Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule...

+5
Outerlimits
Amy B
sumrluvr
WHL
News Hawk
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule...

Post  News Hawk Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:42 pm

sumrluvr wrote:I still find having both on the books is repetitive and only the 150 ft safe passage is needed. Even then Coast Guard regulations, I feel (not that of SBONH), should be enacted across the country so that there is continuity on all waterways oceans and otherwise.
As we've seen in the last two Winnipesaukee fatalities, the perpetrators have repeatedly and willfully beaten the Justice system.

With specific speed limits on the books, an additional charge can be assessed against the perp, making it certain that some Justice will come out of this Justice System.

Arrow 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule...

Post  Donzel Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Just before the speed limit law, OCD was cruising at 86 MPH as shown on his boats speedometer.

This is an actual image of OCD's speedometer, and he was very proud of it:

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 2009-11-02_0607

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am

86-MPH is a very fast speed on water—where an "oversight" means boaters can not only be ejected, but drown.

How does the fallen Winnipesaukee skier appear to an "experienced boater" crashing along at 86-MPH?

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 N52ds7

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 3307bpu

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15 am

Donzel wrote:Just before the speed limit law, OCD was cruising at 86 MPH as shown on his boats speedometer.

This is an actual image of OCD's speedometer, and he was very proud of it:

Taken during my test run on long island sound. Blew the engine shortly there after removing the pro charger.. Never hit that speed again.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 am

sumrluvr wrote:Taken during my test run on long island sound.  Blew the engine shortly there after removing the pro charger.. Never hit that speed again.
When I was last on Long Island Sound, I never saw any skiers or tubers.

Have you seen any skiers or tubers that could use Speed Limits as a precautionary measure on Lake Winnipesaukee?

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 pm

I think I would be scared at 86 in a boat. I love speed, but that is FAST! Were you really comfortable at that speed sumr?
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:28 pm

WHL wrote:I think I would be scared at 86 in a boat.  I love speed, but that is FAST!  Were you really comfortable at that speed sumr?
No problem.. The boat is designed for it. Again there are boats that are true "ocean racers" and others that are not. I still wouldn't consider mine an ocean racer for it is only 28 feet and I wouldn't be comfortable in over 6 ft. swells. I have been in them and I really could use two engines.

Again it is all relative. If you have ever been in a new corvette 55 mph seems like 20 in your normal everyday car. A corvette can handle the speed, can maneuver better and has better stopping abilities. Same thing with a performance boat.

When I grew up we had a 21ft Century. I think it either had a 240 or 260. It topped out at about 46 mph. I remember that at that speed it felt like the boat would rattle apart. It really felt you were moving at the speed of light. Now I normally cruise at 40 - 50 mph and it really is "cruising" speed.

Most of my friends have 32-37 footers and they "cruise" at 55 mph at 3200 rpms. Feels like you are barely moving.

Again all relative.

sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I agree. And at first when you pick up speed, it feels fast but in a while it seems slow.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:01 pm

WHL wrote:I agree.  And at first when you pick up speed, it feels fast but in a while it seems slow.
You are correct, it's like beng on a motorcycle, that faster you go the faster you want to go. You lose track of just how fast you are going.
At least I did anyway.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Donzel wrote:
WHL wrote:I agree.  And at first when you pick up speed, it feels fast but in a while it seems slow.
You are correct, it's like beng on a motorcycle, that faster you go the faster you want to go.  You lose track of just how fast you are going.
At least I did anyway.
True but again all relative there as well. I had a 1986 Honda Rebel for my first motorcycle. It had a 440 cc and was considered very small for me. I got it for cheap money and figured it was a good bike to learn on. I had it for a few years and cleaned her up nicely. She was fun and I didn't have to worry too much about her cosmetically. She had lots of pitting and wasn't taken care of. I did clean her up pretty good though.

I then got an 1100 Kawasaki GPZ. (Rice Rocket) HOLY COW. I would be on the highway and pass someone. Nothing special. Didn't rev her, switch a gear or anything. Just a little throttle and around I went. I look down 90 mph in a second. One hell of a bike.

My Honda Rebel though at 55 mph on the Highway was NERVE RACKING! Just two different creatures all together.

OL said it best where putting a true ocean racer on the lake is like putting a PWC in your swimming pool.

My boat you feel it at 86 mph but she has duel hydrolic steering arms, K-Planes, beefed up IMCO drive with spacer and the hull is designed for it. It felt fast but nothing she couldn't handle.

The fastest I have been was over 100 mph in a eliminator. It was a jet boat with a gas peddle that was a cat and sat almost on the waterline. That was extremely fast and fast feeling no doubt about it. I was not comfortable in that type of boat. Just not my thing, but I would not tell someone they shouldn't own one or be able to run it on the lake either.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm

The first offender was said to be traveling at "45-MPH" as the lowest estimate, and covered the measured mile in 22 seconds. Here's another boat traveling the "measured mile", and covers the same distance at 17 seconds. According to some here, it's not an Ocean Racer.

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  obervantone Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:57 pm

18 seconds in a measured mile is 200 MPH. Are you seriously saying that the video you just posted is a boat doing 200 MPH?  That is an incredibly outragous statement even for you.  

Also outstanding how you can measure a mile with a single fixed camera location.

OO out
obervantone
obervantone

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:25 am

obervantone wrote:18 seconds in a measured mile is 200 MPH. Are you seriously saying that the video you just posted is a boat doing 200 MPH?  That is an incredibly outragous statement even for you.  

Also outstanding how you can measure a mile with a single fixed camera location.

OO out
I wrote that, where?

What's your guess as to this latest speed?

To get the full story, you'll have to read a bit more—here—of these scofflaws.
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 Empty A different opinion on how safe the lake is now with slower boats

Post  APSound Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 am

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 pm

APSound wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/142345922446654/permalink/706058139408760/

Facebook tried to take over all my my computer needs this week, so how about the "Cliff-Notes" version?

Question
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:56 am

Mad 

FaceBook DID take over my computer; however, a "System-Restore" got rid of it.

Anyway, is a yellow swimming cap a good substitute for a red one? (Photo greatly enlarged).

Don't Let SBONH Do Away with the 150'-Rule... - Page 2 P8310080-002_zps6c14ffcf
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2