Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism?

+2
News Buzzard
fshnski
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism? Empty Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism?

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 am

Do they not trust me and you?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism? Empty Re: Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism?

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

It's been going on for seven years. And now the author of the Patriot Act, Rep Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wi), thinks it's an overreach. The Patriot Act was signed into law in October, 2001, and extended in 2011:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/06/author-patriot-act-says-phone-records-collection-excessive/

News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism? Empty Re: Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism?

Post  WHL Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 am

Of course!!! Laughing It's Bush's fault!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...It's been going on for seven years..."

It's now official:

...this is...

"Bush's Fourth Term"!

lol!
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:21 am

The eavesdropping program, as stated in the article, still has solid support from conservatives Mike Rogers and Saxy Chambliss, but not Rand Paul. In the right hand column of the article you may notice the Real Clear Politics polling; Obama-47.8% approval rating, and Congress-14.4% approval. No matter how hard you try, you're still having a difficult time trying to take Obama down, and a 14.4% approval rating for Congress may not bode well for the Republicans next year.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:22 am

News Buzzard wrote:It's been going on for seven years. And now the author of the Patriot Act, Rep Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wi), thinks it's an overreach. The Patriot Act was signed into law in October, 2001, and extended in 2011:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/06/author-patriot-act-says-phone-records-collection-excessive/

Why wasn't that corrected in the last 5 years?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Outerlimits Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

News Buzzard wrote:It's been going on for seven years. And now the author of the Patriot Act, Rep Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wi), thinks it's an overreach. The Patriot Act was signed into law in October, 2001, and extended in 2011:

If you think the scope of what was done under George W. Bush is anywhere near what this current allegation states…I don't know where to begin.

I'll start with: You're just wrong.

This is on a scale that is massive, SECRET and all encompassing.

Can you explain why the FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE COURT is making orders for domestic spying against U.S. citizens that aren't abroad? Is it chilling to you that a citizen is not allowed to even speak that there is such an order? Or those two democrats that seem to be the main watch dogs in the Senate also can't be specific without breaking the law?

One of the pillars of the original 0bama campaign crucified George W. Bush’s anti-terrorism policies suggesting many of them violated the Constitution and he would work with the Attorney General to end each and every practice that was in violation of people’s civil liberties. 0bama has taken those policies and put them on steroids. With all the recent scandals, one has to ask…What were they looking for, terrorism or something else?
Outerlimits
Outerlimits

Back to top Go down

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism? Empty No permission from internet companies. Washington Post

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign targets, according to a top-secret document obtained by The Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html?hpid=z1
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Watch him try to wiggle his way out of this one-trying to prove his presidency is the most transparent. Don't forget, it's a British newspaper that usually breaks the stories, not any news media in this country.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/14/obama_this_is_the_most_transparent_administration
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 pm

What would Obama be trying to wiggle out of? The NSA is acting under the authority of the Patriot Act, and with a proper warrant signed by a judge. You must have all thought I was fooling when I said that the government may be mining this forum for subversive posts against the government. This was all OK when Bush and Cheney were doing it, but now that it's on Obama's watch he has to wiggle out of it! Welcome to the 21st Century!

I am somewhat suspicious that all of these alleged scandals are coming to the surface at the same time! It would have nothing to do with the Republicans trying to scuttle Obama's second term goals. Rolling Eyes (Immigration, background checks, a budget with tax reform, the implementation of Obamacare, etc) I'm sure the Congress must be proud of it's 14.4% popularity rating! No
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Why is our government spying on me and you in the fight against terrorism? Empty To whom it may concern ..

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm

I state here and now that I think our government is going in the wrong direction. I believe our present administration thinks their agenda is more important than our Country. I think they lie and cheat and that their hearts pump hatred to any and all who disagree.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:36 pm

The majority of Americans would agree with you, but I think the Obama Administration is more in lockstep with the Bush Administration. That has to be very disappointing to liberals.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm

They have had 5 years to correct it.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:46 pm

They obviously feel that this surveillance is critical to keeping us safe, and there's obviously a lot we don't know. Did you ever think you would have a stranger patting you down and rifling through your luggage at an airport? Like I said, this is the 21st century, whether we like it or not!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Why target me? Don't you think the feds time would be better spent targeting the enemy?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 pm

News Buzzard wrote:They obviously feel that this surveillance is critical to keeping us safe, and there's obviously a lot we don't know. Did you ever think you would have a stranger patting you down and rifling through your luggage at an airport? Like I said, this is the 21st century, whether we like it or not!

And why is that so? Because our nation is out of control! And you expect us to just accept it.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I don't think our nation is out of control, and we all get a chance to vote in the elections.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:05 pm

For the sake of us all I hope you open your eyes and ears.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Obviously you didn't watch the speech in the link I provided, NB.

It isn't the Congress that is discovering all Obama's scandals (and I see even YOU are acknowledging them as such), it is the British Press and other. But not Congress. Perhaps Congress should have. Don't forget, Congress is half Democrats.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

WHL wrote:Obviously you didn't watch the speech in the link I provided, NB.

It isn't the Congress that is discovering all Obama's scandals (and I see even YOU are acknowledging them as such), it is the British Press and other. But not Congress. Perhaps Congress should have. Don't forget, Congress is half Democrats.

Your link didn't open up, WHL, and I think I said alleged scandals! Beating the drum of scandal has a result of derailing the work of the congress, and it shows by their 14.4% popularity rating. Obama made a case for the phone mining today, and I'm good with it.
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 pm

We will see how many persons agree with you. I am not one of them.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Google and Obama ties. Civis Analytics
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Michele Malkin? FOX News Contributor? I don't think so!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

You don't believe what was in that article was true? C'mon. If it was in the NY Times you would believe it.

WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next