is telling you the truth, me or your buddy? You always believe what you want!!

One year and a half later, such quotes are going to look pretty stale.

Cool

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 am

obervantone wrote:I see this bill ending up before the SCOTUS...meanwhile I thought you might enjoy this:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/politics/magazine/81372/return-of-the-republican-party

Good article!!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:12 am

News Buzzard wrote:Here's another article for you, WHL. Boehner is quoted as saying the Immigration Bill is dead on arrival in the House:

Boehner stated it was dead on arrival, It was indeed dead but it never arrived.   I am no fan of Boehner but most Republicans, and in fact most Americans, believe the border should be secured as part of any immigration bill.  The Senate bill did not secure the border and therefore it should have been dead on arrival.

Harry Reid admitted the Senate Bill was unconstitutional and that is why he did not send it to the House. - was Harry lying?

A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC News shows that politicians have more to lose than gain by supporting amnesty. ABC News and the Post appear to be surprised by the results, with neither offering much in the way of explanation.

More to the point America has much more to lose than to gain, by any form of amnesty or free pass.

WASHINGTON (AP) —
The Republican-led House may vote this week to undo President Barack Obama’s executive actions on immigration, House Speaker John Boehner told lawmakers Tuesday as he sought to give outraged conservatives an outlet to vent over Obama’s move without shutting down the government.

I hope the GOP does something to stop this nonsense.   Unfortunately politicians from both parties are illegal alien butt-kissers. In 10 years this country will be a third world and even more corrupt.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:12 pm

That's nothing more than procedural maneuvering with the bill. The bottom line is Boehner said it was dead on arrival, so don't be blaming that nonsense on Reid with you right wing talking points. Now you're stuck with Obama's immigration order, and you know there is nothing you can do about it!! I guess Obama called your bluff, right? "Poison the well"!! Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:43 pm

News Buzzard wrote:That's nothing more than procedural maneuvering with the bill. The bottom line is Boehner said it was dead on arrival, so don't be blaming that nonsense on Reid with you right wing talking points. Now you're stuck with Obama's immigration order, and you know there is nothing you can do about it!! I guess Obama called your bluff, right? "Poison the well"!! Rolling Eyes

There is nothing I can do about it…

But

Seventeen states, led by Texas, are suing the Obama administration over its recent executive actions on immigration.

Whose side are you on anyway?  You consistently cheerlead for Obama even when his actions are hurting Americans.  

Does it really feel right to sit in your ivory tower and say the illegals should stay just because YOUR position in life in not in immediately jeopardy?  

I understand it’s not you looking for work, and it’s not you that is losing a job. Maybe it’s not your child getting a “lesser” education.  Maybe it’s not your insurance premium that is going sky high to support the medical provided for these people.  But don’t you care about your fellow Americans?  Don’t you care about your children and grandchildren’s future?  My parents wanted and provided for me, a better life. I want the same for my children.  When I see our elected leaders diminishing opportunity and mortgaging their future, I can’t do as you do...turn a blind eye and say: ”doesn’t matter, I got mine.”

I do feel sorry for most of those people, but illegal entrance is not the way.  Non-assimilation will create a very different America then immigrants of the past have brought.  Not to mention we now open it up for other more dangerous illegal immigration, like radicals.

I don't care what side of the political spectrum you fall on, Obama passing a law via executive telling border patrol not to enforce immigration law is so incredibly messed up it is surreal. Our government is no longer representative. Our country is being sold right out from under us.

As long as 20 million Americans are out of work, not one illegal should be allowed to stay.
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

House GOP finally brings something to the floor... Empty Hurting Americans is What News Buzzard Wants...

Post  News Hawk Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:41 pm

No

In America, laws should always matter. These illegal immigrants have broken the immigration laws already on the books. Their massive numbers are a drain on local communities, increase crime and provide a push toward higher taxes which they don't pay.

America should not reward those who have successfully made a mockery of those who are waiting in line to become citizens of the greatest country on Earth.
—Townhall

Invasion is not a civil right just because you’re a descendant of the Conquistadors.

pale

House GOP finally brings something to the floor... 95cd30305dda0132b2ce005056a9545d

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down