Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty Re: "Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

Post  WHL Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:53 pm

News Hawk and I agree on a lot of politics but don't agree on lake related things.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty Re: "Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor...

Post  obervantone Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 am

And my post was to point out the irony that It's-Not-News Hawk rails against anyone using his lake, and particularly against "summer visitors" even though he is a "summer visitor" himself, and then what does he do? Rents his place out to more "summer visitors" who contribute to the very conditions he rails against by others "using his lake". The day the rental began you noted that the harbor was busy. The irony is laughable and the hypocrisy of It's-Not-News Hawk is incredible. Regarding politics, I don't even look at those other threads.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty Can you say FRAUD?

Post  obervantone Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 am

BTW I am still waiting for It's-Not-News Hawk to remove the post that HE WROTE and later attributed to me.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 pm

obervantone wrote:And my post was to point out the irony that It's-Not-News Hawk rails against anyone using his lake, and particularly against "summer visitors" even though he is a "summer visitor" himself, and then what does he do?  Rents his place out to more "summer visitors" who contribute to the very conditions he rails against by others "using his lake".   The day the rental began you noted that the harbor was busy.  The irony is laughable and the hypocrisy of It's-Not-News Hawk is incredible.  Regarding politics, I don't even look at those other threads.  
My part of the lake is a protected harbor, but you wouldn't know it from my video—with a Donzi making back-to-back chine-walking runs—barely in control. Four miles of terrorizing man and beast!

My tenants (from New Hampshire) didn't have a motorized boat in the lake until Saturday afternoon.

My roots (I repeat) are in Melvin Village, long before the "WalMart-side" of the lake discovered the "quiet side" of the lake. Ruining it for the many smaller craft who thought they'd be safe in protected waters. I hope the Marine Patrol does its job soon, instead of "schmoozing" with Ocean Racers.

Neutral
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:58 pm

News Hawk wrote:
obervantone wrote:And my post was to point out the irony that It's-Not-News Hawk rails against anyone using his lake, and particularly against "summer visitors" even though he is a "summer visitor" himself, and then what does he do?  Rents his place out to more "summer visitors" who contribute to the very conditions he rails against by others "using his lake".   The day the rental began you noted that the harbor was busy.  The irony is laughable and the hypocrisy of It's-Not-News Hawk is incredible.  Regarding politics, I don't even look at those other threads.  
My part of the lake is a protected harbor, but you wouldn't know it from my video—with a Donzi making back-to-back chine-walking runs—barely in control. Four miles of terrorizing man and beast!

My tenants (from New Hampshire) didn't have a motorized boat in the lake until Saturday afternoon.

My roots (I repeat) are in Melvin Village, long before the "WalMart-side" of the lake discovered the "quiet side" of the lake. Ruining it for the many smaller craft who thought they'd be safe in protected waters. I hope the Marine Patrol does its job soon, instead of "schmoozing" with Ocean Racers.

Neutral

Your roots are of no matter. You are a "visitor" who rents his house out to other visitors, and takes shaky videos that you claim are one thing but are actually another. Get a life.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:53 pm

It's-Not-News Hawk

Still not addressing the fact that YOU attributed a quote written by you to me.  Remove it or make the appropriate edit.

I don't care where your roots are, the FACT is that you LIVE out of state, so you are no better than all of those out-of-state summer visitors that you complain about.  You are one.

The barely in control Donzi?  If you think it was out of control then you do not belong anywhere near a body of water.  Although I could barely make out the Donzi among all of those smaller craft you claim he is terrorizing.

Go home to Florida.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:04 pm

red_hill wrote:Your roots are of no matter. You are a "visitor" who rents his house out to other visitors, and takes shaky videos that you claim are one thing but are actually another. Get a life.

My renters have a small powerboat, whose manufacturer hasn't killed anyone on Lake Winnipesaukee, and has a top speed of 35-MPH.

Excepting one "factoid", you never stated anything regarding the Donzi's speed or reckless behavior. This same character tormented Wolfeboro's first forum for hours at a time (a forum in which I moderated), so friends told me his name, location, and telephone number.  You might say I "stone-walled" against publishing them.

My family has been enriching Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro towns with property taxes since before WWII. My grandfather was a rural doctor in Tuftonboro. My Dad left Tuftonboro to join the war effort in the Southwest Pacific. He came back after a long career spanning the globe. I've returned as well.

Very Happy

What was your grandfather doing?  Well, never mind, your roots are of no matter.

No
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:11 pm

News Hawk wrote:
red_hill wrote:Your roots are of no matter. You are a "visitor" who rents his house out to other visitors, and takes shaky videos that you claim are one thing but are actually another. Get a life.

You never stated anything regarding the Donzi's speed or reckless behavior. He tormented Wolfeboro's first forum for hours at a time (a forum in which I moderated), so friends told me his name, location, and telephone number.  You might say I "stone-walled" against publishing them.

My family has been enriching Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro towns with property taxes since before WWII. My grandfather was a rural doctor in Tuftonboro. My Dad left Tuftonboro to join the war effort in the Southwest Pacific. He came back after a long career spanning the globe.

What was your grandfather doing?  Well, never mind, your roots are of no matter.

No

How did that forum turn out?? Ruined... like every other one you are involved with.

My roots are of no matter to you- unlike you, I live in this state and welcome our tourists and "visitors" because I know this state would hardly exist without them.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm

red_hill wrote:My roots are of no matter to you- unlike you, I live in this state and welcome our tourists and "visitors" because I know this state would hardly exist without them.
So how can you complain about my welcoming visitors who don't kill on Lake Winnipesaukee?

red_hill wrote:How did that forum turn out?? Ruined... like every other one you are involved with.
1) Wolfeboroonline.com/forums support was withdrawn by owner Coldwell-Banker, after member "Granma" complained about a business practice nearly next door to Coldwell-Banker.

2) Forums where my participation was banned also failed.

3) "Social Media" has now taken-up everyone's time.

4) The owner of Winnipesaukee.com/forums has an entry today that basically says the same thing as #3.

study

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty This speaks volumes

Post  obervantone Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:40 pm

It's-Not_news Hawk wrote:
Forums where my participation was banned

Why would that be?  
Your propensity to state fiction as fact?  
Your propensity to edit others posts to fit your own agenda?  
My favorite, Your propensity to take your own quotes and attribute them to others when even you see how stupid your original quote was.

The fact that you are banned anywhere speaks to your lack of an ability to present opposing points of view in a reasonable and factual manner, and propensity to get personal when it is apparent that you are, again wrong.  Getting banned from social sites and forums is nothing to be proud of.

Go home to Florida, home of the greatest number of boating accidents in the country....they need you there.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty Banned for Good Reason—I'm a Patriotic American Who Knows How to Debate...

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

obervantone wrote:Why would that be?  

The creator of Wolfeboro's Stalinist Forum didn't want to hear about US Constitutional law. I don't think WHL got too many words in, either.

Technically, I wasn't banned. I appeared under an assumed and neutral user-name, mostly to throw a [very] few monkey wrenches into their love-fest.

obervantone wrote:Your propensity to state fiction as fact?    

There is nothing about the US Constitution that is fictional.

obervantone wrote:Your propensity to edit others posts to fit your own agenda?  

Like this one?

pirat

I find it a very effective.way  to make definitive responses.

Cool

obervantone wrote:My favorite, Your propensity to take your own quotes and attribute them to others when even you see how stupid your original quote was.

"Mistakes were made".

Sad

obervantone wrote:The fact that you are banned anywhere speaks to your lack of an ability to present opposing points of view in a reasonable and factual manner, and propensity to get personal when it is apparent that you are, again wrong.  Getting banned from social sites and forums is nothing to be proud of.
You didn't see how anti-Americans attacked this country: not a patriotic veteran among them.

No

I'm not banned from social sites, and was only banned from Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum, which went defunct with practically no posts at all to support advertisers for "free forums". They were there to agree with one another's Happy Faces.

Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum members came to this Wolfe/Gil site with user-names such as News Buzzard, News Condor, and News Pigoen, They weren't banned, but gave Patriots incite into the dysfunctional "reasoning"  of Liberals.

obervantone wrote:Go home to Florida, home of the greatest number of boating accidents in the country....they need you there.

I fully intend to.

sunny

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:53 am

News Hawk wrote: Patriots incite into the dysfunctional "reasoning"  of Liberals.

You are so inciteful (sic) LOL Very Happy

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 am

I stopped posting at that forum you are referring to, NH. The person that ran that and a couple of others were actually scary.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 pm

It's-Not-News Hawk wrote:
obervantone wrote:
My favorite, Your propensity to take your own quotes and attribute them to others when even you see how stupid your original quote was.

"Mistakes were made".
And still you refuse to correct those "mistakes" by deleting the offending post or editing it to make it correct. We know you are capable of both.

Regarding YOUR interpretation of the First Amendment...The First Amendment prohibits GOVERNMENT intrusions on free speech. Your "Stalinist" forum is not GOVERNMENT operated so the owner/administrator can limit the kind and type of speech as he/she sees fit.

Make the changes to your "Mistakes were made" posting.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:15 pm

red_hill wrote:You are so inciteful (sic) LOL Very Happy
Right...but I got the spelling of "dysfunctional" rite.

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty Words apparently have no meaning to you.

Post  obervantone Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 pm

First you write this:
It's-Not_news Hawk wrote:
Forums where my participation was banned

Then, two posts later it's this:
Technically, I wasn't banned

Contradicting yourself is so amusing to watch.  Still, you have not corrected the post that you wrote and later attributed to me.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:38 pm

I wrote as member "Bald Eagle", and made statements that they were hard-pressed to answer; otherwise, I was banned.

(Or my home IPS was made ineligible for signing up).

Here's an example of what you missed:

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Fullsc13

You missed "BigE", whose user-name (and "Big-Brother" avatar) tells a lot.

(No requirement for attributing articles to its source).

Wolfeboro's Stalinist forum is gone—mostly because there was no room for debate—and the area is richer for it.

Cool

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:49 pm

I wrote as member "Bald Eagle", and made statements that they were hard-pressed to answer; otherwise, I was banned.
"Otherwise you were banned". That is hysterical.

Still waiting for you to fix your "mistakes were made" quote that you wrote then latter attributed to me. Second post page two.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

"Visitor" Invades Quiet Winter Harbor... - Page 2 Empty "Annual" Visiter vs. "Weekly" Visiter...

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 am

Hey, you could have written a book to counter Alex Haley's best-seller!

Cool
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 am

obervantone wrote:
"Otherwise you were banned". That is hysterical.

Hysterical? Unless you're a Liberal, you might try adjusting your medications.

No

I was banned writing as myself. To write as another user gave me some freedom to express my views.

obervantone wrote:Still waiting for you to fix your "mistakes were made" quote that you wrote then latter attributed to me.  Second post page two.
Maybe you're using the "Large-Print for Seniors" version—I found it on page one. It's fixed, but you probably won't like that one it, either.

pirat

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 am

WHL wrote:I stopped posting at that forum you are referring to, NH.  The person that ran that and a couple of others were actually scary.
Yeah.

He tried to manage Dragonfly's old forum, then made excuses for botching that one. He took on another ForumCab forum, and botched that one, too. (With still more excuses).

He did fix the "All Republicans should be killed" statement. How much scarier was BigE than Lugnut forum? Lugnut, at least, lived in the region, and could be identified. (Lugnut was another Liberal, who banned me for "two weeks"—that turned into one day when conversations stopped).

Last edited by News Hawk on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 am

WHL wrote:Winter Harbor was not quiet today!  

That was a week ago. This weekend was "dishwasher-agitator" noisy.

I watched as a new renter got out his SUP paddleboard, and with his daughter, started out in my direction. An over-sized boat went by in the same direction, at about 150-feet,  The wake made the boarder sit on the SUP, and paddle back home, disappointed.

The NHMP did make a tour of Winter Harbor a few times Sunday (not Saturday), and made a ½-hour stop later Sunday afternoon. I don't know what the charge could have been: It wasn't likely for noise, as it was a Sea-Doo for "grown-ups".

Still later, neighbors from Brewster days stopped by, by tri-toon boat. Astonishing how quickly Winter Harbor quieted down when all the weekend visitors left.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:04 am

Except THIS is how the posting went....not your edited version:

It's-Not-News Hawk:

obervantone wrote:
So there are at least seven conditions that "initiate" chine-walking.
And the one that YOU selected must be the correct one!

Which one was that? I specified none of those causes.

Really, don't recall this?

It's Not-News Hawk
From looking at the video again, there is definitely "chine-walking" when he first appears into the first frame.

It's been said—and I don't question it—that occurs at 70MPH.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:37 pm

If you were to name the chief manufacturer of "chine-walking machines", wouldn't you pick the smaller of the Donzi boat lines?

This Donzi 16 (video on first page) is a perfect candidate, as can be viewed frame-by-frame.  He was back Saturday, his boat seemingly "off-tune", and scowled in my direction.

drunken

Maybe, as his ample bulk overwhelms his own 16-foot boat in size, maybe "he needs a bigger boat"?

pirat
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 pm

There are two new "invaders" to Winter Harbor". Two baby loons. I put it on this site, but don't want lots of people coming to look until they get a little bigger. So it's a secret for all you guys!! Very Happy
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next