Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

+10
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
obervantone
fshnski
News Buzzard
News Pigeon
sumrluvr
APSound
WHL
Donzel
News Hawk
14 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 3 Empty Re: Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

Post  News Hawk Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:11 am

obervantone wrote:
You may have noticed that I produced other videos featuring similar scofflaws: for comparative speeds, all the boats are filmed crossing the very same well-defined marks.
Yes now that you bring it up I do seem to remember you producing another video of "scofflaws" for comparative speeds, like the one below in which you claim the boat is traveling a measured mile (using a single fixed camera) in 17 seconds, which would mean this boat is traveling at 211 MPH!

The first offender was said to be traveling at "45-MPH" as the lowest estimate, and covered the measured mile in 22 seconds. Here's another boat traveling the "measured mile", and covers the same distance at 17 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL6hGQAjWnM&feature=player_embedded
"Drop-in" more often, and you'll see that I'd covered this issue—but to be helpful here—it's a resolvable problem of mathematics. If enough videoed "runs" against the opposite shore are made, the calculus will be much-narrowed.  (The opposite shore has the measured-mile).
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 3 Empty Re: Labor Day Weekend on the Lake...

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 am

News Hawk wrote:
obervantone wrote:
You may have noticed that I produced other videos featuring similar scofflaws: for comparative speeds, all the boats are filmed crossing the very same well-defined marks.
Yes now that you bring it up I do seem to remember you producing another video of "scofflaws" for comparative speeds, like the one below in which you claim the boat is traveling a measured mile (using a single fixed camera) in 17 seconds, which would mean this boat is traveling at 211 MPH!

The first offender was said to be traveling at "45-MPH" as the lowest estimate, and covered the measured mile in 22 seconds. Here's another boat traveling the "measured mile", and covers the same distance at 17 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL6hGQAjWnM&feature=player_embedded
"Drop-in" more often, and you'll see that I'd covered this issue—but to be helpful here—it's a resolvable problem of mathematics. If enough videoed "runs" against the opposite shore are made, the calculus will be much-narrowed.  (The opposite shore has the measured-mile).
Or, maybe you are blowing things out of proportion and exaggerating? This is a more plausible answer and better yet, no calculations required.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 am

APSound wrote:"...better yet, no calculations required..."
How else would you measure speed but by calculation?

News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:12 am

If you calculated, can you apply the speed in which you are accusing each boat of doing in the video? You make open ended accusations and post interpretable pics and vids and leave to the facts that you have somehow calculated.

I for one would be interested in the calculated facts, how fast are they going to cause you to be this upset?

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 am

APSound wrote:If you calculated, can you apply the speed in which you are accusing each boat of doing in the video? You make open ended accusations and post interpretable pics and vids and leave to the facts that you have somehow calculated.

I for one would be interested in the calculated facts, how fast are they going to cause you to be this upset?
"Upset-enough", that this area is the same size as Long Lake, but thoroughly filled on weekends with canoes, kayaks, swimmers, inflatables, tubers, Jet-Skis and skiers. The photo below shows "my bay" with two tykes in a six-foot inflatable!

Labor Day Weekend on the Lake... - Page 3 2epmtr6

Yet they pick a weekend to race through it, then out to The Broads—where everyone's then "safe".

Rolling Eyes
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 am

There are many people that use the lake in their own way. Instead of posting a pic of a lone kayak enjoying the lake, of a boat on plane, post one that shows the accusations and name calling that you post are real and not just a collection of dissociated pics and vids.

I didn't see the speed calculations in the reply, can you post your findings that were used in the accusatory posts?

And your most favorite overused word, scofflaw, any proof? Or again, just random pics that mean little as they only show people enjoying the lake and no violations?

scoff·law
[skawf-law, skof-] Show IPA
noun
a person who flouts the law, especially one who fails to pay fines owed.
a person who flouts rules, conventions, or accepted practices.

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 am

APSound wrote:There are many people that use the lake in their own way. Instead of posting a pic of a lone kayak enjoying the lake, of a boat on plane, post one that shows the accusations and name calling that you post are real and not just a collection of dissociated pics and vids.    

I didn't see the speed calculations in the reply, can you post your findings that were used in the accusatory posts?

And your most favorite overused word, scofflaw, any proof? Or again, just random pics that mean little as they only show people enjoying the lake and no violations?  

scoff·law
noun
LOL...ask him how this relates to a person who cheats on his property taxes all the while bitching about others "taking what they haven't earned"...he uses the term 'scofflaw", I'd use the term "tax cheat" where he is concerned!
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

News Pigeon wrote:
APSound wrote:There are many people that use the lake in their own way. Instead of posting a pic of a lone kayak enjoying the lake, of a boat on plane, post one that shows the accusations and name calling that you post are real and not just a collection of dissociated pics and vids.    

scoff·law
noun
LOL...ask him how this relates to a person who cheats on his property taxes all the while bitching about others "taking what they haven't earned"...he uses the term 'scofflaw", I'd use the term "tax cheat" where he is concerned!
You really think the he will answer? Maybe I can be accused again of being in VT as a distraction:joker: 

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm

APSound wrote:

You really think the he will answer? Maybe I can be accused again of being in VT as a distraction:joker:
And accuse me of being a stalker because he is scamming the system ... Rolling Eyes
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Good to see some balance and sanity come to this forum.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 pm

You can stop calling him a tax cheat NP. That's enough. You don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are watching him a lot more than you admit.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matzoh Heppelwhite. Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:19 pm

WHL wrote:You can stop calling him a tax cheat NP.  That's enough.  You don't know what you are talking about.  Unless you are watching him a lot more than you admit.
So, you're say that if she is watching him closely enough that would explain how she would know about these alleged tax dodging activities?
Matzoh Heppelwhite.
Matzoh Heppelwhite.

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:37 pm

One has to wonder why larger performance boats go into such a small cove when the broads are right there. Could it be that the pics and vids being posted are luring people to the area in which they were taken? That would be funny if the actions used to support the accusations actually caused more boats and noise in "news hawk's" front yard. Hmmmmmmmmmm, funny if true! lol! 

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

APSound wrote:
One has to wonder why larger performance boats go into such a small cove when the broads are right there. Could it be that the pics and vids being posted are luring people to the area in which they were taken? That would be funny if the actions used to support the accusations actually caused more boats and noise in "news hawk's" front yard. Hmmmmmmmmmm, funny if true!     lol!   

I worked on a house this weekend that has shore line property in Winter Harbor. I think it was off Navy Shore Rd. There wasn't much boat traffic both days because the water was choppy. I also wonder why a performance boat would go in that harbor when the broads is close by.

I think that they were harassing News Hawk one more time before calling it a season.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Matzoh Heppelwhite. wrote:
WHL wrote:You can stop calling him a tax cheat NP.  That's enough.  You don't know what you are talking about.  Unless you are watching him a lot more than you admit.
So, you're say that if she is watching him closely enough that would explain how she would know about these alleged tax dodging activities?
Anyone who actually reads his rants can put it together.

He has stated in the past he is a FL resident. We all know, me especially, the tax benefits of being a FL resident.

He also then stated earlier in this thread he spends sometimes not only 1 season but 3 sometimes 4 seasons in NH making it "his bay" because he lives there.

Florida law says you have to live in the state 6 months 1 day to qualify as a resident and the tax exemptions. News Hawk shot himself in the foot there.

Either he is lying and he is not in "his bay" 3 sometimes 4 seasons or he is lying to the state of Florida for tax reasons making him either a liar or a scofflaw or both.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a stalker to see where his rants fall off the track.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Tea party in winter harbor!

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah right, while he calls me a stalker repeatedly, wheres the proof...get over yourself Gracie!! He admitted he spends 3-4 seasons on the lake, what more do you need to prove he's a tax cheat?
We're glad to hear he's staying up there & won't be polluting our air with his hateful/vengeful crap....there's enough crude like him coming here lately.
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Donzel wrote:
APSound wrote:
One has to wonder why larger performance boats go into such a small cove when the broads are right there. Could it be that the pics and vids being posted are luring people to the area in which they were taken? That would be funny if the actions used to support the accusations actually caused more boats and noise in "news hawk's" front yard. Hmmmmmmmmmm, funny if true!     lol!   

I worked on a house this weekend that has shore line property in Winter Harbor.  I think it was off Navy Shore Rd.  There wasn't much boat traffic both days because the water was choppy.  I also wonder why a performance boat would go in that harbor when the broads is close by.

I think that they were harassing News Hawk one more time before calling it a season.
You might be on to something there... So logic would dictate: get rid of him and Winter Harbor would see less performance boats.

Apparently he is the only one complaining however. I always got friendly waves when I drove my boat through Winter Harbor. It seemed many residents and visitors appreciated seeing and hearing a performance boat.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Sumr are you getting your fill of that liquid sunshine up that way? Laughing It's been a very rainy summer season...
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  APSound Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:01 pm

[/quote]You might be on to something there... So logic would dictate: get rid of him and Winter Harbor would see less performance boats.

Apparently he is the only one complaining however. I always got friendly waves when I drove my boat through Winter Harbor. It seemed many residents and visitors appreciated seeing and hearing a performance boat. [/quote]We should start a petition to stop the real safety concern, this free photo booth he is running in winter harbor and the pic/vid posting service that the boats are using to get their pics online. What about all of the innocent kids having their pics posted on their parents boat, that is the real issue here (being disguised as scofflaw accusations)!

APSound

Back to top Go down

Post  News Pigeon Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

What about all of the innocent kids having their pics posted on their parents boat, that is the real issue here (being disguised as scofflaw accusations)
Exactly, I've often wondered why nobody pointed that out....isn't that a bit like STALKING??
!
News Pigeon
News Pigeon

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Donzel, NaRy Shores, is where I assume you worked.

NP, you are one of the nastiest people I have ever seen on these boards. Could you please try to be just a little bit nice.

Every since I have known NH, he has gone to Fl long enough to be a resident, so I KNOW for a fact he is not a tax cheat. Now, maybe before I knew him, he stayed her for 3 or 4 seasons but who said, if that is true, that he went to Fl. then? It's not very nice to accuse someone of something that is not true, so just stop it!

I love to see performance boats come into WH. I LOVE the look, the way they cut the water and the sound, if it is a nice sounding boat.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donzel Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 pm

WHL wrote:Donzel, NaRy Shores, is where I assume you worked.  

That's it. I guess it's the way the owner wrote in down that made me think it was Navy. Thanks for the correction.

I'll be working there again in a few weeks.

Donzel

Back to top Go down

Post  sumrluvr Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

News Pigeon wrote:Sumr are you getting your fill of that liquid sunshine up that way? Laughing It's been a very rainy summer season...
It sure has been rainy here as well. My back yard is very very squishy. But since I don't know the difference being my first year I just thought it was the rainy season so no worries.

Loving the sun and heat.
sumrluvr
sumrluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm

WHL had one of her hot and humid days today. It might be the last one this season, I hope.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next