Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

+2
WHL
fshnski
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences Empty IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:33 am

Is anybody in charge?

The Internal Revenue Service spent an estimated $49 million on at least 220 conferences for employees over a three-year span beginning in fiscal 2010, according to a forthcoming report that will prompt fresh scrutiny of the already embattled agency.

The findings come as the Obama administration is overhauling the agency after officials admitted that dozens of political groups were inappropriately scrutinized as they sought tax-exempt status. The admission forced the resignation of the agency’s acting commissioner and has sparked criminal and congressional investigations.

Seeking to get ahead of the fresh controversy, IRS Acting Commissioner Daniel Werfel acknowledged the report in a statement late Friday, but didn’t share any of the findings. He called the spending “an unfortunate vestige from a prior era” and said that the agency has significantly curtailed conference spending in recent years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/irs-faces-new-scrutiny-for-excessive-spending-on-conferences/2013/06/01/e1469324-cab2-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html?hpid=z1
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences Empty Re: IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 am

The left has an excuse for almost everything! No excuse? ignore it, change it or hide it.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences Empty Re: IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences

Post  WHL Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Isn't that just disgusting!? Does it surprise you? NO? Does it make you sick? YES? But will they keep doing it? Yep! Just like all these other agencies, they bring it up, everybody says how awful and unnecessary it is, and then it is forgotten and they go right back to doing it again.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:40 pm

This nation is out of control and as divided as I have ever seen it. This administration is in over their heads. That's why they didn't respond in Benghazi, They didn't know what to do. They are afraid to call a terrorist a terrorist because if they upset one of our enemies they don't know how to respond.They get their information from the newspaper so they had no clue about what was going on in the IRS. Is this the best leadership this nation has?

Last edited by fshnski on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 pm

fshnski wrote:This nation is out of control and as divided as I have ever seen it. This administration is in over their heads.

You are so right on both accounts.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Please, this nation is nowhere near out of control.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Would you like me to prove it?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 pm

If so you need to at least read what I post.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:54 pm

fshnski wrote:Would you like me to prove it?

Go ahead, prove why this country is out of control! Rolling Eyes
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 am

Out of control?

1) Does it matter that "We the People" were lied to on 9-11-2012?

2) That Morris, Oklahoma is not a "disaster area", when it has been much more thoroughly removed from Planet Earth than Long Island—which got more than $2-Billions from Team Obama?

3) That at the behest of a government agency—who we pay for—is punishing Americans for criticism of Government?

4) That an American citizen can be targeted by an Obama drone?

5) That the "rot" extends from the IRS through the EPAand who knows, where else?

Can "We the People" trust our employees—Team-Obama—with the truth any longer?

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences 935118_10151491298402740_1765902229_n

WHL wrote:
fshnski wrote:This nation is out of control and as divided as I have ever seen it. This administration is in over their heads.

You are so right on both accounts.

How many times do I have to write,
"Stalin would be proud"

Question

This is even worse than "Jimmy Carter's Second Term": we have the Marxist foxes guarding the IRS henhouse.

I'm reminded of the Team-Obama's Security advisor Valerie Jarrett, who threatened the American people with "Revenge"—duplicated by Obama, himself, with:

Obama’s “revenge” remark came at a late-campaign stop in Springfield, Ohio, when he mentioned Republican Mitt Romney’s name and the crowd booed.

“No, no, no, don’t boo. Vote,” Obama told the crowd. “Vote!

Voting is the best revenge.”

pale

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 am

This Forum of Gloom is nothing but a forum of sore losers! Obama won easily last November, and now your mission is to whine over the next 3 1/2 years. I'm sure you must find it very depressing that the economy is picking up, despite repeated attempts by the Republicans to scuttle it. The train has pulled out and the Republicans are still in the station. Hillary in 2016! afro
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:04 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Our country pays for foreigners while our roads and bridges are falling apart.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Minorities have priorities over the majority.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:07 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Politicians are allowed to lie, to cheat, to coverup and to change facts if they are inconvenient.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 am

Both excellent points in your last two posts, fsh.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Some of country thinks that by taking my gun away it will have some effect on crime in the inner cities.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you WHL.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 am

fshnski wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:

Some of country thinks that by taking my gun away it will have some effect on crime in the inner cities.

The Republicans have a hobby of skewing the facts! No one ever suggested taking your gun away, and no one ever suggested ever creating a national registry. The only thing the overwhelming majority of Americans was looking for was a system of background checks, but it was filibustered in the Senate. The only thing the Republicans are good at is abusing the filibuster.

I think I've wasted enough time here today.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 am

News Buzzard wrote:

We have a tremendously divided country with no cooperation from either side. You picked a president that has caused this but it's not your fault it's everybody else's.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Using percentages on crime is disallowed.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 am

News Buzzard wrote:Please, this nation is nowhere near out of control.

Corporations are people.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 am

News Buzzard wrote:

There are persons that actually think that violent movies and games have no effect on youngsters.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:49 am

News Buzzard wrote:

There are many many people who think that it is right to award laziness while punishing those who work hard and contribute.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

IRS faces new scrutiny for excessive spending on conferences Empty In control?

Post  fshnski Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 am

News Buzzard wrote:

Isn't this where your president is from?

http://www.heyjackass.com/
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 am

Rolling Eyes *yawn*..... And everyone knows that everything wrong in the world is because of that negro Obama....

Hey News Buzz, I'm not seeing any hateful bumper stickers here in NM....kinda like it here!
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next