Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? Empty Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...?

Post  News Hawk Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 am

I don't even know where Morrison's Cove is located, however, I see a clash between "us" and "them", and wrote about it at FATP.

"...There are some people trying to impose a no wake zone in Morrison cove and some of the petitioners DO NOT own land IN Morrison cove. how is it that possible?? just because you live in a town (not even on the lake) you can attempt to impose restrictions on others?? (who DO live on the lake and in the cove and are opposed to the nwz) this is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure don't think folks who live in alton or laconia should have a say in what goes on in "our" cove....and as soon as the nwz is implemented then here come all the RUDE, OBNOXIOUS rafters who (OMIT: think they can) hang out all day in the cove, completely taking it over, blocking easy access to my dock/beach....then disposing of any litter/trash/ personal items, use the lake as their toilet (where else are they relieving themselves when they are anchored ALL DAY) then my neighbors and I spend the next few days picking up their trash......what a nightmare!!!!!! "
—FATP

The NWZ proposal may be to improve rafting conditions at the sandbar. Shocked 

Look to SBONH to continue to send Lake Winnipesaukee's "QoL" issues down the toilet—literally. No 

Another bill stalled in the NH Legislature would double the number of rafts—and increase (by 2x) the density of rafters. Surprised 

In these lean times, when the middle-class property owner is forced to rent-out their cottages, repeat business is a godsend. However, when you already see the problems of noise and trash, the rental business—especially the repeat business—is doomed.

Since it's retained the QoL that once was Winnipesaukee's, Squam Lake rentals are the benefactor of Winnipesaukee's rowdy third-world instigators.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? Empty Re: Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...?

Post  WHL Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 am

Well, it is really no different than the speed limit issue. Legislators from Manchester are telling us we need a speed limit on the lake, when they have no idea if we do or not. But I do agree, we who live on or use the lake are the ones that should determine what happens at the lake. Why do those from away care????
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? Empty Re: Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...?

Post  News Hawk Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:42 am

I think high speeds scare potential renters away--after just one visit.

Noise sends residents away. New buyers are confronted by rapidly decreasing QoL issues they never expected. Why do you suppose Wolfeboro has so many realtors--and repeat business?

In the sense that Winnipesaukee once was Norman Rockwell's lake, "On Golden Pond" had, as its main character, a man named "Norman".
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:24 am

I think most of the reason that people sell is that they are sick and tired of the high taxes. Or they just plain can't afford them. This lake is not Golden Pond. If someone wants that they shouldn't buy here.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 am

WHL wrote:"...This lake is not Golden Pond..."
Parts of Winnipesaukee still are.

In the lifetimes of most of us, it was.

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/t146925

Stop the change to rafting's doubled-expansions!

affraid 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 am

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? GEDC0035_zpsa525887e

Although this is the 2-story cottage that friends built to watch their only child at "summer-camp" waterfront play, you wonder if they got a surprise when viewing the summer camp for boys that only closed in 1978. (Two-tenths of a mile from their cottage). Shocked 

Yes, there's a nice 2-story cottage in there!  

Winnipesaukee and Winter Harbor could be called "The Smile of The Great Spirit" not so long ago. Now we have SBONH lobbyists in Concord—and in their own words—"working behind the scenes".

pale
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am

And people wonder why it isn't worth posting here.. News Hawk takes every chance to take pot shots. Not worth anyone's time or effort to even discuss with him.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 am

WHL wrote:I think most of the reason that people sell is that they are sick and tired of the high taxes.  Or they just plain can't afford them.  This lake is not Golden Pond. If someone wants that they shouldn't buy here.
Funny, I just found out that a Winter Harbor owner sold because of "high taxes", but he's come back to rent nearby for the whole summer!

He's looking for a place to buy—found my rental place too small—and, after looking around, decided he likes Winter Harbor to live on!

But not for the same reasons I do—which is the mystique of "The Great Spirit".

Stay 'til Fall, when all the lights go out around the lake, and you'll see what the Abenaki saw three thousand years ago! Camp Wyanoke had that same mystique—but in "high season"—where they had the same true freedoms as the Abenaki.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:44 am

sumrluvr wrote:And people wonder why it isn't worth posting here.. News Hawk takes every chance to take pot shots. Not worth anyone's time or effort to even discuss with him.

Shocked  "Behind the scene" were your own words!

Surprised 

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? 2qtv4zl

No one is more responsible for ruining "The Great Spirit" on the lake.

Sad
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 am

Hey Jack Ass.. It simply means we are not out making every step we take public. Your precious Winnfabs never told anyone what they were doing in Concord. Some of the tactics they used where not only behind the scenes but out right lies. But why let the facts get in the way.

We do not have the obligation to announce every step of the legislative process. If you are that concerned then get involved instead of spouting off nonsense as usual.

Again WHL you wonder why I choose not to participate on forums where this cancer of a member is allowed to post.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 am

sumrluvr wrote:Hey Jack Ass.. It simply means we are not out making every step we take public. Your precious Winnfabs never told anyone what they were doing in Concord. Some of the tactics they used where not only behind the scenes but out right lies. But why let the facts get in the way.

We do not have the obligation to announce every step of the legislative process. If you are that concerned then get involved instead of spouting off nonsense as usual.

Again WHL you wonder why I choose not to participate on forums where this cancer of a member is allowed to post.

WinnFABS was out-front with their goals, and posted same in newspapers. They didn't want any more noise combined with lake fatalities.

"Safe" Boaters is the lamest excuse for a "safety-concerned enterprise" which consists of greedy, self-styled "saviors" (and selfish "visitors"), who plot to convert Lake Winnipesaukee to their own noisy, deadly, and depraved third-world likeness!

SBONH conveniently forgets that The Big Lake consists of thousands of residents in bays, harbors, inlets and coves—who try to keep themselves alive—and New Hampshire near solvency.

What happens when residents decide Narragansett Bay is nicer—not having the "Party Cove" atmosphere that SBONH demands?

Your own words...

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? 1zf1x00
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:23 am

Winnfabs claimed safety as their goal. But now their defunct website you cannot see that. They also used pictures of the ocean stating how crowded the lake had become. Why is that acceptable?

They used a bill to "test" the speed limits then never allowed the test to be completed or results to come in.

They never consulted the Marine Patrol for their thoughts even though they are the ones in charge or safety and have to enforce needless laws.

Winnfabs carried around the same petition calling it "new" however when the people were called on the petition they had signed one years ago and didn't even know they were listed. Some people were dead. Some had moved out of state, however Winnfabs claimed these signatures as "newly signed against the current speed limit"

Working with some state reps. they found that the same email had been circulated from "residents". When contacted they said they wrote that particular email years ago and had sent it to the Winnfabs. The Winnfabs recirculated the emails to make it appear they had the people's support.

These are just some of the unethical activities they did... But again why let facts get in the way?

You claim SBONH is not out there for safety? Call the MP and see what they think. We work in conjunction with them when we have an initative. They call us when they need support. If the dept. of safety feels we are an asset for safety on the lake then I guess your opinion is more important.

We have partnered and work directly with LRSPS, The Governors Water Access and Advisory Board, the US Coast Guard Aux and work with NH Lakes association. This is all done publically. However we don't hold a press conferences to explain everything we do. You will just twist the words anyway.

So go put you head back in the hole it came from. You are a POS and no twisting of the facts will change that.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? Empty ...The Great Spirit Is NOT Amused...

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 am

You're NOT up against WinnFABS any longer.

When you get some hours on the Gulf of Mexico, come back and tell us how much experience you got from ripping up Lake Winnipesaukee for a handful of summers.

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am

I am still involved. I still will be there in the summers. I don't simply cut and run from issues that mean a lot to me and affect my friends and family.

I have nothing to prove to someone by the likes of you.

Winnfabs are defunct. NOT SBONH. We are not a one hit wonder and will continue to work the groups to improve the lake. Not just sit back and throw rocks at houses.

You are pathetic and it is a shame you cannot realize how people view you. If you weren't such an A-hole I may actually feel sorry for you.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

sumrluvr wrote:"...Winnfabs are defunct. NOT SBONH...
So WinnFABS makes a "safe" target?

In the American experience, families are still engaged for their own safety—expect your selfish, long-distant efforts to be reversed upon the first fatality.

You got your Info-Mercial onto another forum, so now you can go away.

Rolling Eyes 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am

I didn't know Winnfabs was defunct and SBONH is not. Proves who was in it for one thing-the speed limits doesn't it? And they said Safe Boaters were in it for one thing. I love it!

Sumr, take APS with a grain of salt. He can't help himself. I kind of enjoy watching you two go at it, knowing it's not me. Course we all know APS is wrong in this situation. Please keep posting.

I don't know if you knew but we had an issue with this forum, somebody hacked it and everyone got banned messages when we tried to come on. We lost a few members (we think they think they were banned when we didn't want them banned) and it was just when we were building momentum. So I hope whoever did it is happy.

How is the boat running? I hope you haven't had any problems!!Very Happy 
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Boat is great.. Rather hot down here on the water for the kids so I have been limited to my boating activities. Definitely been out a bunch though. Also still getting settled. I would say we are 80% unpacked. The issue is that we do not have the storage I did back up north. Even though this is a much bigger house it doesn't have a basement, workshop, garage, shed etc. Luckily I have a 3 car garages son one bay handles much of the overflow.

Thanks for asking. :-)

APS/NH/MOT whatever JackAss wants to call himself is not worth my time. He just is an annoying pee on that thinks he is an expert on everything. I just don't like him making false assumptions with not facts to back up his statements.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:01 pm

WHL wrote:"...I didn't know Winnfabs was defunct and SBONH is not.   Proves who was in it for one thing-the speed limits doesn't it?  And they said Safe Boaters were in it for one thing..."  
You didn't know that going as fast as you could—as drunk as you wanted to be—was a recipe for families NOT enjoying the lake any longer?

Shocked 

See?

OCDactive will attack the presently defunct WinnFABS, that successfully "got the job done". (with a single new law).

So WHL thinks that anchoring overnight, allowing dragboats, removing mufflers, doubling of rafting boats, blocking narrow inlets (defined as having openings less than 1000-feet) and tying up to shoreline trees is a masterpiece of SBONH "work"?

Shocked

"It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood: if they be repealed or revised before they are promoted, or undergo such incessant changes, that no man who knows what the law is today, can guess what it will be tomorrow."
—James Madison in the Federalist Papers"
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 pm

and that is why everyone thinks you are again a Jackass.

I think that should be the response to every post you make. Pretty much sums it up.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm

I think you just put words in my mouth NH.  Or words on my typing.  You know I don't agree with drunk boating or reckless boating or tying up to shore or blocking narrow inlets.  But I don't like the speed limits, I don't think the law was necessary and hasn't done a thing to make me, at least, feel any safer on the lake.  Personally I kind of like the sound of the load boats.  If people use them as they are meant to be used, the noise goes by and that is the end of it.  So what.  I have heard a couple in the past that are just unbelievable though.  I do think 82 decibel is a little low.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Not sure if it is a typo but the limit is actually 92 (I believe)

I had mine tested over at MP HQ right before I left and it was at 91/92 depending on the distance they held the wand. Apparently there is also a 2 dcb buffer due to the test not being perfect.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I spent good money to place a landline at the dock.

I'd should like to hear the other person on the line—weekends.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Morrison Cove's Rafting Problem...? Empty NH can't help himself

Post  Guest 1 Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:00 pm

He was bullied as a child so he can only try and bully back from a safe place which is from behind a keyboard. He is no threat, just ignore him, all but 2 or 3 people on the face of the earth give anything he says any credence. I actually feel sorry for him having to go through life like this.

Guest 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Jackass! @ NH not guest 1.

Good to have a new poster here. Welcome
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Yes, good to have a new poster if it really is a new poster, but I think maybe it's not.

Guest, please be nice. You can state your opinions without attacking. You are right about one thing, just ignore anybody you don't like.

Sumr, you might be right, you think it is 92? It's been so long, I probably forgot. We got the invitation to go out to Timber. I don't think they do that any more though, do they? Somebody said they didn't??
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next