Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another VP and gun handling.

3 posters

Go down

Another VP and gun handling. Empty Another VP and gun handling.

Post  fshnski Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.

In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said.

"You don't need an AR-15—it's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

However, Delaware law would likely make his suggestion illegal—unless the shots were fired in self-defense in a truly life-threatening situation.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/20/joe-biden-shotgun-advice-could-land-jill-biden-in-jail

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Another VP and gun handling. Empty Re: Another VP and gun handling.

Post  News Hawk Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm

The Vice President is much smarter than we are.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by News Hawk on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Speaking of fathers and sons, fsh, did you read how different politically Ted Turner and his son Teddy are?? I was quite surprised by that!
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:57 pm

WHL wrote:Speaking of fathers and sons, fsh, did you read how different politically Ted Turner and his son Teddy are?? I was quite surprised by that!

I don't pay too much attention to that part of politics. It's hard enough to just stay in tune with the important stuff. I deliberately try to stay stupid. A couple of years ago I decided to become more involved with politics. I tried to be fair so I watched all the different TV stations and read all the red and blue major news outlets on the web. The more I learned the more disheartened I became. I'm not sure that this country is fixable anymore. I could have never imagined an America so divided. To top it off, that is encouraged. So I deliberately only read a few news sources I find enjoyable and just share things I find interesting or ironic.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Well if I recall the son is running for political office. I agree with you on politics, sometimes I ask myself why I don't just bury my head like so many other people do and not get upset about what is happening to this country. Because I can't do anything about it anyway.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm

WHL wrote:Speaking of fathers and sons, fsh, did you read how different politically Ted Turner and his son Teddy are?? I was quite surprised by that!
Who couldn't be different than Ted Turner—the Martian?
No

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah, but you would expect the apple doesn't fall too far off the tree, so----
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum