Wolfeboro/Gilford
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:20 am

So, of course, to find out if somebody's talking about "bad things" we have to listen to everything.


Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

http://www.infowars.com/bill-gates-says-government-spying-isnt-always-bad/

Bill Gates has strong opinions when it comes to world poverty, but the tech titan-turned-philanthropist takes the middle ground on government spying.

Speaking with Fusion’s Jorge Ramos in an interview set to air on Tuesday, Gates said the U.S. needs to strike a balance between protecting citizens’ privacy and identifying national security threats.

“At the end of the day…we want to stop terrorism, we want to see if someone’s talking about nuclear weapons, or bioterrorism or various bad things,” Gates said. “So it’s not as though government surveillance is absolutely bad in all cases…I think it’s a valuable debate and I do think we can balance the two goals.”
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  News Hawk on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am

Anti Federalist wrote:So, of course, to find out if somebody's talking about "bad things" we have to listen to everything.


Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

http://www.infowars.com/bill-gates-says-government-spying-isnt-always-bad/

Bill Gates has strong opinions when it comes to world poverty, but the tech titan-turned-philanthropist takes the middle ground on government spying.

Speaking with Fusion’s Jorge Ramos in an interview set to air on Tuesday, Gates said the U.S. needs to strike a balance between protecting citizens’ privacy and identifying national security threats.

“At the end of the day…we want to stop terrorism, we want to see if someone’s talking about nuclear weapons, or bioterrorism or various bad things,” Gates said. “So it’s not as though government surveillance is absolutely bad in all cases…I think it’s a valuable debate and I do think we can balance the two goals.

At one time, we all  cheers  cheered "Diversity".

Now see where that's gotten us:

Suspect

A full generation of "Americans"  in 2014 who would willingly relay the day-by-day troop-movements of the US military!

Never mind the treason that occurred at Niihau, "Americans" announced U.S. Navy ship movements just days before Pearl Harbor!

 No 

Where are our Patriots?

(Not in New York City).

 Evil or Very Mad 

.

_________________
..."The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning..."
News Hawk
News Hawk

Posts : 8049
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Winnipesaukee & Florida

http://bwolfeboro.runboard.com/f2

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 am

People don't understand we are giving up ALL our freedoms in the name of security.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  Achigan on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 am

WHL wrote:People don't understand we are giving up ALL our freedoms in the name of security.  
 
"ALL" of it?  What freedoms have you given up lately? Have you been harassed by some government agency or been told to stop doing something that a few years ago you could do it?  Things have changed since 2001 because they had to in order to protect your freedom.  That's the only thing that has changed...and thank God it has.  However that isn't the Obama administrations fault, It's the...

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad 750px-September_17_2001
Achigan
Achigan

Posts : 875
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Achigan wrote:
WHL wrote:People don't understand we are giving up ALL our freedoms in the name of security.  
 
"ALL" of it?  What freedoms have you given up lately? Have you been harassed by some government agency or been told to stop doing something that a few years ago you could do it?  Things have changed since 2001 because they had to in order to protect your freedom.  That's the only thing that has changed...and thank God it has.  However that isn't the Obama administrations fault, It's the...

Yes, I have, more than a couple of times.

I am subject to wildly personal and intrusive searches into my background on routine basis (foreign visitors are not), I have been saddled with numerous mandatory "compliance" mandates, among other things.

In any major city, on any major road, I have lost (as have every one of you, of course, none of you give a shit) the very simple basic human right to travel the street and not be under surveillance.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 pm

I give a ---. There are so many compliance things, it drives you crazy.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  Anti Federalist on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm

WHL wrote:I give a ---.  There are so many compliance things, it drives you crazy.

I know you do... Wink 

I was being cranky.
Anti Federalist
Anti Federalist

Posts : 1385
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  WHL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 pm

I know some people on this board who don't though.
WHL
WHL
Admin

Posts : 6057
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad Empty Re: Bill Gates Says Government Spying Isn’t Always Bad

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum