Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal...

+2
WHL
News Hawk
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 Empty Re: Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal...

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 pm

fshnski wrote:I have seen many stupid acts in the 30 years I have boated on Winni. I never let them bother me so much that they ruined my day.
How can you tell a boat captain is drunk at the helm?

Can you tell by observing repeated violations of NH's RSAs?
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 Empty Re: Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal...

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Last edited by News Hawk on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...moved...thread "drift"...)
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 pm

You sound like a nut!
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:57 am

fshnski wrote:You sound like a nut!
I AM a nut, when it comes to drunken Winnipesaukee boaters...

This IS NOT the worst of YouTube's Lake Winnipesaukee videos—which were deleted! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apL6DC3-RJU

Caution: Not for office viewing...Extremely Foul language!

Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:01 am

Classy people.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:28 am

Can you imagine making a video like that?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:29 am

No.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:39 am

This is bad enough—I've been following much worse—YouTube has removed them.

Would you share the lake with these people—'cuz you are!

Suspect 

WHL wrote:I don't happen to agree with you about the speed.  I think speed is the very least problem on the lake.  
Then you might agree with the current efforts to change—for the worse—NH's boating RSAs regarding rafting to shoreline trees, or removing of mufflers from speedboats. (What passed the NH Legislature, which I termed the "Trojan Horse Bill".

Nor would you agree with this letter, written about a dual-fatality not far away, where they have no 150-foot rule on distances:

OUR LAKE HAS BEEN TURNED INTO A WATERY GRAVEYARD!

There is no debate that Mr. LaPointe’s substance abuse had recklessly and shamefully contributed and caused the deaths of the unsuspecting innocent passengers in the victim’s boat. Law states that a person commits the crime of manslaughter if he/she recklessly "causes the death of another human being”.(In Mr. LaPointe’s case, 2 people died.) It must be the old policy question regarding the validity of punishing a person, Mr. LaPointe, criminally for reckless activity when the "victims" to some degree participated in reckless conduct. But is this fair to let Mr. LaPointe off the hook for manslaughter? Is it simply a legal loophole?

Mr. LaPointe clearly operated his 32’ cigarette boat with disregard for other boaters, especially on a dark night while knowing other boats were nearby. Mr. LaPointe clearly used his huge offshore boat as a weapon in a manner that endangered life, beside operating his boat too close too shore. May God forbid that his “NO PATIENCE water weapon” did not slam into a lakefront home with sleeping occupants instead of those trees.(Yeah, we saw the mess.)

Were the poor victims negligent? Maybe, but then so, in some respect, IS EVERY other swimmer, jet skier, canoe operator, kayaker, and boater on the Long Lake waters. Reckless behavior can be interpreted in 100’s of different ways, so then nobody will or could ever be convicted of manslaughter charges when they, in fact, did recklessly kill other innocent people. As both a MA resident and a summer Harrison lake resident, I want to see justice prevail. We, too, have had near misses with other watercraft on Long Lake due to other boater’s speed and recklessness. Cumberland County Courts did not set a good example to the community today.

It’s not comforting to know that if I’m ever recklessly killed on Long Lake waters due to other’s negligence that justice will not be served in our court systems due to an age-old legal policy question. Our Harrison property taxes are over $10K annually and my family can no longer enjoy Long Lake water sports with this hanging over all Long Lake citizens. This deadlock just made it easier for the next boating killer to get off easily with another form of OJ trick. Nothing like hurting Long Lake tourism!!
(Rob LaPointe got 5-years of "Home-Confinement", then tearfully disavowed his former statements of guilt!)

Evil or Very Mad 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:45 am

But again, DRINKING was involved. You talk about speed and other rules but then every case you sight DRINKING was involved.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 am

WHL wrote:But again, DRINKING was involved.  You talk about speed and other rules but then every case you sight DRINKING was involved.  
Well, do you have any fear of drunken kayakers?

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:08 am

No, but I don't go out on the lake in fear, either.

But you blame speed when it is not speed and heavy boats. It is alcohol and not even alcohol itself, but overindulging.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am

WHL wrote:No, but I don't go out on the lake in fear, either.  
Then you need a smaller boat!

Wink 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 am

I go from a kayak up. And I guess if I was out in the middle in a kayak, I would be a little nervous. But I wouldn't go out in the middle.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:40 am

WHL wrote:But you blame speed when it is not speed and heavy boats.  It is alcohol and not even alcohol itself, but overindulging.
Victim Jack Hartman's son-in-law was at the helm of the 22-foot boat.

Jack's wife screamed—too late—that the 36-foot Baja was about to run them over. At night, I doubt anyone at the helm of an oversized 36-foot Baja could have seen over the oversized foredeck.

This is a smaller Baja:

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 2007-baja-35-outlaw-10_600x0w

Not just after dark, these ocean-racers are just not suitable for a residential lake like Winnipesaukee—period.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Beautiful boat.

Couple of items:

Jack's wife screamed? Were you there?

Oversized? Please provide the definition of oversized as it pertains to this boat.

I have a similar size deck. I have not problem seeing over mine. Please provide the data that makes this one have an obstructed view.

You again refer to this as an Ocean-racer. Earlier you classified certain Donzi's within a specific cost category and superhuman mystical creatures as Ocean-racers. Since this is not a donzi and I do not see any scary abnormalities in this picture how does this fit your definition?

sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 am

WHL wrote:But again, DRINKING was involved.  You talk about speed and other rules but then every case you sight DRINKING was involved.  
If you saw the Braun Bay videos, didn't you see the guzzlers? Are these the guzzlers you want operating Ocean-Racers in a fresh water lake with swimmers and endangered Loons in random/unexpected places?

Even the most drunken oversized-boat's "Captain"—President of a NH "Safety Club", BTW—was punished by having to spend only her nights in a jail bed. LaPointe had 29 traffic infractions before he killed two boaters with his Ocean-Racer. You may recall from FATP reports and WMUR, even the manufacturer came out and said the boat was inappropriate for fresh water lakes.

These people are Narcissists. Outside of politics, LaPointe is the worst I've been witness to.

(Well, maybe Blizzard—ticketed on I-93 for speeding, while waving her cellphone out her window for a better reception—after the killing would make it "a tie").

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:50 am

Yes I saw the drinking on the Braun Bay video. And that is exactly why I say DRINKING. What does that have to do with speed??? They are sitting there drinking.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:27 am

WHL wrote:Yes I saw the drinking on the Braun Bay video.  And that is exactly why I say DRINKING.  What does that have to do with speed??? They are sitting there drinking.
Drinking is what rafters do.

Here's a video after a day of rafting/drinking:

Aren't you glad they're not going 50-MPH at you?
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 am

Still they are not SPEEDING!! Don't you get the difference. They should not be drinking all afternoon and driving a boat, I agree, but that has NOTHING to do with speeding. Those boats probably don't go 45.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 Empty This is Braun Bay, Winnipesaukee...

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 am

I don't know if LaPointe had a cowboy hat, but he did have a Sunsation—which the manufacturer said "Shouldn't be on protected waters".

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 994BraunBay11
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 am

Funny I know the owners and builders of Sunsation. Nope you are twisting again... Thanks for playing though.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 Empty A Little Reading Material...and there's more...

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 am

sumrluvr wrote:Funny I know the owners and builders of Sunsation. Nope you are twisting again... Thanks for playing though.
Just how well do you know them?

Cool 

http://www.sunjournal.com/node/573916
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:13 pm

News Hawk wrote:
sumrluvr wrote:Funny I know the owners and builders of Sunsation. Nope you are twisting again... Thanks for playing though.
Just how well do you know them?

Cool 

http://www.sunjournal.com/node/573916
Well enough to call wayne and find out that david was misquoted. that in actuality he said that any boat on congested waters could be too much boat for the conditions. Also he mentioned that every captain should be held accountable for their actions and that alcohol played a significant role in this situation. He also wasn't supportive of this Lapointe. But as with any media or forum, sometimes what exactly is said is not reported.

Legal Representative / CEO Sunsation Boats:
Wayne Schaldenbrand
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Loon Sees Pontoon Boat Up-Close-and-Personal... - Page 2 Empty David Was Misquoted?

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:57 pm

David Donchecz, chief operating officer of Michigan-based Sunsation Powerboats, is originally from Bangor and familiar with the lake. He said Thursday that he thought the high-performance 32-foot Dominator, which is the model owned by Lapointe, is really too much boat with too much capacity for speed for such a narrow, congested body of water.

Long Lake stretches 11 miles through Harrison, Bridgton and Naples, and is between one quarter and a half-mile wide. On any given summer weekend it can have hundreds of watercraft on it, the Warden Service said. The lake is popular, in part, because it connects to Brandy Pond in Naples from where boaters can travel the Songo River to and from Sebago Lake."
"Your people" at Sunsation have a major CYA spokesman, where "misquoted" comes in very handy.

BTW: Who is the "chief operating officer" today?

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 am

David still is to my knowledge.. why?
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next