"Better me than a child" ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Better me than a child" ...

Post  fshnski on Thu May 23, 2013 10:53 am

LONDON — A brave scout leader who may have prevented further violence has emerged as an unlikely hero in the apparent terror attack that left one man dead on the streets of London.

Ingrid Loyau-Kennett got off a bus and tried to reason with the two attackers after she tried to help the man lying on the street but found he had no pulse and was already dead.

The 48-year-old mother kept talking to the two bloody attackers before police came, trying to keep them calm.

"I wasn't scared," Loyau-Kennett told British media. "Rather me than a child."

Loyau-Kennett, who lives in Cornwall in southwest England, told several British media outlets Wednesday night and Thursday morning that she was returning from a trip to France and was visiting her children in London when the bus she was on stopped because of the melee.

“Being a cub leader I have my first aid — so when I saw this guy on the floor I thought it was an accident.”

She said she saw a crashed car and the victim lying on the street and tried to help him since she had been trained in first aid. She had determined the man was dead by the time the attackers confronted her.

She said a man "with a black hat and a revolver in one hand and a cleaver in the other came over" and excitedly warned her to stay away from the body.

“He had what looked like butcher’s tools — a little axe, to cut the bones, and two large knives," Loyau-Kennett said. "He said: “Move off the body.”

"So I thought: “OK, I don’t know what is going on here.” He was covered with blood.

"I thought I had better start talking to him before he starts attacking somebody else. I thought these people usually have a message so I said: “What do you want?”

"I asked him why he had done what he had done," The Guardian quoted her as saying. "He said he had killed the man because he (the victim) was a British soldier who killed Muslim women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was furious about the British Army being over there."

When the man told her he was going to kill police when they arrived, she asked him if that was reasonable and tried to keep him engaged.

Then she spoke to the other attacker, who she described as quiet and shy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/better_fiends_during_barbaric_terror_tToP0F57lV7KhWlgphzu9K

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Better me than a child" ...

Post  Outerlimits on Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

Brave woman and a truly selfless act.
Outerlimits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski on Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 am

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk on Thu May 23, 2013 11:39 am

Even if this perp gets Life in prison, he could be "exonerated" in the middle of his jail-time. Just released is a demographic study that shows Britain will be more than 50%-Muslim in 50 years.

Personally, I hope the Brits send him to Gitmo, and risk a "Team-Obama" release.

pale
News Hawk

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Think this could happen here?

Post  fshnski on Thu May 23, 2013 1:56 pm

FAR-RIGHT English Defence League mobs turned out in Woolwich last night clashing with riot police after last night's sickening Islamist terror attack.

Mosques in Woolwich, Braintree in Essex and Gillingham in Kent were also attacked with bricks while anti-Muslim extremists threw bottles at cops in ugly scenes.

More than 100 EDL members chanted “E-E-EDL” as two men were arrested in south-east London.

While a 43-year-old man is in custody on suspicion of attempted arson after reportedly walking into a mosque with a knife in Braintree, Essex.

Another man in Kent is in custody on suspicion of racially-aggravated criminal damage.

EDL leader Tommy Robinson, who headed a group of around 250 men, ranted: “They’re chopping our soldiers’ heads off. This is Islam. That’s what we’ve seen today.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4939336/English-Defence-League-mobs-march-against-Islam.html#ixzz2U8jEZoSQ

“They’ve cut off one of our Army’s heads off on the streets of London.

“Our next generation are being taught through schools that Islam is a religion of peace.

“It’s not. It never has been. What you saw today is Islam.

“Everyone’s had enough. There has to be a reaction, for the Government to listen, for the police to listen, to understand how angry this British public are.”

The secretary of the Braintree mosque, Sikander Saleemy, said he felt like it was a “revenge attack”.

He said: “The police said it’s too early to try and link it to what happened in Woolwich, but those of us who were here feel that it was some sort of revenge attack.

“It was clear from the man’s behaviour. We absolutely condemn what happened in Woolwich, but it had nothing to do with us.

“It was an appalling act of terror - but it wasn’t 'Islamic' in any way. I wish it wasn’t described like that, because sadly people will now start to blame Muslims.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4939336/English-Defence-League-mobs-march-against-Islam.html#ixzz2U8jeIXNE

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4939336/English-Defence-League-mobs-march-against-Islam.html#ixzz2U8jQtZT3

fshnski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum