Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelle & Racism??

4 posters

Go down

Michelle & Racism?? Empty Michelle & Racism??

Post  WHL Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Was Michelle Obama really the victim of racism during her trip to Target? In extracts from an exclusive interview recorded by People magazine, Michelle Obama speaks candidly about racial stereotyping and the Obamas fears for their daughters.

During the interview, the first lady described how she was the victim of subtle racism during a trip to Target. The crime? A white woman asked her for help reaching some detergent on a high shelf.

“I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn’t see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn’t anything new.”

In the interview, the Obamas added their thoughts about racism following the tensions and publicity surrounding the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Mrs. Obama recalled an incident where her husband was “wearing a tuxedo at a black-tie dinner, and somebody asked him to get coffee.” Despite this, the Obamas did agree that progress had been made with tackling racial prejudice.

“The small irritations or indignities that we experience are nothing compared to what a previous generation experience.”

Alluding to the stereotypical view of black teenagers, President Obama stated that “it’s one thing for me to be mistaken for a waiter at a gala. It’s another thing for my son to be mistaken for a robber and to be handcuffed, or worse, if he happens to be walking down the street and is dressed the way teenagers dress.”

Although their current lifestyle affords them a certain level of security and protection from much racial prejudice, they still bear the scars of previous experiences.

Turns out now that the lady who asked her for help was the wife of a big shot at MSNBC.  HMMMMM.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michelle & Racism?? Empty Re: Michelle & Racism??

Post  obervantone Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm curious. I looked at the Political insider and People Magazine article websites regarding this story and neither identified the woman who asked the First Lady to do a stockers job. So I'll address why this is racism because it is obvious that you can't tell.

The "woman" asked a black woman for help, assuming that the black woman was an employee at the store. The same can be said for Michelle Obama's story that someone asked The President of the United States to get him a coffee. Why? Because he is a black man dressed in formal wear so he must be part of the staff.

I find it incredible that neither of these people recognized who they were addressing, but given today's lack of involvement by many people I suppose it is not surprising. All they saw was a black person so they must be a stock girl or waiter.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Michelle talked about this same incident 2 years ago on the Letterman show:

“I went to Target. I thought I was undercover. I have to tell you something about this trip though,” she said. “No one knew that was me because a woman actually walked up to me, right, I was in the detergent isle and she said — I kid you not — she said, ‘excuse me, I just have to ask you something.’ And I thought, ‘cover’s blown.’ She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not!” Then she added some context. “And the only thing she said — I reached up because she was short — and I reached up and pulled it down and she said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was interaction, I feel so good. She had no idea who I was.”

Now she is claiming this was racist? Rolling Eyes

Thanks for waking me up OO to the fact that when someone asks me to reach for something at a store (I'm 6'2") that it's not because I'm tall and they are short, but because they are racist.

I can't believe I've wandered through life thinking people just needed help reaching an item. I can now see how racism is in every single thing we do as Americans. Very Happy
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm

THis happened a couple of years ago and she claimed it was racist then, because the lady asked her because she was black. Why it is coming up now is because they have found out who the lady is that asked Michelle to reach something for her and the whole thing is now being questioned-was it staged?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Michelle & Racism?? Incognito_zpsaa9c3c66
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Yes, making the assumption that a black woman is a member of the crew at a Target Store, or a black man in formal attire is part of the wait staff, is racist.  Completely discounting that it happened to the President of the United States and the First Lady!  That is shocking.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:05 am

obervantone wrote:"Yes, making the assumption that a black woman is a member of the crew at a Target Store..."
Target store crews wear bright red vests. (Shrug).

obervantone wrote:"...or a black man in formal attire is part of the wait staff, is racist.  Completely discounting that it happened to the President of the United States and the First Lady!  That is shocking.
The man who was mistaken WRT Obama reported the gaff "with embarrassment" at the same event. (Not that it's limited to him).

Iowa, 2008 Hillary's Campaign:

"...As Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, 'A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee'."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0110/Teddys_anger.html

Suspect

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 am

Now I really believe the fix had to be in. With all those Secret Service Men around, how in the world could some lady just come up to her and ask her to reach something. The lady HAD to know she was not just anybody. And besides, at least one of those men is taller than Michelle so why wouldn't the lady ask him to help her reach something? What a joke the Obama's are.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 am

Comments on Michelle's tale of racism at Target Stores:

Of all the nerve! Why in the world would that stupid racist think it’s Michelle Obama’s job to help people?

Asking a tall black woman to help you reach a shelf that’s too high for you is racist, because… well, I don’t know why it’s racist. But it is. Why else would Michelle Obama say so?
http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/17/michelle-obama-america-is-so-racist-a-white-lady-at-target-asked-me-to-reach-the-top-shelf/

pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Michelle & Racism?? Empty Think about it...!

Post  News Hawk Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:41 am

Michelle & Racism?? APTOPIX_Obama_US_Turkey.JPEG-0e076
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Michelle & Racism?? Empty What's even more shocking...

Post  News Hawk Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 pm

obervantone wrote:Yes, making the assumption that a black woman is a member of the crew at a Target Store, or a black man in formal attire is part of the wait staff, is racist.  Completely discounting that it happened to the President of the United States and the First Lady!  That is shocking.

From our "Post-Racial" Commander in Chief...:

Michelle Obama was lying about a racist incident at her September 29, 2011 trip to Target in a People Magazine story, Gotnews.com has learned.

The careful orchestrated press event occurred in Alexandria, Virginia’s Route 1 Target store.

Obama has told two different, conflicting accounts about her Target experience.

The first time she claimed she helped someone because of her height in a 2012 appearance with David Letterman.

Now she’s claiming there was a racist incident in People Magazine.

She is also lying about having any interactions with customers.

In fact, the store was under strict control by the Secret Service according to Politico.

Here’s what Politico wrote about the incident. Note the use of the word “lockdown.” Note also how controlled the media response is.
http://gotnews.com/breaking-politico-story-confirms-michelle-obama-lying-racist-incident-target/

drunken

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 am

How can two people lie so much? There is no way that happened with all those people surrounding her and the store being blocked off as is usually done when the President or First Lady go anywhere. Disgusting.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:00 am

WHL wrote:How can two people lie so much?  There is no way that happened with all those people surrounding her and the store being blocked off as is usually done when the President or First Lady go anywhere.  Disgusting.

The Obamas have a cult following—Liberals rich in "the cult of personality". (What brought to power Hitler, Mussolini, and later, FDR and JFK).

Sad

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down