Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Buzzard on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 am


_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  Outerlimits on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:25 am

News Buzzard wrote:A surging economy and lower gas prices are some of the reasons why:

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/26/economy-grows-gas-prices-plummet-obama-approval-surges-hits-20-month-high.html
]


What? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL @ Politicsusa.

From your own link:

More Americans still disapprove of the job Obama is doing as President

Yet this is somehow good? Shocked

Sprinkle in two popular presidential executive actions on immigration and Cuba

These are popular??? Maybe in Mexico and Cuba but not here.

The other factor is that the economy has experienced its best quarter of growth since 2003.

When you hit rock bottom, there is only one way to go.

Real Clear Politics Average:

42.8% approve
52.4% disapprove

Obama and his policies are still VERY unpopular and the trend is DOWN not Up as your blogger states.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Obama's approvals go up because gas prices went down?

Those poll participants have been Grubered!

No


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  red_hill on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:36 pm

News Buzzard wrote:A surging economy and lower gas prices are some of the reasons why:

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/26/economy-grows-gas-prices-plummet-obama-approval-surges-hits-20-month-high.html

Isn't that like saying the Jets are better than they were last year?

red_hill

Posts : 303
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Buzzard on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:57 pm

You might compare the Jets with the Republican hijacked congress, and their approval rating is hovering in the teens. That's what makes Obama's approval rating so special, because he lifted this country up without any help from the Republicans. The congress won't be any better over the next 2 years and I feel real good about 2016.

Notice that since the election that we're not all going to die from Ebola, ISIS is not going to plant their flag on the White House lawn and the millions of armed felons who invaded us from Mexico must have all gone home. That was the Republican's plank, and now they have to produce since they control the congress. Good luck with that!!

PS: The Jets have always been a terrible organization, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy in Woody Johnson! (Bundler for Mitt!)

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:38 pm

I have not researched this, but it does not seem far fetched.  Didn't they get the message from Jaba the Rush?  Republicans were not elected to govern!

Oh wait, that's right, Jaba the Rush says the Republican mandate is to block Obama and the Democrats, so this would be right on target.

Health, Politics
Newly Elected Republican Senators Sign Pledge to Eliminate Food Stamp Program in 2015

One hundred percent of newly elected Republican Senators have agreed to vote to eliminate the food stamps program including;

Senators Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), David Perdue (R-Ga.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), James Lankford (R-Okla.), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.).

“Small businesses and the American people cannot afford President Obama’s countless new regulations and tax increases. There is a right way and a wrong to improve our country’s welfare system, and the President’s policies just aren’t working. We need to put poor people first and lower costs,” Senator Gardner said in a statement.

Senator Perdue stated on his campaign website that he was one of the millions of Americans who would support free market solutions to feeding the nation.

“The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is an overreaching federal program that has actually worsened the nutritional standards in this nation and increased costs. I am one of the millions of Americans who wish this program would end. To make matters worse, SNAP benefits are discouraging full-time job creation. We need to repeal the SNAP program and replace it with more affordable free market solutions,” Perdue said on his campaign page.

The Senators signed a pledge to approve any legislation in 2015 that would completely defund the $78 billion program.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:35 pm

obervantone wrote:"...We need to repeal the SNAP program and replace it with more affordable free market solutions,” Perdue said on his campaign page..."
You have something against "free market solutions"?

scratch


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:09 pm

news hawk
obervantone wrote:
"...We need to repeal the SNAP program and replace it with more affordable free market solutions,” Perdue said on his campaign page...
"
You have something against "free market solutions"?.
Not at all, but like all things republican that statement only comes with a pledge to repeal the current system with no specifics of what the plan is.
You forgot to include the next sentence:
The Senators signed a pledge to approve any legislation in 2015 that would completely defund the $78 billion dollar program
.
Currently a "free market" solution for food means go to the store and buy food.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:31 am

Completely "defunding food stamps" by agreeing to legislation that no one has seen—or perhaps may never be proffered—sends a message that there will be "Change". "Hope" is not a strategy.

Exclamation

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 am

News Buzzard wrote:"You might compare the Jets with the Republican hijacked congress..."


Maybe you've forgotten how "checks and balances" work in The Republic.

scratch

News Buzzard wrote:That's what makes Obama's approval rating so special, because he lifted this country up without any help from the Republicans..."

"Lifted this country up"? With 90+ million out of work—and foreigners voting their own paychecks?

Question

News Buzzard wrote:Notice that since the election that we're not all going to die from Ebola..."

Even in Africa, the survival rate can be 50%.

study

News Buzzard wrote:"...ISIS is not going to plant their flag on the White House lawn..."

ISIS' pledge means nothing to you?

Israel's ISIS future is no different than the US'...!

Shocked

News Buzzard wrote:"...the millions of armed felons who invaded us from Mexico must have all gone home..."

Think your statement is a joke? The DOJ participated in a gunrunning scheme that has backfired. Only recently have documents been released.

According to CBS—with the help of the DOJ's Eric Holder:

"Fast and Furious" was an Obama scheme to provide US-funded firearms to Mexico, in order to advance "Gun Control" in the United States; instead, murderous Drug Cartels have become based in Mexican states—with murders of hundreds—many of whom are women.

(Kidnapped wives and girlfriends of competing cartel bosses).

The DOJ's Eric Holder has refused to answer a call to hand over documents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gunrunning-scandal-uncovered-at-the-atf/

All Mexican drug-dealer killings: 47,500.

No


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 am

News Buzzard wrote:A surging economy and lower gas prices are some of the reasons why:

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/26/economy-grows-gas-prices-plummet-obama-approval-surges-hits-20-month-high.html

Why was "the surge" delayed?

In case you didn't notice....

Here is what happened on January 1, 2014 :

Top Medicare tax went from 1.45% to 2.35%, an increase of 62 %

Top Income tax bracket went from 35% to 39.6%, an increase of 13 %

Top Income payroll tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%, an increase of 52 %

Capital Gains tax went from 15% to 28% an increase of 87 %

Dividends tax went from 15% to 39.6%, an increase of 164 %

Estate tax went from 0% to 55%, an increase of infinity . . .

Remember this fact: These taxes were all passed with only democrat votes.

No republicans voted for these taxes.

These taxes were all quietly passed under the Affordable Care Act, aka OBAMACARE.

No


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  Outerlimits on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:11 am

obervantone wrote:I have not researched this, but it does not seem far fetched.  Didn't they get the message from Jaba the Rush?  Republicans were not elected to govern!  

Oh wait, that's right, Jaba the Rush says the Republican mandate is to block Obama and the Democrats, so this would be right on target.

Health, Politics
Newly Elected Republican Senators Sign Pledge to Eliminate Food Stamp Program in 2015

One hundred percent of newly elected Republican Senators have agreed to vote to eliminate the food stamps program including;

Senators Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), David Perdue (R-Ga.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), James Lankford (R-Okla.), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.).

“Small businesses and the American people cannot afford President Obama’s countless new regulations and tax increases. There is a right way and a wrong to improve our country’s welfare system, and the President’s policies just aren’t working. We need to put poor people first and lower costs,” Senator Gardner said in a statement.

Senator Perdue stated on his campaign website that he was one of the millions of Americans who would support free market solutions to feeding the nation.

“The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is an overreaching federal program that has actually worsened the nutritional standards in this nation and increased costs. I am one of the millions of Americans who wish this program would end. To make matters worse, SNAP benefits are discouraging full-time job creation. We need to repeal the SNAP program and replace it with more affordable free market solutions,” Perdue said on his campaign page.

The Senators signed a pledge to approve any legislation in 2015 that would completely defund the $78 billion program.



Ok so you got this claim from the Daily Leak?

http://dailyleak.org/2014/12/newly-elected-republican-senators-agree-to-eliminate-food-stamp-program


Daily Leak = The Onion.

It was satire.  You have been Grubbered.

Other “headlines” from the Daily Leak:

Obama Signs amnesty for 12 million illegal immigrants on Christmas Eve

Senator Marco Rubio fears influx of tourists will cause Cuba to tip over

Bush Captured, Awaiting Trial at The Hague
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:47 pm

OL, as the FIRST sentence in my post stated:
obervantone wrote:
I have not researched this, but it does not seem far fetched. Didn't they get the message from Jaba the Rush? Republicans were not elected to govern!
While it may or may not be satire, I still have not researched it, the article is certainly something that I would expect from the new class of Senators on the GOP side of the isle.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hoping the Right were "LIVs"...?

Post  News Hawk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Daily Leak = The Onion.

It was satire.  You have been Grubbered.

Gruber has one "B".

Oo has been Grubered.

pirat

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:13 am

news hawk
Oo has been Grubered
I do have to admit, doing this your way is a lot easier. Post bullshit as fact and don't worry if it is true or not, it is really a lot easier than vetting information first.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:30 am

obervantone wrote:
news hawk
Oo has been Grubered
I do have to admit, doing this your way is a lot easier.  Post bullshit as fact and don't worry if it is true or not, it is really a lot easier than vetting information first.
I like "teasing-out" news stories on forums. That Obama has been careless with his rhetoric makes gleaning factual matters very difficult—so we rely on the Internet. In China, they "fix" the Internet by not allowing Google to bring up truthful data—data that harms China's ruling class. "Net Neutrality" would give China even more control than they have now—and while Obama supports it—Senator Cruz has said:


"Net Neutrality" is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-11-10/obamas-net-neutrality-proposal-is-praised-and-attacked

.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:32 pm


news hawk
I like "teasing-out" news stories on forums. That Obama has been careless with his rhetoric makes gleaning factual matters very difficult—so we rely on the Internet

an admission that what you post as fact is bullshit.

news hawk
In China they fix the internet

In China you would be in prison.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 pm

obervantone wrote:In China you would be in prison.

Yes, I would.

Sad

NB would see to it!

obervantone wrote:an admission that what you post as fact is bullshit.

Can anyone else explain the nexus of the above sentence?

drunken


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Buzzard on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:57 pm

News Hawk wrote:

obervantone wrote:an admission that what you post as fact is bullshit.

Can anyone else explain the nexus of the above sentence?

Yes, it means you're full of pooh, and I wholeheartedly agree!!!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:03 pm

obervantone
news hawk
I like "teasing-out" news stories on forums. That Obama has been careless with his rhetoric makes gleaning factual matters very difficult—so we rely on the Internet

an admission that what you post as fact is bullshit.
news hawk
Can anyone else explain the nexus of the above sentence?
You admit that instead of research and vetting you just post it to see what sticks to the wall because it's too hard to actually find the facts.  

Something that we already knew but it is nice to see that you are finally admitting it.

Unless of course you are now claiming not to remember what you wrote less than 24 hours ago.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Both Stuck?

Post  News Hawk on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:43 pm

News Buzzard wrote:
News Hawk wrote:

obervantone wrote:an admission that what you post as fact is bullshit.

Can anyone else explain the nexus of the above sentence?

Yes, it means you're full of pooh, and I wholeheartedly agree!!!

Both stuck on the meaning of "teased-out"? It's a term used in industry and elsewhere.

Examples:

Until within comparatively recent years, all ropes were made of vegetable fiber teased out and spun into suitable form either by hand or machinery ; but since the ...

policy after labor unions teased out a new economic justification for reincorporating

Besides the fibrin in the alveoli there may or may not ... breaking up the enclosed exudate. It may thus be teased out

I'll try to use simpler phrasing...

pirat


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Trial balloon also fits, more accurately in the way you are using it.

Either way, it just means that you run across something on a wacko website and you are either too lazy, don't know how or both, to vet the information so you post it and see what sticks on the wall.

No way around it, you have admitted to not vetting the crap that you post.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  News Hawk on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:39 pm

obervantone wrote:Trial balloon also fits, more accurately in the way you are using it.

Either way, it just means that you run across something on a wacko website and you are either too lazy, don't know how or both, to vet the information so you post it and see what sticks on the wall.

No way around it, you have admitted to not vetting the crap that you post.


Show where I listed anything from the "Daily Leak"...!

jocolor


.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:23 pm

They are pretty good at getting things from wacko websites, NH. I wouldn't let it bother me.
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  obervantone on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 pm

you're right, i have not seen you post from the daily leak, usually it is a post like this from earlier in the thread:
news hawk
According to CBS—with the help of the DOJ's Eric Holder:

"Fast and Furious" was an Obama scheme to provide US-funded firearms to Mexico, in order to advance "Gun Control" in the United States; instead, murderous Drug Cartels have become based in Mexican states—with murders of hundreds—many of whom are women
The link you provided to cbs not only does not contain that paragraph, it was written by your favorite investigative reporter whose contract was not renewed by cbs because she was showing bias and not being impartial in her reports.

you just make the crap up or get it from one of your right-wing wacko websites, then present it as fact...more "teasing out"?  i call it lying.

_________________
America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Not just for people who look or worship a certain way.
avatar
obervantone

Posts : 709
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama's Approval Rating Hits 20 Month High

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum