Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed...

4 posters

Go down

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Empty Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed...

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 am

Dammed at Paugus Bay, not damned by oversized Ocean Racers.

Suspect

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Lakema10Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Lakema11

I wonder how this chart comports with the 150-foot rule, regarding illegal speeds along the shoreline?

Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Empty Re: Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed...

Post  red_hill Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 am

It would have been a good post if you hadn't jumped on your soapbox. You are truly a buffoon.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Empty Re: Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed...

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 am

red_hill wrote:It would have been a good post if you hadn't jumped on your soapbox. You are truly a buffoon.

Wouldn't you like to have the lake "the way it was"? Peaceful—with boaters enjoying tubing, sailing, paddling, water-skiing, or just floating around?

scratch

BTW: If you'd kept an aquarium, you'd know not to put aggressive fish into a tank with "peaceable" fish. It would have worked for our dearly-departed boaters—but NO—you had to have the noise and speed of "Winnipesaukee Cowboys".

Here, I looked it up for you:

When starting a community it is a good idea to make a written selection of fish that have all been researched and that all require the same water chemistry, have a similar temperament, and are generally the same size. Always properly research a type of fish before you purchase one.

Following these simple guidelines will help you build a community that is a pleasure to have, rather than one that goes from one problem to the next.

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... CopplecrownMountainWolfeboro
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:36 am

News Hawk wrote:
red_hill wrote:It would have been a good post if you hadn't jumped on your soapbox. You are truly a buffoon.

Wouldn't you like to have the lake "the way it was"? Peaceful—with boaters enjoying tubing, sailing, paddling, water-skiing, or just floating around?

scratch

BTW: If you'd kept an aquarium, you'd know not to put aggressive fish into a tank with "peaceable" fish. It would have worked for our dearly-departed boaters—but NO—you had to have the noise and speed of "Winnipesaukee Cowboys".

When starting a community it is a good idea to make a written selection of fish that have all been researched and that all require the same water chemistry, have a similar temperament, and are generally the same size. Always properly research a type of fish before you purchase one.

Following these simple guidelines will help you build a community that is a pleasure to have, rather than one that goes from one problem to the next.

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... CopplecrownMountainWolfeboro

I spend most of my time enjoying tubing, sailing, paddling, water-skiing, or just floating around... and have yet to have an issue with a go-fast boat (with the exception of thru hull exhausts at docks and NWZs). The lake will never be what it was in 1950 and I am OK with that. We have a great time on this lake and will continue to for years to come. We aren't all the same and I am glad for that! Nor are we fish. Fish don't make and obey rules except for those that nature provides.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

It's-Not-News Hawk....hoax distress originator wrote:
Wouldn't you like to have the lake "the way it was"?
Why don't you start?  Sign your property over to a conservancy so it can be returned to "the way it was" and head back to Florida where you can stay year round.
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 pm

red_hill wrote:
News Hawk wrote:

scratch

I spend most of my time enjoying tubing, sailing, paddling, water-skiing, or just floating around... and have yet to have an issue with a go-fast boat (with the exception of thru hull exhausts at docks and NWZs).  The lake will never be what it was in 1950 and I am OK with that. We have a great time on this lake and will continue to for years to come. We aren't all the same and I am glad for that! Nor are we fish. Fish don't make and obey rules except for those that nature provides.

BTW, my boat has been out of the water like that in the Broads in 3-4'ers at under the SL (probably 40 GPS), just last summer during bike week when the storm passed through on Wed. It is a lot of fun if you are capable and your boat has a nice deep V hull with a lot of deadrise.

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm

obervantone wrote:
Wouldn't you like to have the lake "the way it was"?
Why don't you start?  Sign your property over to a conservancy so it can be returned to "the way it was" and head back to Florida where you can stay year round.

This isn't the way it was:

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... P7200010

(A video with their noise is pending).

affraid

Last edited by News Hawk on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Photo is too small, can't see it but it appears to be people enjoying themselves...what kind of hoax distress signal did you send to try to get them off YOUR lake?
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:24 pm

obervantone wrote:
Photo is too small, can't see it but it appears to be people enjoying themselves...what kind of hoax distress signal did you send to try to get them off YOUR lake?

I got them moved.

They're somebody else's problem.

Very Happy

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:55 pm

You are the WORST kind of scofflaw (to use your own terminology)....issuing false distress signals to get boaters away from "your" lake and then bragging about it.  A while back I seem to remember you posting about a boater in distress that you witnessed near your property...you were commenting on how NO BOATER stopped to help and when I questioned you, you admitted that YOU ALSO DID NOTHING, NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL TO THE MARINE PATROL.

If this were my forum not only would you be banned, but your information would be forwarded to the Marine Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard along with your posts bragging about failure to help a boater in distress and issuing hoax distress signals.

Quite frankly I have no use for you and I truly hope that one day the authorities catch you making one of your hoax distress calls and you spend a good long time in Federal or State prison for it.

OO OUT
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm

"When starting a community it is a good idea to make a written selection of fish that have all been researched and that all require the same water chemistry, have a similar temperament, and are generally the same size."

NH, I can't believe you posted that. It sounds like Communism, where everybody and everything should be alike. You, who HATES Communism!!! And you want the people of the lake to be all alike????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  red_hill Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:49 pm

WHL wrote:"When starting a community it is a good idea to make a written selection of fish that have all been researched and that all require the same water chemistry, have a similar temperament, and are generally the same size."

NH, I can't believe you posted that.  It sounds like Communism, where everybody and everything should be alike.  You, who HATES Communism!!! And you want the people of the lake to be all alike????
You Can't believe it?? You know he will do anything to try to win an argument, regardless of how specious it is!!

red_hill

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:03 pm

obervantone wrote:

I enlarged it. If you were the NHMP, would you see a violation?

Or would you say, "I just see people having fun".

scratch

obervantone wrote:You are the WORST kind of scofflaw (to use your own terminology)....issuing false distress signals to get boaters away from "your" lake and then bragging about it.  A while back I seem to remember you posting about a boater in distress that you witnessed near your property...you were commenting on how NO BOATER stopped to help and when I questioned you, you admitted that YOU ALSO DID NOTHING, NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL TO THE MARINE PATROL.

If this were my forum not only would you be banned, but your information would be forwarded to the Marine Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard along with your posts bragging about failure to help a boater in distress and issuing hoax distress signals.

Quite frankly I have no use for you and I truly hope that one day the authorities catch you making one of your hoax distress calls and you spend a good long time in Federal or State prison for it.

OO OUT

You missed out on a Wolfeboro forum which would have done exactly that. (The long-failed forum I called the Stalinist forum, where people could be made to disappear).

Early Chart of Lake Winnipesaukee Before It Was Dammed... Joseph%20stalin%20with%20nikolai%20yezhov%20photoshopped%20out_edited-1

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:09 pm

WHL wrote:"When starting a community it is a good idea to make a written selection of fish that have all been researched and that all require the same water chemistry, have a similar temperament, and are generally the same size."

NH, I can't believe you posted that.  It sounds like Communism, where everybody and everything should be alike.  You, who HATES Communism!!! And you want the people of the lake to be all alike????

They're FISH!

Laughing

They already live in a Collective.

Laughing

But for harmony in a community fish tank, it's best that they're all about the same size and same temperament. We already know that the "temperament" of alcohol has changed families' destinies on Lake Winnipesaukee. Sad  

As for size, we can't all have "bigger boats".

No

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down