Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  Outerlimits on Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — When President Barack Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters.
But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law — problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members.
The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem.
"It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."

With all the "great benefits" Obamacare promised how could anyone have believed it was going to cost less and contain the same quality of coverage?

Seriously,

I can't believe how gullible some people were to have believed the government can provide something beneficial without costing someone a great deal.

The Treasury Departments (IRS) union, the people tasked with enforcement of Obamacare, have applied for.....wait for it......wait for it…

A waiver from Obamacare!!! You just can’t make this stuff up. Laughing


But to show that this forum is NOT one of gloom…There is a glimmer of hope.


Thanks to the mountain of Obama Administration scandals, going forward, there will be no part of the Affordable Healthcare Plan that is not put under a microscope. The timing has been perfect to shine a light on a health care plan that is corrupt to the core. We were lied to about the coverage, the cost and about keeping our insurance. The minute the first waiver was issued by the administration the media should have questioned it. It was clearly not a bill for all Americans. It didn’t include the very people that got it passed.

Never trust a chef that won’t eat their own food.

Although the main stream media was incredibly late, they finally came to the party!

Elections have consequences. Hopefully this will awaken the low-information, moderate Democrat and Independent voter, and we can start dismantling this abomination.
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  WHL on Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Outerlimits wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — When President Barack Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters.
But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law — problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members.
The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem.
"It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."

With all the "great benefits" Obamacare promised how could anyone have believed it was going to cost less and contain the same quality of coverage?

Seriously,

I can't believe how gullible some people were to have believed the government can provide something beneficial without costing someone a great deal.

The Treasury Departments (IRS) union, the people tasked with enforcement of Obamacare, have applied for.....wait for it......wait for it…

A waiver from Obamacare!!! You just can’t make this stuff up. Laughing


But to show that this forum is NOT one of gloom…There is a glimmer of hope.


Thanks to the mountain of Obama Administration scandals, going forward, there will be no part of the Affordable Healthcare Plan that is not put under a microscope. The timing has been perfect to shine a light on a health care plan that is corrupt to the core. We were lied to about the coverage, the cost and about keeping our insurance. The minute the first waiver was issued by the administration the media should have questioned it. It was clearly not a bill for all Americans. It didn’t include the very people that got it passed.

Never trust a chef that won’t eat their own food.

Although the main stream media was incredibly late, they finally came to the party!

Elections have consequences. Hopefully this will awaken the low-information, moderate Democrat and Independent voter, and we can start dismantling this abomination.

I don't know how anybody could have thought that Obamacare could cover every one and then not cost more!!

A lot of unions have been exempted. Why would they want to be if it is so wonderful???
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  News Hawk on Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 pm

[quote="Outerlimits"]


With all the "great benefits" Obamacare promised how could anyone have believed it was going to cost less and contain the same quality of coverage?
Well, it seeeeeemed like a good idea at the time.

scratch

avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  WHL on Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

WHO thought it seemed like a good idea at the time?????? Not anybody with any common sense!!!!

Besides, remember "Let's pass the bill and then we can see what's in it"??????
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  News Buzzard on Fri May 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Unexpected consequences can be fixed, but the only help Obama is getting from the other side is repeated attempts at repeal. You guys are never going to see the repeal of Obamacare, not in your lifetimes.

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  News Hawk on Fri May 24, 2013 5:45 pm

News Buzzard wrote:You guys are never going to see the repeal of Obamacare, not in your lifetimes.
Real Americans haven't lost faith in the democratic process.

No

"Voters will be reminded that it is not Republicans who came up with this, but Democrats. The result according to the Medicare Office of the Actuaries is that “One out of seven hospitals will leave Medicare in the next seven years.”

Simple access to medical care will become a problem as more and more physicians decide to close their private practices.

About the only good news is a lawsuit filed by the Pacific Legal Foundation that contends that Obamacare is unconstitutional because the bill originated in the Senate, not the House. Under the Origination Clause of the Constitution, all bills raising revenue must begin in the House.”

Obamacare is the “perfect storm” for the Democratic Party. It will swamp them in 2014."
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/54468

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  Outerlimits on Fri May 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Buzzard,

When you watched Jaws, did you root for the shark?
avatar
Outerlimits

Posts : 933
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  News Buzzard on Fri May 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Buzzard,

When you watched Jaws, did you root for the shark?

That's funny! You're running out of time and you know it. Once this thing is in place and the dust settles, there is no turning back. The special interests are trying to kill Obamacare!

_________________
(Hillary) Bernie in 2016! Very Happy
avatar
News Buzzard

Posts : 3091
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  WHL on Fri May 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Buzzard,

When you watched Jaws, did you root for the shark?

Good one!!!! lol!
avatar
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6037
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  News Hawk on Sat May 25, 2013 9:34 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...The special interests are trying to kill Obamacare...!

..."Simplifying for the Low-Information Voter"...:

Rolling Eyes

avatar
News Hawk

Posts : 7962
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

View user profile http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Re: Some unions now angry about health care overhaul

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum