Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're the NHMP—how many tickets can you write?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You're the NHMP—how many tickets can you write? - Page 2 Empty Re: You're the NHMP—how many tickets can you write?

Post  News Hawk Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Outerlimits wrote:Have you ever not come to a complete stop when taking a right on red?   Have you ever driven your car 67mph on 93?  Have you used your directional every single time you have made a turn?

I'm "good" with the directional signals: I leave them on all the time to keep others guessing.

Very Happy 

Outerlimits wrote:Yeah the MP could have cited the operator, maybe even both.  But why?  Do we employ police to make money by handing out as many tickets as they can or are they there to promote safety?  Yes this is really not all that safe and it is against the law in New Hampshire, but in comparison to what I see out on the lake every weekend, this is an insignificant infraction and provides little danger to public safety.

Rudy Giuliani famously adopted "The One Broken Window" philosophy, and dragged the millions of Noo Yawkers into Civility.  Maybe you didn't like spending salaries on otherwise-idle or bumbling LEOs, but it worked famously!

Outerlimits wrote:I get what you are saying NH but I would rather have the Marine Patrol looking out for yahoos that are truly causing public safety hazards.   Think about it, if the MP stopped these two and cited both.  The state would get what???  300 bucks???  And it would probably take up an hour, maybe an hour and a half of the officer’s time.   That time could have been spent deterring behavior that really is a hazard to public safety.
NHMP MAY lose money on every stop, but it doesn't mean that cruising past such infractions benefits Safety.
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

You're the NHMP—how many tickets can you write? - Page 2 Empty Re: You're the NHMP—how many tickets can you write?

Post  WHL Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm "good" with the directional signals: I leave them on all the time to keep others guessing.

Now that cracked me up, NH!!!

Would you guys be a little kinder to each other. It's not fair to name names and groups or call each other names. Course I am not a moderator now since the hacking. Still, I want this forum to be a little nice.

WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:11 pm

WHL wrote:Oh, glad it's not just me!!!!!
Maybe you both have Macs.

If you press "CTRL", and scroll to shrink the print, the two boats will[ appear.

Cool
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2