Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town News

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Town News - Page 6 Empty Re: Town News

Post  fshnski Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 pm

I am no more of a Republican the you are. And further more you do not know how I think! TROLL!

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor.
fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 pm

confused wrote:Very fuzzy thinking. That means you would only vote for a selectmen who is a republican .  Gosh fsh you are going overboard for your hate of the democrats.  I know republicans who aren't for the renovation of town hall and I know democrats who are for it.  How would you know what to do???

I have never heard some of the comments like you make.

Are you sure that you are not just playing games on this forum???
I've been saying this for a long time, fsh is so confused as to what political party he is faithful to that the comments he makes hardly ever make sense.
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 pm

It would make sense to you if you become an educated voter. You have to get your news from more than one source. That is the biggest problem in American politics. It is not easy to find the truth. It takes time and effort. But, it is easy to be sure about something if you never seek a second opinion.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  Achigan Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:05 pm

fshnski wrote:It would make sense to you if you become an educated voter. You have to get your news from more than one source. That is the biggest problem in American politics. It is not easy to find the truth. It takes time and effort. But, it is easy to be sure about something if you never seek a second opinion.
How many BOS, planning, budget, ZBA meetings have you been to. How many candidate forums have you been to. Just reading the news on the internet or news papers doesn't make you an "educated voter".
Achigan
Achigan

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:06 pm

True. You do have to understand what you read. When I was a Democrat I thought the ZBA and the like were under control of people wiser than me. I trusted they had the best interest of our town in their actions. When obama was chosen over Hillary I started doubting my politics. It was when obama was reelected, after doing a less than mediocre job the previous four years, that I realized the Democrats really weren't about us at all. It is about them. It was about forcing their will on everybody. I began to look at all politics differently then. I do not think that most people can separate their national politics from their town politics. Feelings are feelings. Look how divided we are on our Town Hall.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Achigan wrote:
fshnski wrote:It would make sense to you if you become an educated voter. You have to get your news from more than one source. That is the biggest problem in American politics. It is not easy to find the truth. It takes time and effort. But, it is easy to be sure about something if you never seek a second opinion.
How many BOS, planning, budget, ZBA meetings have you been to.  How many candidate forums have you been to.  Just reading the news on the internet or news papers doesn't make you an "educated voter".
Exactly right. Just reading the news or newpapers doesn't make you an educate voter. That's why it is so hard to know who you are voting for locally. You get very little information.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:18 am

News Buzzard wrote:"...I certainly don't agree with WHL. I know firsthand that regular citizens, who are not officially in government, have a great deal of input into local governing..."
As you and Bob Lemaire are relative newcomers, you missed the better governing that came with Town Meetings.

Why move to a new area, and tell residents how much better "we" did it back home?

Evil or Very Mad 
News Hawk
News Hawk

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:16 am

News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:I know.  I have always thought that ALL public officials should declare their party to help people decide how to vote.
What's your point? More often than not these positions are filled without any opposition. You're just trying to stir up more nonsense.
There's something wrong with Opposition?

Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 am

A party affiliation would indicate a Selectman's view of "Largess".

Cool
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:24 am

It is sad we don't get more opposition in local government and that they never disclose their party affiliation. I could never figure out why on the second point. On the first, people get so disgusted that they just don't want to run for office. It is sad but it is true. Go around and ask people. They will tell you they would never run. To your point, NH:
"Why move to a new area, and tell residents how much better "we" did it back home?"
I hear this a lot. People move here because they like it and then they want to change it to make it like where they came from.

WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:46 am

News Hawk wrote:
News Buzzard wrote:
WHL wrote:I know.  I have always thought that ALL public officials should declare their party to help people decide how to vote.
What's your point? More often than not these positions are filled without any opposition. You're just trying to stir up more nonsense.
There's something wrong with Opposition?

Suspect 
Not at all. Apathy is much worse than opposition. If someone wants to run against me for my $250 a year job, they're more than welcome! I didn't come here to change anything, and that's why I am in favor of preserving Town Hall. I think it's a beautiful building that's very much a part of the fabric of this historic town, and I believe that history will frown on all of us if we don't preserve it. I say kudos to the Friends of Town Hall for all of the wonderful work they've done, and continue to do!
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:47 am

We agree on Town Hall nb.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Buzzard Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

At least we agree on something!! Laughing
News Buzzard
News Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 am

WHL wrote:To your point, NH:
"Why move to a new area, and tell residents how much better "we" did it back home?"
I hear this a lot.  People move here because they like it and then they want to change it to make it like where they came from.  

Nowhere-near like we hear in the South. What we hear is,

"We don't do it like that up north".

No 
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  WHL Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Well, why didn't they stay up north then. It is no different than when people from other countries come here and still want to wear their burkas. If you move to a place, whether it be a town, a state, or a country, respect what is there. Or don't move.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fshnski Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm

I agree.

fshnski
fshnski

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 am

WHL wrote:"...It is no different than when people from other countries come here and  still want to wear their burkas..."
This is why there was a "Greatest Generation"?

No 

Back to top Go down

Post  News Hawk Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 am

News Buzzard wrote:Winnipesaukee Dr is a horseshoe shaped road that circles around Camp Kehonka Rd. One entrance is directly across from Springfield Pt Rd and the other side comes out to Rt 28 a little past Camp Kehonka and East of Suez. The property owners have petitioned the town to repair the road and lay it out as a town road. There are approximately 46 lots in there, with about 22 of them developed with homes. The repair would be paid for by the property owners, in equal shares, and added to their taxes over a 10 year period in what they call a "betterment tax". I believe there are other issues to be worked out before this is a done deal, and that's pretty much all I know. If anyone takes a ride down there, drive slow! The road is in very poor condition.

Update:

http://www.newhampshirelakesandmountains.com/Articles-Granite-State-News-c-2013-12-11-158745.113119-Selectmen-drop-Winnipesaukee-Drive-project-from-2014-warrant.html
News Hawk
News Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum