Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downings open

5 posters

Go down

Downings open Empty Downings open

Post  WHL Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Downings open Empty Re: Downings open

Post  sumrluvr Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:55 pm

That has been a LONG time coming. When I sat on the governor's public water access and advisory board this was out #1 priority and concern. The red tape to get a public ramp was incredible! Very happy to have it done and open!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Good job by all! It's about time. I wonder how crowded it will get?
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Everything you want to get done today includes red tape. Let's start a campaign to ban red tape!!!!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:54 am

I'm pretty sure I mentioned being tossed in the wake of a bow-rider—going about 25-MPH—only 25-feet from my sailboat.

Yes, still another boater without knowledge of NH's RSAs.

No 

This morning, I found one of two photos. This one I took over my shoulder, and the camera didn't have enough time to do its usual auto-focusing.  Shocked 

I'm in the middle of his wake—note the "breaking" wake to the left—looking at the rear of his boat.

(You may need to shrink your screen to see the boat to the right).

Downings open 106zivm

The other photo is sharp enough, but his boat was too distant to mean anything to the casual viewer.

Surprised that he didn't swerve, I failed to note the registration number. Now I'm thinking he was bound-and-determined to get around the marker off Ayers Point, and I was just a small consideration to his progress.

No 

At least, on Lake Winnipesaukee, he wasn't able to do this "near-miss" at 50-MPH or even double that.

Evil or Very Mad

News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 am

Way to go Jackass.. Take something that many people worked hard on to attract families and revenue to the lake and try to spin it into something about you and your agenda.

What a tool!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 am

There are entire families with unrequited egos?

Shocked 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm

How did this thread get so far topic.

I went by Downings Landing the other day and everything was running smoothly with the launching of boats and fishing. There seemed to be plenty of parking.

Thanks NH Fish and Game.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 am

Donzel wrote:I went by Downings Landing the other day and everything was running smoothly with the launching of boats and fishing.  There seemed to be plenty of parking. Thanks NH Fish and Game.

Thanks?

I dunno. We haven't had any fatalities since the Ames Farm (the only other ramp) got closed.

In the parking area, did you see many of those six-wheel trailers that Ocean-Racers use?

Donzel wrote:How did this thread get so far topic. [?]
I don't know what OCDactive's point is, except maybe he's about to post photos of sweating Lobbyists in Concord.

Rolling Eyes 

My point was that Ocean-Racers (y'know, Lake Winnipesaukee's "Experienced Boaters"... Rolling Eyes...) will be off-loading bigger boats than Winnipesaukee can handle.  "Experienced Boaters" are the ones doing the complaining about family boaters—Go figure...

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:28 am

News Hawk wrote:
Donzel wrote:I went by Downings Landing the other day and everything was running smoothly with the launching of boats and fishing.  There seemed to be plenty of parking. Thanks NH Fish and Game.

Thanks?

I dunno. We haven't had any fatalities since the Ames Farm (the only other ramp) got closed.

In the parking area, did you see many of those six-wheel trailers that Ocean-Racers use?

Donzel wrote:How did this thread get so far topic. [?]
I don't know what OCDactive's point is, except maybe he's about to post photos of sweating Lobbyists in Concord.

Rolling Eyes 

My point was that Ocean-Racers (y'know, Lake Winnipesaukee's "Experienced Boaters"... Rolling Eyes...) will be off-loading bigger boats than Winnipesaukee can handle.  "Experienced Boaters" are the ones doing the complaining about family boaters—Go figure...

scratch

I didn't pay much attention to the size of the trailers.

I don't think that someone who has enough money to buy a big boat will be launching at Downings Landing. They usually have a slip somewhere on the lake or own shore lone property.

This area will be used by people who just want to spend a day on the lake and then take there boat home after that. Large boats don't do that.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:44 am

One of the largest complaints we received at PWAAB was the extreme limited access to the big lake for the public. This new ramp constituted a lot of hard work and sacrifice by volunteers (not lobbyists) who gave up their time to help get this accomplished. This in hopes to make it easier, less expensive, more inviting and generate much needed revenue for the area and lakes region.

The lake belongs to everyone in the state not just you.

You sir (Newshawk) again continue to prove how much of a jackass everyone knows you to be.

Last edited by sumrluvr on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm

sumrluvr wrote:"...This in hopes to make it easier, less expensive, more inviting and generate much needed revenue for the area and lakes region..."
Of course, there's nothing in it for you...

Rolling Eyes 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 pm

News Hawk wrote:
sumrluvr wrote:"...This in hopes to make it easier, less expensive, more inviting and generate much needed revenue for the area and lakes region..."
Of course, there's nothing in it for you...

Rolling Eyes 

I live in Florida and have my own ramp when I am there... So what are you implying?

jackass!
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Would you two please stop calling each other jackass and giving "outing" tips about each other? Argue nice please. It doesn't bother me and I don't think it bothers Admin., but I don't want you to get mad at each other and stop posting.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks WHL.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:08 pm

WHL wrote:Would you two please stop calling each other jackass and giving "outing" tips about each other?  Argue nice please.  It doesn't bother me and I don't think it bothers Admin., but I don't want you to get mad at each other and stop posting.

It doesn't bother me if they bicker.

I've talked to a lot of people south of Lake Winni and they are very pleased that the Fish and Game purchased Downings Landing.  They can now launch their boat at the very end of the lake and park their trailer there also.

Thank you forum member "sumrluvr" if you helped get this done. Very Happy

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Over many years I have tried to stay civil and have a normal discussion. This apparently isn't possible with the likes of him.

Just look at how many Wolfeboro forums have split up over the years due to the constant ramblings and controversy brought on by one forum member.

Winni.com just recently lifted over a 2 year long screening of every post. You have to hand it to Don for dealing with that and actually having to read every submittal.

On the two other Wolfeboro forums: one banned him outright and the other has absolutely no activity for he dominates every thread and doesn't let people even hold a normal conversation. So, everyone has left.

That is what is happening here. I started to enjoy this and the other forumcab run by dragonfly because they would shut him down.

I am just calling it as I see it. Jackass seems to be the most suitable name for him.

We can't be blind as to the destruction and headaches he has caused.

Simply look at this nice thread over a new public launch that the lake has been in desperate need for years. It gets spun into a controversy concerning his definition of "ocean racers"

Sorry it is this constant attack and the pushing of his agenda that is driving people away not me pointing out the obvious that he is acting like a jackass which in turn is causing people to leave or not post.

rant over and membership under re-evaluation.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Donzel wrote:
WHL wrote:Would you two please stop calling each other jackass and giving "outing" tips about each other?  Argue nice please.  It doesn't bother me and I don't think it bothers Admin., but I don't want you to get mad at each other and stop posting.

It doesn't bother me if they bicker.

I've talked to a lot of people south of Lake Winni and they are very pleased that the Fish and Game purchased Downings Landing.  They can now launch their boat at the very end of the lake and park their trailer there also.

Thank you forum member "sumrluvr" if you helped get this done. Very Happy

Thank you for the Thank you.

Honestly I was just on the board. The Fish and Game Dept. did most of the leg work. We just helped formulate a plan and voted on it. With the dwindling state owned shore front and the resistance of private shore front owners where they do not want it "in my back yard" the options were and have been very slim.

It was a great find and the price point was right on target. We wished there was better / more parking for trailers but the ramps themselves are top notch.

While I dropped off the board since my relocation I still receive updates. They are still looking for locations in other areas of the lake to make it more accessible to those who are not fortunate enough to be shore front owners or land owners in the towns. Some of which require permits to park i.e. states landing.

Will keep you posted if anything else is on the boards or may require help / opinions.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm

sumrluvr wrote:Way to go Jackass.. Take something that many people worked hard on to attract families and revenue to the lake and try to spin it into something about you and your agenda.

What a tool!
scratch 

I merely wrote about my day's encounter on Lake Winnipesaukee.

BTW:

I intend to remain dedicated to the rules when I signed on here.

For some, this forum is a throw-away forum.

No 

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 am

Sumr, the second Wolfeboro forum was already dead and he tried to revive it by posting even as you said rambling, just to get some interest. It has been almost silent for probably about a year. So though we can blame him for some things, we can't blame him for that. Smile  He really helped get this forum going with his posts and has been loyal to it. Try to take him for him and don't let him get under your skin-just what he likes to do.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 am

I agree with WHL.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Downings open Empty Comment at FATP...

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:52 am

(Best New Hampshire Lakes—WMUR article).

"You should be glad. If it isn't mentioned then Lake Wentworth will remain a lovely lake with fewer boaters".

What's she saying?

That more "out of town" boaters are bad?

Lake Wentworth don' need no steenkin' new ramps?

That "more revenue" makes New Hampshire so very special, and not like Massachusetts?

scratch
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down