Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamacare will question your sex life

4 posters

Go down

Obamacare will question your sex life Empty Obamacare will question your sex life

Post  Anti Federalist Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Wait until the surveillance state gets a hold of this information.

Are you sure you have "nothing to hide"?

Obamacare will question your sex life

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/obamacare-will-question-your-sex-life/

‘Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?”

Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential.

Embarrassing though it may be, you confide things to a doctor you wouldn’t tell anyone else. But this is entirely different.

Doctors and hospitals who don’t comply with the federal government’s electronic-health-records requirements forgo incentive payments now; starting in 2015, they’ll face financial penalties from Medicare and Medicaid. The Department of Health and Human Services has already paid out over $12.7 billion for these incentives.

Dr. Richard Amerling, a nephrologist and associate professor at Albert Einstein Medical College, explains that your medical record should be “a story created by you and your doctor solely for your treatment and benefit.” But the new requirements are turning it “into an interrogation, and the data will not be confidential.”

Lack of confidentiality is what concerned the New York Civil Liberties Union in a 2012 report. Electronic medical records have enormous benefits, but with one click of a mouse, every piece of information in a patient’s record, including the social history, is transmitted, disclosing too much.

The social-history questions also include whether you’ve ever used drugs, including IV drugs. As the NYCLU cautioned, revealing a patient’s past drug problem, even if it was a decade ago, risks stigma.

On the other end of the political spectrum is the Goldwater Institute, a free-market think tank. It argues that by requiring everyone to have health insurance and then imposing penalties on insurers, doctors and hospitals who don’t use the one-click electronic system, the law is violating Americans’ medical privacy.

The administration is ignoring these protests from privacy advocates. On Jan. 17, HHS announced patients who want to keep something out of their electronic record should pay cash. That’s impractical for most people.

There’s one question they can’t ask: Thanks to the NRA, Section 2716 of the ObamaCare law bars the federal government from compelling doctors and hospitals to ask you if you own a firearm.

But that’s the only question they can’t be told to ask you.

Where are the women’s rights groups that went to the barricades in the 1980s and 1990s to prevent the federal government from accessing a woman’s health records? Hypocritically, they are silent now.

Patients need to defend their own privacy by refusing to answer the intrusive social-history questions. If you need to confide something pertaining to your treatment, ask your doctor about keeping two sets of books so that your secret stays in the office. Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath seriously and won’t be offended.

Are such precautions paranoid? Hardly. WikiLeaker Bradley Manning showed how incompetent the government is at keeping its own secrets; incidents where various agencies accidentally disclose personal data like Social Security numbers are legion. And that’s not to mention the ways in which commercial databases are prone to hacking and/or exploitation.

Be careful about sharing your medical secrets with Uncle Sam.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Obamacare will question your sex life Empty Re: Obamacare will question your sex life

Post  News Hawk Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 am

Anti Federalist wrote:"...There’s one question they can’t ask: Thanks to the NRA, Section 2716 of the ObamaCare law bars the federal government from compelling doctors and hospitals to ask you if you own a firearm..."
Six years ago, my Wolfeboro doctor had this question on a new questionnaire.  

Last year, he said,

"Give Obamacare a chance".

Suspect
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Obamacare will question your sex life Empty Re: Obamacare will question your sex life

Post  WHL Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 am

I posted that a couple of posts below, Anti. But glad you posted it again. It shows how O'care is getting into our lives.

I heard that they ask (or were asking) kids if there were firearms in their house.  Nothing would surprise me.  Someone was talking about all these questions on the radio and they said just refuse to answer them.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anti Federalist Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 am

WHL wrote:I posted that a couple of posts below, Anti.  But glad you posted it again.  It shows how O'care is getting into our lives.

I heard that they ask (or were asking) kids if there were firearms in their house.  Nothing would surprise me.  Someone was talking about all these questions on the radio and they said just refuse to answer them.
Dupe post? Sorry, didn't check.

Yeah, the firearms stuff started years ago, and again, people were warned what would happen.

Refusing to answer?

That's terrorist talk.

Reported.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 pm

That's ok. Easy to do.

Yes, now that I know they are asking all these questions, I am going to refuse to answer them. And I am no longer going to put my SS# on the forms you have to fill out when you go to a new dr. They can report me. Fine. Sometimes these kind of questions take you by surprise, but now that I am aware, I hope I will be ready for them. When I went for my yearly checked a week or so ago, I had a nurse ask me all kinds of questions that I had never heard before. I think I spent longer with her than I did with the dr. It must be part of Obamacare.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:26 pm

If I told my doctor about my sex life she'd end up smoking a cigarette!

lol! lol! 
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Aren't they looking for people who shouldn't be donating blood?

scratch 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 pm

No. Giving blood and going for a doctor visit are too different things. Besides do people not lie? If they didn't test blood, who knows what we would get.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 pm

A man goes into the hospital for a vasectomy. Before the procedure a
very attractive nurse comes in and takes his vitals, then tells him to
take all of his clothes off.

When he is fully undressed she instructs him to lie down on the
table. The man obeys. The nurse then takes all of her clothes off and climbs
on top and has her way with him.

Upon the completion of the act the man catches his breath and asks what that was all about.
The nurse informs the patient that studies have shown that before a vasectomy if the man
has an ejaculation, he will be more relaxed and that the cord is easier for the surgeon
to locate and sever, thereby making the surgery safer, more efficient and quicker.

The nurse then wheels the patient to the operating room.

While they are going down the hall the patient looks through a window to the right
and sees six men in a room masturbating.

Curious, the man asks," What are they doing in there"?

The nurse responds, " They're preparing for vasectomies too, but you
have Blue Cross, and they have Obama Care."
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 pm

That's a direct metaphore for ObamaCare.

Shocked
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down